10th July 2012, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

What are the benefits of getting good GATE score? Career Options after completion of M.Tech course?

I am preparing for GATE in E.C.What are the benefits of a good GATE score?After M Tech,what are my Options?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do M.Tech after B.E.? Is GATE compulsory?
  2. What are the career options for M.Tech after scoring 474 in GATE with 96.96 percentile?
  3. PHD in ECE without Gate score card or CSIR UGC NET score? -- [New]
  4. How to take admission in M.Tech after passing GATE CS with 31.33? How can I make use of GATE score?
  5. Does GATE be the only Entrance Exam to join M.Tech? Career Opportunities after doing M.Tech? Will Companies hire on the basis of GATE score?
  6. What are the options available for me for M.Tech after scoring 585 score in GATE?
  7. Best way for preparation for GATE? What should I do? What are the career options available for me after doing M.Tech?
  8. Can I get a good college for M.Tech with a GATE score of 331 and rank 9037?
  9. What are the career options for me after completion of B.Tech course?
  10. Can I get admission in mtech if my GATE score is just above qualifying score? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Which colleges provide good placements after M.Tech? What are other options after BE (ECE)?
  12. Mtech in good colleges without GATE score?
  13. Can the candidates be eligible to join M.Tech course in NITs after completion of MCA course and with a valid GATE score?
  14. Options available for me after getting 30/100 in GATE in ECE branch? Is there any PSU exam providing admission for such a score? Can I get MNIT? Admission procedure of M.Tech course in BITS?
  15. Can I do Mtech in biotechnology with 32 Score in GATE exam?
  16. Where to get admission for MTech in GPS Without gate score?
  17. GATE score for selection in IITs for M.Tech?
  18. Career Opportunities after completion of B.Sc with 48%?
10th July 2012, 12:23 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the benefits of getting good GATE score? Career Options after completion of M.Tech course?

Almost everything depends on your GATE score. Better the score, more will be your chances of getting a good college to pursue M.Tech course. There is no way you can take this exam lightly as you must be knowing that good college also means chance of getting placed in a better company at the end of the final year.

Since you had ECE at graduation level therefore you can do specialization in the following subjects at M.Tech level:

=>Signal Processing

=>Advanced Communication Systems

=>Electronic Instrumentation

=>VLSI System Design

After completing your M.Tech course you can get job in the following sectors: Media and entertainment industry, Power sector, Research and development sector, Hardware manufacturing sector, Telecommunication sector, IT sector and defense sector.

Top Recruiters:

>>BSNL
>>Civil Aviation
>>NPL
>>AIR
>>Posts and Telegraph Department
>>Railway
>>Bharat Electronics Limited
>>DRDO
>>LG Electronics
>>Philips India
>>Hindustan Cables
>>American Power Conversion
>>Hyundai Electronics
10th July 2012, 05:42 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the benefits of getting good GATE score? Career Options after completion of M.Tech course?

There are several advantages of having a good score in the GATE Exam. It is very important to appear in the GATE exam if you aspire to do M.Tech degree in any brach.

A good GATE score ensures that you get admission in good college. If performed well you may even get the chance to study in IITs the most reputed Engineering colleges in India.

Another advantage of good GATE score is that when applying for job in Public Sector Undertaking after the B.Tech course, all candidates are required to appear in a entrance exam. However if you are performed very well in GATE, you may be called for direct interview and would not require to appear in the entrance exam at all.

Several private companies also give preference to good GATE score. They will always prefer the candidate who has performed well in GATE exam. This is the reason why B.Tech graduates despite with no intention of pursuing further studies do appear in the GATE Exam.

To answer second part of your question, I may assume you are talking about job scope after the M.Tech in ECE. Well ECE is the most preferred branch of B.Tech. It is highly recommended because job options after ECE are plenty. This field is mostly untouched by the economic crisis and offer jobs in some of the big companies in the field of IT, Electronics and Telecom companies.

