25th October 2010, 05:13 PM
genius

Tips and tricks for clearing GATE? How to score good in GATE Exam?

send me gate previous question papers..and can u give hint,how to score in gate exam?how to face the exam..little tips for preparing gate....

26th October 2010, 07:31 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Tips and tricks for clearing GATE? How to score good in GATE Exam?

there are three tricks to clear gate-1.LABOUR HARD 2.LABOUR HARD 3. LABOUR HARD. without hard labour you cant think to suceed.
26th October 2010, 09:07 PM
vivekkrchaudhary

Red face Re: Tips and tricks for clearing GATE? How to score good in GATE Exam?

dont attempt question u r not sure abt as there is negative marking, clear ur concepts and do the basics thats it
4th November 2010, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

i want info. abt the preparation elated to gate exams
3rd December 2010, 11:18 AM
neethubobby

hey hi
preparation related to GATE exam..well you first be sure about the portions then study or refer standard text books.
if possible attend some coaching classes cos this will help you in understanding the subject in depth and will also expose you to some handy techniques and short cuts to solving complex problems.
practice as much as possible cos time is also an other factor what you have to manage.
so try getting some sample question papers and solve them
all the best
10th December 2010, 09:41 AM
Unregistered

how to score good marks in gate?
11th December 2010, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

Hi buddies,
I have got GATE 2010, i think cracking GATE is easy if u study for about 3-4 hours a day for 6 months, practice as many questions as possible, concentrate on the subjects which have more weightage and also ask seniors at which parts we can score maximum marks(i know about CS), write as many mocks as possible and rectify your doubts and also while writing GATE my suggestion is to go for 2 mark questions first and answer those questions for which you know exact answer(exact means you should get answer which is upto two decimals correct minimum ), leave the questions which you dont know then go for 1 mark questions after that you see the questions which you can get answers on trying, remember one thing NO ONE CAN ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS IN GATE (even the topper cant). All the best. Give your best.
12th December 2010, 05:15 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how to score good marks in gate?
hello friend

there are lot of ways to do good in this exam

you should follow the best of your nature which suits you

as you have only two months

your preparation should be very wise

here are some tips to prepare for competitive exams like GATE

check it out

first maintain less friends i mean to say reduce your friend circle

say no to all attraction like

cinema cellphone chatting etc../

know your syllabus

know the pattern of the examination

analyze the mind of paper setter

make all the syllabus in to some parts and prepare according to your own plan

do combined studies with good friends who have most interest on studies and who can create interest in you

by following these tips till the end of the examination concentratedly you can get a good rank in GATE

for concentration meditate daily

all the best

~aditya~
22nd December 2010, 11:04 AM
raghvendra sachan

hi................many tips of gate exam.............................................. ............................
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GATE Sample Paper 5.pdf(347.3 KB, 846 views)
3rd January 2011, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

hello
can any one say me that from 1992 which institute has set the gate paper every year?
3rd January 2011, 11:14 PM
sonu1234

GATE is many focus on your basic technical skill so preapre it well.and take GK Publisher book.
3rd January 2011, 11:23 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by genius View Post
send me gate previous question papers..and can u give hint,how to score in gate exam?how to face the exam..little tips for preparing gate....
see cracking gate is not a very big deal just focus on ur core subjets which u had taken in btech and try to get good score in that subjects .u will crack it.
4th January 2011, 12:27 AM
yajvendra

Dear Friend
As i know if you are hard working then you can crack the gate exam.you can crack gate exam if you study daily 3 to 4 hours.and study according to the syllabus.and you can get high score if study according to the syllabus and try to solve previous year pepers and mock test papers as more as possible.
good luck....
4th January 2011, 10:27 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

you have not mentioned your stream so i am unable to attach question papers for previous GATE examination. but i will suggest you to go to the question paper section of this forum. i think you will get question papers from there.

