1st December 2010, 11:01 PM
pinku shr

From which university should I persue MSc Biotechnology?

Sir,
I have completed my graduation (B.Sc.in biology) in 2007. I have obtained 54.5% marks in it Now i m doing B.Ed. n i want to do M.Sc. in biotechnology, but i m inaffix that i have a 2 year gap between graduation and now b.ed. SO Please suggest me from which university i should persue M.Sc. Biotechnology and will my percentile create problem by seeking admission.
Waiting for your reply. Sir, plz reply ASAP my email ID is [email protected] / [email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. How to do MSc Biotechnology from Abroad?
  2. What is the procedure followed for getting admission for MSc agriculture biotechnology in abroad? -- [New]
  3. Which is the best branch of biotechnology? I am pursuing BSc in Zoology with Biotechnology
  4. Which is better Msc biotechnology from sardar patel university, anand, gujrat or Msc Microbiology from Pune university?
  5. How to pursue B.Ed degree in Parallel via correspondence after doing MSc Biotechnology?
  6. How to do M.Phil Biotechnology as part time in Prist University? I have completed MSc Biotechnology from Madras University
  7. What are the jobs in Biotechnology after completing MSc Biotechnology -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Which are the institutes offering the course in Biotechnology after 12th?
  9. Which one has a better scope between MSC microbiology/MSC biochemistry/MSC biotechnology?
  10. In which university can I do Ph.D Biotechnology after scoring 1160 in GRE and 71% in MSc Microbial Biotechnology?
  11. Will I get Job in Mumbai if I pursue my B.Sc and M.Sc from Mumbai University?
  12. How to do Ph.D in US after doing integrated MSc in Biotechnology
  13. How may I get admission in M.Sc (Biotechnology) through Bangalore university? What's the counselling procedure and fee structure for the same? I've done B.Sc(Biotechnology) from dayanandasagar institutions bangalore affliated to Bangalore university
  14. What is the procedure followed for getting admission for M.Sc Biotechnology?
  15. What can I do between MSc Biotechnology and MBA after completing BSc with Biotechnology
  16. Ph.D from any university after post graduation in M.Sc biotechnology? What subject should be best in Ph.D after M.Sc in Biotechnology?
  17. In which MSc course should I take admission? Which is better between MSc Environmental Study and MSc Biotechnology?
  18. Is M.Sc mandatory after B.Sc to do Ph.D in Biotechnology?
2nd December 2010, 01:22 AM
saranarayanan

Default Re: From which university should I persue MSc Biotechnology?

as far as bio-technology is concerned...sastra university in thanjavur is best in india.....because government itself acccredited it as no.1 in bio-technology in india based upon facility,infrastructure,and research work....prefer sastra for ur pg in bio-technolgy....
2nd December 2010, 09:50 AM
raja jeganathan

Post Re: From which university should I persue MSc Biotechnology?

the following colleges offering it and best for you

1. School of Life Sciences University of Hyderabad Hyderabad

2. School of Biotechnology JNU New Delhi

3. Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology Trivandrum Kerala

4. Institute of Chemical Technology Mumbai Maharashtra

5. University School of Biotechnology Guru Gobind Singh Indraprasta University New Delhi

6. Animal Biotechnology Research centre National Dairy Research Institute Karnal, Haryana

7. Department of Molecular Biology & Genetic Engineering, GB Panth University of Agriculture and Technology Pantnagar, Uttarakhand