If your preference is government job. you would be glad to know that several Public Sector Undertaking and other government institutes offer good jobs to the Electronics and Communication Engineers. These companies include:

BHEL

BALCO

Indian Railways

ONGC

DRDO

ISRO

IOCL

GAIL

ONGC

Now Telecom sector is also offering various jobs to the Electronics and Communication Engineers. The jobs are not only offered by phone operators but phone makers as well.

BSNL

SAMSUNG

NOKIA

Bharti Airtel

Tata Docomo

Vodafone

MTNL

Reliance Cellular

Another good profession for Electronics and Communication Engineers is IT. Here you will find jobs in software as well hardware companies. Some of the biggest IT companies in the world offer jobs to Electronics and Communication Engineers. You would feel proud to work for companies like:

INFOSYS

MICROSOFT

INTEL

HP

HCL

IBM

WIPRO

YAHOO

GOOGLE
10th July 2012, 06:42 PM
sabav

Dear friend,

Of you have good Gate score, you have the eligibility to obtain M.tech in institute with stipend around 8000/PM.
also you can be recruted by Goverment sector organization as well as MNC like TCS INFOSYS ETC...
Thanks.
10th July 2012, 08:23 PM
KAVITHA DILEEP KUMAR

Hi,
if you have achieved good gate score you will get admission in the best colleges for M.tech.after doing M.tech you have got many opportunities in research field & for jobs.
10th July 2012, 09:24 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

There are many advantages of good GATE score as under-

1. You can get the various job positions in many PSU's like BARC, NPCIL, HAL etc.

2. GATE seats are fixed in every institute.

3. A student is also eligible for a monthly scholarship of Rs. 8000.

4. The examination also tests the takers' perseverance and patience.

5. GATE score will remain valid only upto the next GATE examination.

There are a no: of Career Options after completion of M.Tech course as under-

1. Electronics and Communication engineers have opportunities in Government and private telecommunication companies for installation, operation and maintenance of communication equipments and systems.

2. Defence, space and other large research organisations employ electronics engineers in design and development of complex devices and systems for signal processing and telecommunication.

3. Installation and maintenance of electronic equipments used for health care in hospitals, equipments & systems for instrumentation and control in process industries automation systems of assembly line in production industries, etc are also handled by electronics engineers.
2nd August 2012, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

can I write civil services in the 4 th year of b.tech
6th August 2012, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

is there any job in govt. sector that we can get directly through the score of gate??
22nd September 2012, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

what should be the GATE score to get the best college for M. Tech in Delhi-NCR?????

plzzz give me suggestion.....

if i let go for job instead of persuing M. Tech, How would GATE score help me for that???
23rd September 2012, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

Is qualifying GATE beneficial for an IT student? Which companies recruit IT students on the basis of GATE score?
15th October 2012, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

which colleges should we prefer after getting good score in gate exam?
8th January 2013, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

what are courses come under me mechanical enineering ?
24th January 2013, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of B-tech (ME). I want to preparing for GATE in M.E.What are the benefits of a good GATE score?After M Tech,what are my Options?
13th February 2013, 02:50 AM
Unregistered

what is best option to do if i would have gate 700 rank while i prefer jobs?
13th February 2013, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

how can i search for the best college according to my gate score
and how do i know whether the college provides the stipends or not and most of all i m in 7th sem B.E can i apply for
the m.tech now or i have to wait for the completion of my degree
5th July 2013, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO KNOW WHETHER GATE SCORE HELP IN GETTING JOB IN PUBLIC WELFARE DEPARTMENT FOR CIVIL ENGINEERS?FOR HOW MUCH SCORE IS REQUIRED?
12th July 2013, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

I want to know the maximum marks that IT student should achieve in gate so as to get direct interview call from psu.
21st July 2013, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

what r the benifits of GATE exam & IES exam?....I am civil engg gye & I want to be appear in copetative exam for my better carrier....By which exam I will get more salery
11th August 2013, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO KNOW WHETHER GATE Score Help In Getting JOB IN PUBLIC SECTOR FOR ECE students?FOR HOW MUCH SCORE IS Require??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?