Trick and Tips for GATE examination-

do careful study on the syllabus of GATE. remember in GATE examination question comes only basic part of the subject. if you have good knowledge in the subject then easily you can solve the question.

in GATE examination there is 15 marks aptitude questions from previous year. these are comparable easy than the technical portion. so try to get maximum marks out of 15 marks from this portion. prepare for aptitude from any good book. if you can secure more than 10 marks from aptitude portion then it will be very much easy to clear the cut off GATE.

then give attention to the mathematics part. this part also comparable easy then technical part. try to get maximum marks from this portion also.

try to cover maximum of the GATE syllabus. so that you can answer more question.

try to answer linked question. because if you are able to solve the two linked question then easily you will get 8marks. so try to study that chapter more carefully from which linked question may come.

at last do not be tensed before appearing examination. if you study 3 to 4 months carefully for GATE then easily you can crack the GATE examination.

best of luck.
4th January 2011, 10:54 AM
saswata06

You have to concentrate on your branch subjects to crack the GATE exam.Also prepare for the aptitude and reasoning part as there is some questions from that part.
4th January 2011, 10:57 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Tips and tricks for clearing GATE? How to score good in GATE Exam?

Quote:
Dear friend,
clear your concept about all subjective papers,Increase your technical knowledge,Join with GATE FORUM,practice model papers and also practice with time...
4th January 2011, 12:13 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Tips and tricks for clearing GATE? How to score good in GATE Exam?

TIPS TO GET ELIGIBLE GATE SCORE

The only way to success in GATE exam is hard work.

these are some tips and advices you must follow them if you really interested in cracking GATE:-
1.start collecting your base books related to the syllabsu i.e if you are from ECE branch
control system is a base book and it comes under the syllabus ,
there start collecting books.

2.Start with a good schedule at-least give your 10hrs of study Gate syllabus.If you are running out of time or you have less time for GATE exam.

3.There are lot of books for different papers :-
click this to find books

4.must refer to the previous year papers .
Post number #10 for ECE 10 year papers

Good luck.
4th January 2011, 01:51 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Quote:
first of all for your need of previous question paper please visit this link-
http://gate.iitm.ac.in/gate2011/qppattern.php.
you can get high marks by regular revision and please solve the sample paper of your subject,make sure your concept of hot topic of your subject.
4th January 2011, 04:05 PM
vetriselvi
Senior Member+

First and foremost thing is to have thorough knowledge of your basics in your academic discipline. Then stream wise, you will around ten subjects alloted that you need to prepare. Possible collect the books and start preparing them from now onwards. Else start working out with the previous year question papers and there are even books available in the market compiled with question papers and sample papers where you need to work out since most of the questions may appear repeated or similar to the previous ones. The other way out is to join in any of the coaching centers where they train you with again previous year question papers. So it is up to you to chose your best way now.
4th January 2011, 04:30 PM
rbsajid

Wink Re: Tips and tricks for clearing GATE? How to score good in GATE Exam?

no without hard work u cant think to suceed because gate need hard labour & u will have to do othervise u cant clear gate
5th January 2011, 11:56 AM
zeeshangate

HII......guys how many guess i can do in GATE EXAM
17th January 2011, 03:45 AM
Unregistered

is classroom coaching is necessary?
6th February 2011, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

how can i pre[are 4r gate 2011?
12th February 2011, 09:30 AM
Unregistered

for more score which questions will help,means 2mark r 1mark pls send reply
12th February 2011, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

how to find out answers og gate question paper easily
12th February 2011, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

Give some tips about answering the GATE questions...
12th February 2011, 11:25 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
At first you have to go through the syllabus
its not a joke, you have to work hard.
some books are there, you must buy them
I am giving you an inter view of an topper of IIT
this will help you
thank you

chyut, (All India Rank 1, Mechanical, GATE 2008) answers the questions posed by us for the benefit of other GATE Aspirants in the following interview.

Bhure Achyut Chatrabhuj
GATE 2008 Topper
AIR 1
Stream ME (Mechanical)
Gateforum Roll No: [144658]

1. From which college are you pursuing / completed your engineering?
Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University LONERE Dist Raigad Maharashtra

2. Have you taken GATE earlier? How was your performance in it?
GATE 2006 AIR 2207
GATE 2007 AIR 517

3. Can you recollect when you started preparation for GATE 2008? (Which year of engineering / job)
In Third Year of B.Tech

4. When you started your preparation, what was your aim in GATE?
In my first attempt(2006) I aimed to obtain at least a valid GATE score; in my second attempt(2007) I decided gain rank within 100 where as in third attempt (2008) tried hard to get rank within 10.

5. When you were preparing for GATE, were you expecting this rank?
I had got AIR 1 in 8 out of 10 mock tests conducted by Gateforum so I was expecting my rank at least within 25

6.. What were the subjects you felt were tough?
I felt industrial engineering & operation research very boring. Thermal science is very tough to understand but I have mastered it much above the average level of students. Math is tough to understand but easy to score.

