11th April 2016, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

What is the best way to prepare for the Algebra topic in Maths?

What is the best way to prepare for the Algebra topic in Maths? Can you please provide me some examples and the inputs which will help me to prepare well? Kindly give me the complete tips which will help me to do better in Algebra?

13th April 2016, 12:13 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the best way to prepare for the Algebra topic in Maths?

# Here below, I am giving you few useful tips in order to perform well in Mathematics subject especially in algebra:

* Daily and regular practice of solving mathematical problems is the key to get mastery. It also helps in better memorization of steps and methods.

* Daily and regular practice of solving mathematical problems also helps in solving mathematical problems during examinations speedily and rapidly.

* One should have all the formulae on the finger tips.

* One should focus on the mathematical problem where one went wrong. One should pay extra efforts on the error by extra practice on that specific/particular mathematical problems until one get it right.

* Always study mathematics when one is physically and mentally active. As it is difficult for tired body and mind to have good concentration level and better memorization.

* Daily, weekly and monthly revision of studied matter/syllabus is helpful in this regard.

* Never hesitate in asking questions to your teachers, parents, seniors or friends whenever you feel any difficulty in solving mathematical problems in this regard.

* If possible, try to solve out more and more sample papers in this regard.
13th April 2016, 09:29 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Tips to Prepare For Algebra
- Understand the entire problem & Think about how to solve it.
- Understand the Multiplication , Division , Addition , Subtraction rules. It will helpful to solve the problem.
- Understand trigonometry formula & its conversion.
- Practice plays very important role to solve the problem.

Examples

(1)
-1(-2x + 5) = -10
2x - 5 = 10

(2)
9/3 - 5 + 3 * 4
3 - 5 + 3 * 4
3 - 5 + 12
Ans. = 10

(3)
2x - 10 = 6
2x = 6 + 10
2x = 16
x = 16/2
Ans. x = 8
13th April 2016, 01:50 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The only way to prepare for any topics of Mathematics is through regular revision of topics.

So, you need to go through questions of exercises and learn the important identities and theorem to solve the algebric paper.
13th April 2016, 04:02 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the best way to prepare for the Algebra topic in Maths? Can you please provide me some examples and the inputs which will help me to prepare well? Kindly give me the complete tips which will help me to do better in Algebra?
Algebra section is the most crucial section in Mathematics.

You must be perfect in Algebra to solve all kind of questions as this section is covered in most of the entrance exams like NDA, CDS, JEE Main, etc.

To be good in Algebra, you must solve numericals as much as you can from textbooks.

If you are studying at school level, then you must refer NCERT Books for solving Algebra questions.

Apart from NCERT, you may refer:
Comprehensive Algebra for IIT-JEE (English) 1st Edition
Publisher: Tata McGraw - Hill Education
Price: Rs. 450
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?