9th June 2011, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

Age limit for IAS and IPS exam? Minimum and Maximum requirements to become IAS and IPS officer?

I'm Love Bajwa of 16years. I want to know that at what age IAS & IPS exams were held. What are the minimum and maximum requirement to become the same and at what age a person will got his target to become an IPS or IAS officer.At what age this responsibility starts and at what age a person will retired? Please guide me at this regards by everything in detail. I shall be very thankful to u for this kind act.

22nd June 2011, 01:09 AM
akhilesh16071991
Senior Member++

Default Re: Age limit for IAS and IPS exam? Minimum and Maximum requirements to become IAS and IPS officer?

Dear,
Minimum age for IAS and IES exam is 21 years.
Maximum age for IAS and IES exam is 30 years...on August 1 of the year of examination.
There are some relaxation for OBC and SC/ST category:
a. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
b. upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.

retirement age is:30years.

good luck
26th June 2011, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Age limit for IAS and IPS exam? Minimum and Maximum requirements to become IAS and IPS officer?

m miti yadav.i want to knw exam date of 2011 .and what is the minmum age and maximum age m for ias nd ips ?????
28th June 2011, 03:11 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conduct Civil Services exam for IAS and IPS.

IPS Exam Eligibility:-

Oualification:-The basic eligibility to appear in the IPS exam is to have a
graduation degree from any discipline.

Age limit:- The age of the candidate must be above 21 years of age while
appearing the preliminary exam. The age of the candidate must not be more than 30 years. relaxation for non general .

For general - 30
For OBC - 33
For SC/ST - 35
For Ex-service men it is 5 years from the prescribed age limits.

Physical Eligibility :- Minimum height of 165 cm for Men and 150 cm for
Women .
minimum height is relaxable to 160 and 145 cm for SC/ST.

Attempts:The attempts for several categories are

For Open -4
For OBC -7
For SC/ST - No limit.
28th June 2011, 03:12 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

IAS & IPS Exam Eligibility:-

appearing the preliminary exam. The age of the candidate must not be more than 30 years. relaxation for non general .

For general - 30
For OBC - 33
For SC/ST - 35

Physical Eligibility for IPS :- Minimum height of 165 cm for Men and 150 cm
for Women .

For Open -4
For OBC -7
For SC/ST - No limit.
29th June 2011, 06:16 AM
Unregistered

Respt SIr,
please let me know that, in India which state IPS/IAS exam is held.
Thanks,
Sayed Samar
3rd July 2011, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

respected sir,
pls let me knw wat is the requirements for ias and ips exam like height,weight etc etc
3rd July 2011, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

i want to become an ias but i m confused which stream would help most in 11
4th July 2011, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Am 35 years old (age 35 completed and 36 years running) and am belongs to OBC, Am completed my PG's M.Com and M.C.A., Am I eligible for appear IAS or IPS?, please help.
7th July 2011, 11:17 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

here i am giving the age limit criteria for appearing to IAS AND IPS exam.

1) lower age limit is 21 years.
2) upper age limit is 30 years
3) OBC category candidates have the relaxation of 3 years more than the upper age limit.
4) candidates belongs to sc/st category have the relaxation of 5 years more than the upper age limit.

these are the age eligibilities to appear in the IAS or IPS exam.
FOR APPEARING IN IAS AND APS EXAM YOU MUST COMPLETE YOUR GRADUATION .

FOR all the information and for latest notifications about the civil service exam kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in

thanks
11th July 2011, 06:56 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear

age limit for IAS exam is 21 to 30 years.
5 years for SC/ST relax

3 years for OBC

* minimum qualification is graduation.

