17th April 2011, 10:12 PM

Is there any age limit to join as a lecturer in government colleges to candidates who have qualified in UGC NET Lecturership?

To write Lecturership under UGC-NET, no Age limit. Likewise, Is there any age limit for joining as Lecturer in Govt. Colleges to the candidates having qualified in UGC-NET Lecturership?

P.V.S. RAO
YANAM

21st August 2011, 05:32 PM
BEST CAREER
Member+

Default Re: Is there any age limit to join as a lecturer in government colleges to candidates who have qualified in UGC NET Lecturership?

There is no age limit for a person to take UGC NET exam forthe lectureship program .

The UGC NET holders are appointed as lecturers in any govt universities /institutes

The government appointed commission takes necessary steps for the requirements of the govt lecturers.

The minimum age criteria for candidiates to apply as a lecturer in any govt college can be 35-39 yrs

The maximum age limit for applying can be 50 yrs

One can work as a lecturer up to the age of 60 yrs

The age criteria may vary from state to state

best of luck
with regards
best career
1st June 2012, 09:32 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is there any age limit to join as a lecturer in government colleges to candidates who have qualified in UGC NET Lecturership?

what is the age limit for a female candidate who has passed SET EXAKM conducted by Maharashtra to apply for lectureship in any affilated or private college
30th January 2013, 09:21 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

No there is no such age limit. Once you have qualified the National Eligibility Test, you can apply for the lectureship in government college. Your age will not be an issue in finding the job.

As you know that there is no age limit for candidates who want to apply for lectureship. This criteria is not only to appear for the National Eligibility Test but also if when you decide to apply for the lectureship.

Therefore I will advice you to clear the National Eligibility Test and forget about the age limit. Once you have cleared the National Eligibility Test, you will be able to find lectureship job in good central government college.

NET Eligibility

1. You should be of Indian origin.

2. Must be post graduation degree holder.

3. Minimum of 55 percent marks are required.

4. SC/ST need 50 percent marks.

5. Final year students are also eligible.

6. Final year students should be able to submit PG degree in 2 years.

7. NET subject should be relevant to PG course.

8. There is no restrictions on attempts.

Age Limit

1. For JRF, age limit is 28 years.

2. Upto 3 years relaxation for OBC.

3. Maximum of 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

4. There is no age limit for lectureship.
12th May 2015, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

I am 41 .My pg marks 54.125%.I am OBC. This year OBC candidates can sit for net. Now if I qualify net, will I get chance for lectureship. Will my age be a factor?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?