15th October 2018, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

Upper age limit to become a Lecturer for a candidate through UGC-NET?

Dear friends, I am preparing for UGC-NET. I want to secure the post of Lecturer. So, I want to know about the upper age limit for becoming a Lecturer through this UGC-NET. Please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you!

21st October 2018, 06:18 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Upper age limit to become a Lecturer for a candidate through UGC-NET?

NET refers to National Eligibility Test and it is held by NTA ( National Testing Agency ) on the behalf of UGC, for recruitment of assistant professor ( i.e; lecturer ) as well as for offering JRFs (Junior Research Fellowships ) across various universities of India.

Further, for appearing in NET, the minimum education required is a master's degree in the subject to be opted as the subject for appearing in the NET/SET with at least 55% marks ( or equivalent grade ) from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for SC/ST and PH category candidates.

Also, for appearing in the same examination, there is no maximum age limit for recruitment as a lecturer. But, in case of JRFs, the maximum age limit is 28 years. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates.

For detailed information regarding the NET, you can refer to the link www.nta.ac.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?