4th September 2013, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

What is the age criteria for in-service candidates for KAS exam in Jammu and Kashmir?

What is the age criteria for in service candidates for KAS exams in jammu and kashmir

Related Questions:
19th July 2014, 02:00 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the age criteria for in-service candidates for KAS exam in Jammu and Kashmir?

K.A.S stands for Kashmir Administration Service and it is conducted by Kashmir Public Service Commission. The eligibility for the candidate is as follow minimum age should be 21 years and maximum should be 35 years. Candidate should be citizen of India and completed graduation from a recognized university. The exam is conducted in three parts of preliminary examination, main examination and personality test. For more details visit the website
http://www.kpsc.kar.nic.in.
Paper-I (General studies )

Preliminary exam consists of Paper I and Paper II comprise of general studies of 150 marks and Paper II comprise of optional subjects of 300 marks. General studies covers History of Modern India and Indian Culture, Geography of India, Constitution of India and Indian Polity, Current National issues and topics of social relevance, India and the World, ) India’s Economic Interaction with the World, Developments in the Field of Science & Technology, IT and space, International Affairs and Institutions, ) Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams. Paper II comprise of optional subjects like Agriculture
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Botany
- Chemistry
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce
- Economics
- Electrical Engineering
- Geography
- Geology
- Indian History
- Law
- Mathematics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Philosophy
- Physics
- Political Science
- Psychology
- Public Administration
- Sociology
- Statistics
- Zoology

Candidates can also choose Literature of one of the following languages:
Arabic, Dogri, English, Hindi, Kashmiri, Persian, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Urdu.
While in Jammu and Kashmir Police Service, candidates should be a permanent resident of the State and minimum should be 21 years and maximum 35 years. Candidates should be graduate from recognised university. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes / Schedule d Tribes / Socially and Educationally Backward Classes age limit is 37 years.
The physical standards are as follow:
I. For Males :
(a) Height: 165 cm
(b) Chest Min. 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm
II. For Females :
(a) Height: 150 cm
(b) Chest Min. 79 cm. Expansion 5 cm
III. For candidates from Leh / Kargil
a. For Males :
(i) Height: 160 cm
(ii) Chest: Min. 79 cm. Expansion 5 cm
b. For Females :
(i) Height: 145 cm
(ii) Chest: Min. 79 cm. Expansion 5 cm
5th November 2017, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the age criteria for in-service candidates for KAS exam in Jammu and Kashmir?

What is maximum age for KAS exam for in service candidates in Jammu and Kashmir?
11th June 2019, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

Upper age limit for in-service candidate with general category
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?