* 2 exam
1) Pri-liminary exam
2)Final exam

well preparation needed............
11th July 2011, 10:06 PM
namit_sahu21
Member+

The age limits for IPS and IAS exams are -

General 21 years to 30 years
OBC - 21 years to 33 years
SC and ST - 21 years to 35 years

For more information log on to the official website of UPSC -
http://www.upsc.gon.in
12th July 2011, 01:52 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm Love Bajwa of 16years. I want to know that at what age IAS & IPS exams were held. What are the minimum and maximum requirement to become the same and at what age a person will got his target to become an IPS or IAS officer.At what age this responsibility starts and at what age a person will retired? Please guide me at this regards by everything in detail. I shall be very thankful to u for this kind act.
dear friend,
The Minimum requirements for IAS and IPS exam are as follows...

Eligibility Criteria For IAS

Age limits :
The candidate must be between 21-30 years of age.Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs.

Educational Qualifications :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.

Eligibility Criteria FOR IPS

Age limit :
21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Minimum Physical Standard For IPS-

Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.
Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses
only. High standard for the Colour-blind test. No inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.

Ladies should not be pregnant at the time of Medical Test.

Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment shd not be more than 30 decibels.

Nasal- candidate should not stammer while speaking.

Best wishes.
12th July 2011, 11:05 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Age limit for IAS and IPS exam? Minimum and Maximum requirements to become IAS and IPS officer?

Quote:
A candidate can apply for the post of IAS and IPS through civil service
examination. This examination is conducted by the UPSC every year.
To apply for this examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Education Qualification
For the Civil service examination candidate should be graduate in
any discipline. Those appeared in the final year examination are
also eligible to apply for this examination.

Age Limit
For the civil examination candidate age should be between 21 to 30 years.

For more information on civil service examination visit below web site
www.upsc.gov.in
12th July 2011, 11:19 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S and I.P.S entrance examination was conducted by UPSC every year.

Age limit for IAS and IPS Exam :-

The candidate age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs of age at the time of appearing.

Maximum thirty years relaxation for general candidates.

Maximum thirty three years relaxation for OBC candidates.

Maximum thirty five years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Eligibility Criteria :-

Graduation in any discipline from a recognized college/university.

Those in the final year of examination may also eligible to apply.

This entrance examination is divided into three parts :-
  1. Preliminary Examination.
  2. Main Examination.
  3. Interview.

For IPS candidate,physical fitness is very important.

Attempts :-

4 attempts for General candidates.

7 attempts for OBC candidates.

No limit for SC/ST candidates.

More details,visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
13th July 2011, 12:12 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Hi There!

The age limit for IAS and IPS is from 21-30 years for general caste.There is 5 years age concession for SC/STs and 3 years for OBCs.

The minimum requirement for IAS and IPS is having graduation degree from a recognized institute in any stream.Ex- servicemen get a further exemption of 5 years.
For IPS few physical standards needs to be maintained which is as under:-

Height – Male 165 cm, Pahari Male(general also) &
ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm
Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) &
ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm
Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

There is no upper limit for Qualification.

All the Best..
13th July 2011, 02:37 AM
nambardar
Senior Member+

SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
The civil service examination is conducted by UPSC(UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION)every year. The examination has three stages i.e.,
1)Preliminary examination(normally conducted during the second half of may)
2)Main examination (normally conducted during the month of oct/nov,those who are selected in preliminary are only eligible for main examination)
3)Interview(those who are selected in main examination will be eligible for interview)

ELIGIBILITY
1)A pass in a degree from any University,
2)For IAS and IPS the candidate must be a citizen of India,
3)For other services a candidate can be either a citizen of India,a subject of Nepal,a subject of Bhutan or a Tibetian refugee

AGE LIMIT
1)21 years must be completed by the 1st AUGUST of that year,
2)GENERAL-30,OBC-33,SC/ST-35;EX-SERVICEMEN WILL GET 5 YEARS EXEMPTION

ATTEMPTS
OPEN-4,OBC-7,SC/ST-NO LIMIT

PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION

General Studies-150 marks
Optional subject-300 marks
13th July 2011, 02:46 AM
nehal7789

