30th August 2019, 05:30 PM
rajasee

What are the benefits of OBC certificate in context to MHCET and JEE exams?

I have OBC certificate but my family's yearly income is greater than 8 Lakhs. So, can I apply against OBC for MH CET & JEE examination in the upcoming session?

14th June 2023, 09:25 AM
eduking

Default Re: What are the benefits of OBC certificate in context to MHCET and JEE exams?

For the OBC category, there is a regulation for creamy layer and noncreamy layer candidates. Students with a family income of 8 lakhs per year will be considered under the creamy layer, which is nothing but a general category. Hence, you will be considered as a general category even after providing them with the OBC certificate.

Students who want to avail of the OBC category benefits must belong to a family whose income is below 8 lakhs per annum. A candidate with a family income of fewer than 8 lakhs per annum will become a non-creamy layer candidate and will be eligible for reservation benefits.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?