7. What were the subjects you felt were easy?
Machine design, Solid mechanics, Applied mechanics, Theory of machines, Production engineering, Heat transfer.

8. Which books / material did you refer to in your preparation?
SM Singer Pytel (HARPER COLLINS PBL.),
Beer Johnson McGraw-hill,
Maths - B.S.Grewal, Erwin Kryzig , TOM- S.S.Rattan,
Thermodynamics- P.K.Nag, Cengel ,
Heat transfer- Y.A.Cengel

9. How did Gateforum's Coaching / Correspondence course / Test series help in your preparation?
I had applied for the Gateforum test series only. Performance analysis provided by Gateforum helped in detecting my weak areas. All India ranking system tells where we stand in national level competition. Method of conducting the exam & many question are very similar to actual GATE paper. Overall test series gives a nice practice of solving the GATE Question Paper in limited time. This experience helps in actual GATE paper.

10. In your opinion what are the major reasons for your success in GATE?
Deep understanding of subjects, quick thinking, practice of different type of problems & question papers.

11. What was your methodology while preparing for GATE?
As explained below.

12. When did you complete the syllabus? Were you able to revise? (how many times)
Actually I had completed most of syllabus thoroughly during my B Tech. so during last year I learned very few concepts & gave much time for revision. (3 to 4 times)

13. How did you prepare in the last 2 months before GATE?
Don't learn new things in last two months. Try to study 2 to 3 different subjects each day. Solve at least 1 paper in each week. Prepare all syllabus; do not skip any subject or topic. It is possible to prepare all subjects thoroughly but 'do something from everything' so that you can solve at least easy questions from each topic.

14. What suggestion preparation tips would you like to give to GATE aspirants?
Basic requirement for GATE exam is that your concepts should be clear. Try to understand as many concepts as possible thoroughly; but this is not enough for getting very high rankings. To increase speeds, try to solve many different types of problems & many question papers (within time). Try to make optimum use of calculator.

15. Which institute specialization are you planning to take up?
I have planned for taking admission in IISc Bangalore in Mechanical Engineering.
13th February 2011, 12:20 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Do a lot of practice of sample papers , keep revising the last four semester courses.
8th March 2011, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

give some standard books for cs for gate exam which gives basics and application fundamental
-amit
8th March 2011, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

minimum mark to get scholarship
22nd March 2011, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

minimum mark to get scholarship
27th March 2011, 01:10 AM
amlendu
Senior Member++

Hi,
you have not mentioned your stream so i am unable to attach question papers for previous GATE examination. but i will suggest you to go to the question paper section of this forum. i think you will get question papers from there.

Trick and Tips for GATE examination-

do careful study on the syllabus of GATE. remember in GATE examination question comes only basic part of the subject. if you have good knowledge in the subject then easily you can solve the question.

in GATE examination there is 15 marks aptitude questions from previous year. these are comparable easy than the technical portion. so try to get maximum marks out of 15 marks from this portion. prepare for aptitude from any good book. if you can secure more than 10 marks from aptitude portion then it will be very much easy to clear the cut off GATE.

then give attention to the mathematics part. this part also comparable easy then technical part. try to get maximum marks from this portion also.

try to cover maximum of the GATE syllabus. so that you can answer more question.

try to answer linked question. because if you are able to solve the two linked question then easily you will get 8marks. so try to study that chapter more carefully from which linked question may come.

at last do not be tensed before appearing examination. if you study 3 to 4 months carefully for GATE then easily you can crack the GATE examination.

Thank
28th March 2011, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

i am want to clear the gate 2012 exam what i do. last time i joined the coaching but i failed in exam what i do
please give me ans.
i am a 3rd year student
29th March 2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
i am want to clear the gate 2012 exam what i do. last time i joined the coaching but i failed in exam what i do
please give me ans.
i am a 3rd year student

Hello..
When i gave my GATE this year i could find that the question paper is not tough. the questions were all familiar to me inspite of the fact that i didn't prepared well for the exam.

I think what you need to do is start studying from today itself without wasting much of your time. As you have alreadygiven the exam once, you must be knowing the question paper format. Prepare accordingly.