Hi,
Good choise to be IAS or IPS. Eligibility for that exams are listed below.
(1) Nationality
i. Only Indian nationals are eligible for IAS and IPS.
ii. For other services a candidate can be either of the following:
a. a citizen of India,
b. a subject of Nepal,
c. a subject of Bhutan,
d. a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(2) Age Limit
i. A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
ii. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:
a. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
b. upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.
c. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate had been domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period between January 1, 1980 and December 31, 1989.
d. upto a maximum of 3 years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled during hostilities with foreign countries or in a disturbed area and consequently released.
e. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs / SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on August 1 of the year of examination and have been released:
on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from August 1 of the year of examination) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or
on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or
on invalidment.
f. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ECOs / SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment (5 years Military Service) as on August 1 of the year of examination and whose assignment has been extended beyond 5 years. Such candidates will have to provide a certificate from the Ministry of Defence stating that they can apply for civil employment and they will be released on a notice of 3 months, upon selection, from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
g. upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped candidates.
u can get more information from this website.

www.indianofficer.com
13th July 2011, 10:50 AM
raja badam

Dear Aspirant,

IAS And IPS are Great Exams In INDIA Conducts By UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).

Minimum Age limit is 21 Years Exam conducting year on 1St of August.
Maximum Age limit is 30 years for Open Category,33 years for BC ,35 years for SC/ST.

Heigiht

For Males 165cm for Open Category,For Females 150cm for Open Category

For Males 160cm for SC/ST/OBC,For Females 145cm for SC?ST?OBC.

Any one must be graduate from recognized university.

There is only pass percentage for marks.
13th July 2011, 10:53 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
age limit for IAS & IPS exam is 21- 30 yrs
there is some relaxation for sc/st -5yrs
& obc-3yrs.
for more information you can visit to upsc site because it conduct the exam .......
http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck
13th July 2011, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

i m a polytachnic student what can i do to became ips officer
13th July 2011, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

What is the age limit for Army ex-servicemen?
14th July 2011, 01:43 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
dear friend,
to become an ips or ias officer, the minimum eligibility qualification is that the student must have done graduation in any field with atleast 60 percent marks. The age limit for the exam is 21 to 30 years. The duration of the job is 30 years. For more details regarding the exam you must visit
www.upsc.gov.in
17th July 2011, 01:31 PM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

Yes you can prepare for ias
CCCC
The basic conditions are
1. Graduate degree
2. Age limit 21-30

you can attend for upsc examination.

notification is published on february

the new syllabus for 2011 prelims ias is given below

The new syllabus will have two common papers with equal weightage (200 marks each), unlike the current system which gives more weightage to subject paper (300 marks) than the common general awareness paper (150 marks).

CSAT Syllabus

The first paper under the new syllabus will be more or less like the current general awareness paper, with additional issues such as climate change and biodiversity. It will will test civil services aspirants on current events of national and international importance, Indian history, Indian and world geography, Indian polity and governance, economic and social development and general science, besides environmental ecology, biodiversity and climate change that do not require subject specialization.

The second paper, being introduced by replacing the optional (subject) paper, will have aptitude, data interpretation and English language comprehension skills. The second paper comprises general comprehension; inter-personal skills, including communication skills; logical reasoning and analytical ability; decision making and problem solving; general mental ability; basic numbers and their relations (secondary level) and data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables and data sufficiency). The English language comprehension skills will also be of secondary level.

Those who clear preliminary can attend final examination

Part B - Main Examination - Optional Subjects
Paper-I One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the 22 languages included in the VIIIth Schedule to the Constitution (Qualifying Paper) 300 Marks
Paper-II English (Qualifying Paper)
300 Marks
Paper-III Essay [in the medium you choose] 200 Marks
Papers IV & V General Studies (300 Marks for each paper) 600 Marks
Papers VI, VII, VIII & IX Any two subjects (each having 2 papers) to be selected from the prescribed optional subjects (300 marks for each paper) 1200 Marks
Total Marks for Written Examination 2000 Marks
Interview Test [in the medium you choose] 300 Marks
Grand Total 2300 Marks
17th July 2011, 01:35 PM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

Yes you can prepare for ias

The basic conditions are
1. Graduate degree
2. Age limit 21-30

you can attend for upsc examination.

notification is published on february

the new syllabus for 2011 prelims ias is given below

The new syllabus will have two common papers with equal weightage (200 marks each), unlike the current system which gives more weightage to subject paper (300 marks) than the common general awareness paper (150 marks).