8. Department of Biotechnology University of Kashmir Srinagar, J&K

9. School of Biotechnology Banaras Hindu University Varanasi, UP

10. Department of Microbiology and Biotechnology MS University of Baroda Vadodara, Gujarat
2nd December 2010, 10:30 AM
er.dellikannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinku shr View Post
Sir,
I have completed my graduation (B.Sc.in biology) in 2007. I have obtained 54.5% marks in it Now i m doing B.Ed. n i want to do M.Sc. in biotechnology, but i m inaffix that i have a 2 year gap between graduation and now b.ed. SO Please suggest me from which university i should persue M.Sc. Biotechnology and will my percentile create problem by seeking admission.
Waiting for your reply. Sir, plz reply ASAP my email ID is [email protected] / [email protected]
BIOTECHNOLOGY COLLEGES IN SOUTHERN REGION
University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad 500134 M.Sc. B.Sc. (See details in foregoing section)
Jawaharlal Nehru Tech University, Masab Tank Mahaveer Marg, Hyderabad 500028, A.P. M.Tech. B.Tech. (Chemical Engg/ Food Tech/ Bio. Chem Engg.) or M.Sc.Chemistry, Biotech, Microbio, Genetics.
University of Mysore, Mysroe 570005 M.Sc. B.Sc. with 50-60% marks.
Cochin University of Science and Technology, P.o. Kochi 682022 M.Sc. B.Sc. with 50%. See common details for admission through JNU entrance test.
Mahatma Gandhi Univ., Kottayam Kerala 6896560 M.Sc. B.Sc.
University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram 695034 M.Sc. B.Sc.
University of Calicut, Malappuram Distt., Kozhikode 673635 M.Sc.

B.Sc. with Biotech
B.Sc.

XII PCB
University of Chennai, Centenary Buildings, Chepauk, Chennai 600005 Tamil Nadu M.Sc. B.Sc. Life Sc. (Bio, Chemistry, Bot., Zoo, Microbio., Home Sc., Applied Microbio., Env. Biology.) Maths, Physicsm, Chemistry, Agriculture/ B.E., MBBS, B-Pharma.
Madurat - Kamraj University, Palkalai Nagar, Madhurai 625021 M.Sc. B.Sc. Chemistry/ Botany/ Biology/Agri/ Vet. Sc./Zoology/ Engg. / Tech. or MBBS with 55% marks.
Bharathiyar University, Muruthamalai Road, Coimbatore 641046, Tamil Nadu M.Sc. B.Sc.
Tamil Nadu GD Naidu Agricultural University, Coimbatore 641003 TN M.Sc. Bachelor's degree with relevant subjects 70% marks
Anna University, Centre for Biotechnology Guindy, Chennai 600025 B.Tech. Industrail Biotech. M.Tech H.Sc. with PCM/Dip of State Board of Tech. Education B.Tech (All India Entrance test is conducted by JNU in April)
2nd December 2010, 10:54 AM
iitaieee

dear pinku ,
your percentage is cause of concern but don 't mine except all the the institute offering Bsc. like Central University, Hyderabad you can take admission in University of Mysore, Mysore .that only take its eligibility to 52 to 61 % . so try there this is the perfect match for you
2nd December 2010, 11:08 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinku shr View Post
Sir,
Acharya Institute of Sciences, Ambala College of Engineering and Applied Research, Amity Institute of Biotechnology, Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Bharat Institute of Engineering & Technology, CMR College of Engineering & Technology, University of Mumbai, University of Pune, Dr. B. Lal Institute of Biotechnology, East West Group Of Institutions. These are only few of the institutes in India which offer MSc Biotechnology courses.
2nd December 2010, 12:00 PM
ramakant sharma

Smile Re: From which university should I persue MSc Biotechnology?

hi friend yes offcource you can go for msc (bi) though percent matters but there are manyy good universities in which you can complete
jadavpur university and bengal university of science
karnatka university
osmania university
etc are some good university in which entrance matters so go for specific entrance examination you can complete your msc

all the best
2nd December 2010, 06:45 PM
raja jeganathan

. School of Life Sciences University of Hyderabad Hyderabad

5. University School of Biotechnology Guru Gobind Singh Indraprasta University New Delhi

6. Animal Biotechnology Research centre National Dairy Research Institute Karnal, Haryana

7. Department of Molecular Biology & Genetic Engineering, GB Panth University of Agriculture and Technology Pantnagar, Uttarakhand

10. Department of Microbiology and Biotechnology MS University of Baroda Vadodara, Gujarat
those are the best colleges for you ,,all the best
3rd December 2010, 03:17 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Hey it depends upon your interest.Try to persue the course in a college which is AICTE approved,NBA approved.