I would suggest you to solve atleast 3 mock test papers every week and you can increase the number as you proceed.Try working out with timing too. Solving ques is important but solving in lesser time is more important.
Stick with the basic concepts. Need not to go into very depth of the topic, that simply wastes time. The questions asked are simple but tricky. most of them do not even require long calculations.

Prepare well
All the best
29th March 2011, 03:25 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hiiiiiii,

Tips and tricks for clearing GATE examination are as follows: -

1. Join any coaching class.
2. Arrange study material from any coaching institute.
3. Purchase a competitive exam book from market & start practice.
4. Arrange last year papers.
5. Practice more & more questions.
6. Prepare according to the syllabus.
7. Work Hard
8. Take guidence from the faculty.

Best Of Luck
6th April 2011, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

Im pursuing 3rd btech in mech branch, our clg is an ordinary clg im not havng complete sub knowledge so, how 2 prepare 4 gate exam.
24th April 2011, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

Use oF GATE Exam
26th May 2011, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

how many papers we have to appear to clear gate? how many marks it contain?
9th June 2011, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

RE:i want answer in previous year gate exam question papers,please reply me,TF department
20th June 2011, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

i want to know what is the most effective way to cover syllabus?
whenever i start i get a feeling to start everything in afresh way,i give lot of stress on concept refinement,derivations and assumptions,definetely the quality improves,but in this way a very short syllabus gets sketched,till i get exhausted
when i tried the another way to proceed quickly by simply memorising the formulae ,i don't gain confidence in solving the questions,as later chapters r based on previos chapter foundation,and i don't develop interest and cannot appreciate what i do
please help me out!
5th July 2011, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

plzzzzzzzzzzzzz send me previous 10nyears question papers with answers of CS.. for gate........ and plz tell how to prepare for it effectively..
5th July 2011, 10:37 PM
chauhan99

hi dear,
there are three tricks to clear gate-1.LABOUR HARD 2.LABOUR HARD 3. LABOUR HARD. without hard labour you cant think to suceed.

thanks
9th July 2011, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

sir i am preparing for gate 2012 exam...how to score good marks in gate?and what are the books i have to prepare?
13th July 2011, 01:30 AM
sohambanerjee

Smile Re: Tips and tricks for clearing GATE? How to score good in GATE Exam?

Quote:
Hi buddies,
I have got GATE 2010, i think cracking GATE is easy if u study for about 3-4 hours a day for 6 months, practice as many questions as possible, concentrate on the subjects which have more weightage and also ask seniors at which parts we can score maximum marks(i know about CS), write as many mocks as possible and rectify your doubts and also while writing GATE my suggestion is to go for 2 mark questions first and answer those questions for which you know exact answer(exact means you should get answer which is upto two decimals correct minimum ), leave the questions which you dont know then go for 1 mark questions after that you see the questions which you can get answers on trying, remember one thing NO ONE CAN ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS IN GATE (even the topper cant). All the best. Give your best.

Thank you so much bro.... its really encouraging !!!
27th July 2011, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

please tell good books to prepare for the aptitude & verbal ability questions for the gate examination
10th August 2011, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

i completed btech with 65% in ece branch ,advise me the best ,what to do now in between mtech or msc in foreign or mba
10th August 2011, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

i completed btech with 65% in branch of ece ,advice me the best answer,what to do in between MTECH ,MSC in foreign or MBA
12th August 2011, 11:31 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

Cool Re: Tips and tricks for clearing GATE? How to score good in GATE Exam?

For clearing Gate you have to pay heed on gate syllabus and previous year papers. For preparation you can read these books:-
you can use following reference books for preparation.
Subject Author

CA A.k.chakraborty

Digital Electronics Morris mano

Analog Electronics Milliman halkiyas

LIC ramakant gayakwad

control I.j nagrath

Microprocessor Ramesh gaonkar

Signal system Hamid nawab.
30th August 2011, 03:01 AM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
If you want to know about tricks to solve questions then there is no short cuts.GATE is a very tough paper as compare to other entrance exam so you cant survive if you dont have the knowledge.The gate exam is for logics.If you really want to crack gate exam then only one thing can help youIts your hard work only.Do hard work regularly.Give regular 5-6 hours for gate preparation.If you dont have the idea haw to prepare than you can do your preperation from an intitute.GATE wants hard work so it depend on you.books for refrence are r.s.agarwal,gate-2012 are present in market.

So all the best for gate exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?