CSAT Syllabus

The first paper under the new syllabus will be more or less like the current general awareness paper, with additional issues such as climate change and biodiversity. It will will test civil services aspirants on current events of national and international importance, Indian history, Indian and world geography, Indian polity and governance, economic and social development and general science, besides environmental ecology, biodiversity and climate change that do not require subject specialization.

The second paper, being introduced by replacing the optional (subject) paper, will have aptitude, data interpretation and English language comprehension skills. The second paper comprises general comprehension; inter-personal skills, including communication skills; logical reasoning and analytical ability; decision making and problem solving; general mental ability; basic numbers and their relations (secondary level) and data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables and data sufficiency). The English language comprehension skills will also be of secondary level.

Those who clear preliminary can attend final examination

Part B - Main Examination - Optional Subjects
Paper-I One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the 22 languages included in the VIIIth Schedule to the Constitution (Qualifying Paper) 300 Marks
Paper-II English (Qualifying Paper)
300 Marks
Paper-III Essay [in the medium you choose] 200 Marks
Papers IV & V General Studies (300 Marks for each paper) 600 Marks
Papers VI, VII, VIII & IX Any two subjects (each having 2 papers) to be selected from the prescribed optional subjects (300 marks for each paper) 1200 Marks
Total Marks for Written Examination 2000 Marks
Interview Test [in the medium you choose] 300 Marks
Grand Total 2300 Marks
3rd August 2011, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

is there any height limit in only ias exam???
8th August 2011, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

hello sir/mam myself jaspreet kaur i have completed mba in finance and i want to attemt the ias exam will u plz guide me about it that what i have to do?
10th August 2011, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

are backlog student in b.tech eligible in upse exam,backlog has been completed in first year?
10th August 2011, 11:04 PM
suchiii

Hello
Age limit for IAS minimum age should be 21 year and maximum age 31 for general category
there are 5 year relaxation for sc/st
minimum qualification for giving IAS exam ,you shold be atleast graduate in any stream.
11th August 2011, 02:10 AM
Harshita21

IAS and IPS Exams Eligiblity :

* qualification
- graduation from a recognized university

* age limit
- 21 to 30 years for general
- 33 years for OBC
- 35 years for ST/Sc

* no of attempts
26th August 2011, 09:02 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

Age limit for IAS and IPS Exam :-

The candidate age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs of age at the time of appearing.

Maximum thirty years relaxation for general candidates.

Maximum thirty three years relaxation for OBC candidates.

Maximum thirty five years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Graduation in any discipline from a recognized college/university.

Those in the final year of examination may also eligible to apply.

This entrance examination is divided into three parts :-

1. Preliminary Examination.
2. Main Examination.
3. Interview.
27th August 2011, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

sir i have complete my b.com with 59% n now pursing by PGDBA (HR) From symbiosis pune(distance) so i can eligible for IAS or IPS Exam
29th August 2011, 04:22 PM
Mannu2525

AGE LIMIT

21 to 30 year (GEN Candidates)
21 to 33 year (OBC Candidates)
21 to 35 year (SC,ST and PH Candidates)

GOOD LUCK
30th August 2011, 09:12 PM
dhruv007

Education Qualification
For the Civil service examination candidate should be graduate in
any discipline. Those appeared in the final year examination are
also eligible to apply for this examination.

Minimum Age limit is 21 Years Exam conducting year on 1St of August.
Maximum Age limit is 30 years for Open Category,33 years for BC ,35 years.

for more information you can visit to upsc site because it conduct the exam .......
http://www.upsc.gov.in

thanks
30th August 2011, 09:19 PM
tanmayeetripathy

Hi,

there are no special requirements for appearing for the ips exam as it is part of the civil services examination. So if you fulfill the criteria for civil services exams you, by default, qualify for ips exams as well.