If your interested in studying the course anywhere in India then these are the following Universities which offer you better studies.

Guwahati University, Guwahati -781014

Central University, Hyderabad

Rajendra Prasad Agricultural University, PO Pusa, Samastipur

MS University of Baroda, Vadodara

Haryana Agriculture Universityr, Hissar

Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra - 136119

University of Mysore, Mysore - 575005

Banglore University, Jnana Bharathi, Bangalore - 560056

University of Calicut, Mallapuram District, Kozhikode - 673635

Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Powai, Mumbai

Pondicherry University

Punjab University, Chandigarh

Punjabi University, Patiala

University of Madras, Centenary Buildings, Chepauk,Triplicane, Chennai - 600005

Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi

Jiwaji University, Gwalior

Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi

Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh

Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut - 250005

University of Roorkee, Roorkee.

Having 54% your eligible for M.sc in bio technology.

all the best
16th December 2010, 08:31 PM
jitendradagrt

these are top 1o colleges for msc biotechnology:-
-department of biotechnology
-IIT,delhi
-jamia hamdard
-ram lal anand college
-gargi college
-daulat ram college
-deshbandhu college
-university of delhi
-guru gobing singh indraprastha university
30th December 2010, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

SIR,
I AM DOING MY B.SC SECOND YEAR FROM M.J.P.ROHILKHAND UNIVERSITY, BAREILLY AND DECIDED TO PERSUE MY M.SC BIOTECHNOLOGY FROM BANASTHALI VIDYAPEETH UNIVERSITY ,JAIPUR. I SCORED 72 % MARKS IN MY FIRST YEAR SO, I JUST WANT TO CONFIRM THAT MY DECISION IS RIGHT , IS BANASTHALI IS GOOD FOR BIOTECH . OR NOT.
21st January 2011, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

sir i m persuing bsc IIIyr from biotechnology and want to do msc chemistry from a reputated college,please suggest me about the names of college and if entrances are there for msc in biotechnology and chemistry please name them.(my avg% upto IIyr is 63%)
thanking you
26th January 2011, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my bsc biotech in 2009 with 49.87% now i looking to do msc but i want to know whether i can get addmission easily or not ,moreover i also want to know whether this gap will also cause a problem at time of searching a job . Also after msc if i apply for scientific goverment jobs related to biotech in goverment sectors then also this gap matters or not.Currently i am doing Pharma marketing . my email id [email protected]
30th June 2011, 11:07 AM
sandeeptyagi100
Member+

the following colleges offering it and best for you

1. School of Life Sciences University of Hyderabad Hyderabad

30th June 2011, 05:23 PM
MonuRai

Dear,

There are many universities , some of them are as follows:-

Central University, Hyderabad
Rajendra Prasad Agricultural University, PO Pusa, Samastipur
MS University of Baroda, Vadodara
Haryana Agriculture Universityr, Hissar
Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra - 136119
University of Mysore, Mysore - 575005
Banglore University, Jnana Bharathi, Bangalore - 560056
University of Calicut, Mallapuram District, Kozhikode - 673635
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Powai, Mumbai
Pondicherry University
Punjab University, Chandigarh
Punjabi University, Patiala.

Thanks.
13th January 2012, 03:57 PM
edward1989

your percentage is cause of concern but don 't mine except all the the institute offering Bsc. like Central University, Hyderabad you can take admission in University of Mysore, Mysore .that only take its eligibility to 52 to 61 % . so try there this is the perfect match for you
2nd January 2014, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

I've completed my B pharm with 64%, am I eligible to do Msc in chemistry from mysore university?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?