1..ips exam:-

to be eligible for the civil services exams:

You must be at least 21 years of age at the time of filling the civil services (preliminary) exam form and not more than 30 years of age (various relaxations are available for different categories).

You must possess a graduate degree in any discipline of any of the universities incorporated by an act of central or state legislature in india or other educational institutions established by an act of parliament or declared to be deemed as a university under section 3 of the ugc act 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

Candidates who are in the final semester or have taken their final degree exam but are awaiting the results can also appear for the ias and ips preliminary examination provided they furnish their proof of degree while filling the mains form.

2…ias exam:-

age limit for qualifying ias exam is mentioned below:-

• candidate must attain the age of 21 years and must not attained the age of 30 years on the year in which the examination is being held.

• relaxation of age limit in case of sc/st and other backward categories.

• there is a minimum age limit for the candidate to attend the exam which is subject to reservations in case of sc/st/obc etc. There is no limitation on the number of attempts in case of ias exam for sc/st candidates.

1. Educational qualification:

• must be a graduate from a recognised university.

• candidates having professional and technical qulification are also eligible.

• the minimum eligibility criteria regarding the civil service exam is that the candidate should be a graduate in any discipline. The candidate should attain at least a 55% of marks in the qualifying examination.

• the candidates in the general category can attempt 4 times the exam.

2. Nationality:

• the candidate must be a citzen of india.

I thing you might have got basic idea regarding these exam..

Have a good day.
31st August 2011, 01:02 AM
cool.cristae

Hi dear,

IAS & IPS Exam Eligibility:-

For general - 30
For OBC - 33
For SC/ST - 35

Physical Eligibility for IPS :- Minimum height of 165 cm for Men and 150 cm
for Women .

For Open -4
For OBC -7
For SC/ST - No limit.

Thanks
31st August 2011, 01:30 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Indian Administration Service (IAS) exam is conducted by upsc every year once

Eligibility criteria for IAS exam:
Education qualification:
Candidate should complete graduation degree with any stream from a recognized university.
Age limit:
Age should be between 21 to 30 year.

Indian Administration Service has three phase of examination process,first is Preliminary exam (current affairs,Vocabulary,aptitude will be the syllabus),if you qualifies this exam,then only you can enter to Second phase of exam i.e Main exam (Geography,History etc syllabus,all the question should answer in eassy type),if you crack this exam,then only you can enter to third phase exam i.e is Interview (Communication skill testing).After overcoming all this exam,you will be appointed as Asst IAS officer.

Indian Engineering Service(Preliminary exam) Notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 4th Feb 2012 to 5th March 2012.
Exam will held on 20th May 2012.

Indian Engineering Service (Main Exam) notification for this year:
Exam will held on 15th Oct 2012.
Yet notification details,were not update,i hope they will be updating notification after preliminary exams.
For more details,then see this attachment
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 133 views)
31st August 2011, 02:46 AM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

The age limit for IPS exam
category Age limit No of attempts

1: general 21 to 30 year 4

2: OBC 21 to 33 year 7

3: SC / ST 21 to 35 year no limit

and candidate should be graduate
31st August 2011, 01:58 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

Hello,

Age limit for IAS(Indian Administrative Service) and IPS(Indian police service) and requirements:

* Candidates should be a graduate from a recognized university
* Candidates age limit must be within 21 to 30 years
* Candidates for OBC must be 21 to 33 years
* Candidates for SC/ST must be 21 to 35 years

Attempts:

* For General category - 4 attempts
* For OBC category - 7 attempts
* For SC/ST category - No limit

Best wishes
31st August 2011, 03:27 PM
NEIL6

Dear

The minimum age for IAS and IPS is 21 years and maximum age is 30 years for general category and 35 years for SC/ST category.

Retirement age is 30 years.
31st August 2011, 03:29 PM
NEIL6

Dear

The minimum age for IAS and IPS is 21 years and maximum age is 30 years for general category and 35 years for SC/ST category.

Retirement age is 30 years.
1st September 2011, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

i am an army person, what is the age limit of ips.
17th September 2011, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

HOE TO GET ALL DETAILS OF IPS OFFICER
I AM 26 YEARS OLD,HSC PASSED IN 55% MARKS
I HAVE NEXT PROCEDERS AT EARLIEST .
PLEASE KINDLY SEND ME DETAILS .
ALL
18th September 2011, 07:18 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

these exams are conducted by UPSC every year.both exams have nearly same eligibility criteria. the age limit exist for both exams are 21-30 years, for a general cadidates. also there are 5 years relaxation for sc\st candidates.

you must have to complete your graduation in any stream.

Attempts:

* For General category - 4 attempts
* For OBC category - 7 attempts
* For SC/ST category - No limit

Best wishes
19th September 2011, 04:55 AM
Unregistered

dear , sir

i want to know if i want to make plan to face entrance examination ..pls let me know from which age i need to start preparation for that and how to start proper preparation.
19th September 2011, 05:08 PM
peterpan10
Senior Member+

Here I'm giving you all details infor mation regarding this.

Eligibility :

Academic Qualification :
The candidate must be graduate from any university.

Age Limit :
ForGeneral :21 to 30 years.[SC/ST will get 5 years age relaxation and OBC will get 3 year age relaxation]

No Of Attempts :
General : 4.
SC/ST: Unlimited.
OBC :7.
7th October 2011, 02:49 AM
Unregistered

i'm engg. student but appearing during appearing can i give exam for ips&ias??
22nd October 2011, 09:32 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Age limit for IAS and IPS exam? Minimum and Maximum requirements to become IAS and IPS officer?

Quote:

How To Become an IAS or IPS Officer

In order to become an IAS(Indian Administrative Service) or IPS(Indian Police Service) Officer..you need to clear the Civil Service Exams conducted by UPSC..

According to the UPSC guidelines..a candidate must satisfy the following criterion to appear for the Civil Service Exam :-

1) You need to be a graduate or a final year graduation student in any stream from an AICTE or UGC recognized University..

2) You should be in the age limit of 21-30 years for general category,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

The maximum number of attempts allowed for the general category is 4,for OBC it is 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

Exam Pattern :-

There are 2 rounds for clearing this exam

1) Prelims :- This round..also known as Civil Service Aptitude Test(CSAT) has 2 objective papers which will test your general knowledge,current affairs and aptitude..

2) Mains :- If you clear the Prelims,then you shall qualify for the Mains where you will face nine papers..where your knowledge of your graduation subjects shall be tested..

If you clear both the rounds..you shall be called for the interview and the final selection..

Important Dates :-

The forms shall be available to you in the month of February..

The Prelims are held in last week of May and the results for the Prelims shall be declared in the first half of August..

The Mains shall be conducted in the last week of October and the results shall be announced in the mid of March..

The interview shall be held in the last week of April and the result shall be announced within 2 weeks of the interview..

The general age for retirement set by the government is 60 years..

The civil services are no place for jokes or complacency..

From the day of joining..you will have all the responsibilities on your shoulders..

In case you have any further queries then you can log on to the following site ..

http://upsc.gov.in

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
26th October 2011, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

dear sir i am b.com 1 student and want to appear for ias exam when should i appear
28th October 2011, 08:55 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

For become a IAS (INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE) & IPS (INDIAN POLICE SERVICE) officer, you must have to clear the civil service examination, conducted by UPSC (union public service commission).

for both services, you must posses graduation degree from a recognized college, whatever may be the stream is...

the age limit for this examination is -
21-30 years for the GENERAL candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,

21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates,

this civil service examination has three stages-
1. CSAT
2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW.

No. of attempts for CSAT-
four for the general candidates,
seven for the OBC candidates,
no such restriction for the SC\ST candidates.

thank you!!
~gamble~
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?