3rd March 2011, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

What computer knowledge is required for Bank PO exam? List of reputed coaching centres for Bank PO exam?

I'm in Bsc 3rd year. But I decided to persue a carrer in bank P.O. Is this problematic while applied and what computer knowledge would required. Please guide me again reputed coaching centre.

3rd March 2011, 10:47 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What computer knowledge is required for Bank PO exam? List of reputed coaching centres for Bank PO exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm in Bsc 3rd year. But I decided to persue a carrer in bank P.O. Is this problematic while applied and what computer knowledge would required. Please guide me again reputed coaching centre.
hello friend...

yes you can apply for bank exam... by satisfying the following qualification...

BANK PO EXAM

Common Qualifications for Bank PO Exam : (differs for different bank)

Aggregate 60% in 10 + 2 class or in a diploma after 10th class. It is important to notice that this diploma course should be of at least 2 years duration. Also, these diplomas need to be regular courses with recognized universities. In addition to it, a person should get more than 55% aggregate in graduation.
For SC/ST and PWD categories, a person should have at least 55% aggregate in 10 + 2 and 50% aggregate in graduation.

If a person has not done graduation and got enrolled in professional courses like CA, CS etc after 10 + 2 then the requirement is passing marks in professional course. The eligibility criteria for 10 + 2 remain same.

To check out different banks eligibility follow the link given below...

http://bank-po.com/

COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE FOR BANK PO EXAM :

You have to know very basic knowledge of computer for bank exam... if you are doing B.Sc computer science then you dont have to worry about computer in bank PO exam at all.. if you dont know anything about computer then just study the basics like what is input output device, CPU etc. nothing tough will be asked from computer since they want only people with some basic knowledge of computer so that they can work without any doubt in the bank...

hope the info. helps....All the Best..
4th March 2011, 09:56 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What computer knowledge is required for Bank PO exam? List of reputed coaching centres for Bank PO exam?

for Bank PO examination the basic computer knowledge is sufficient. for bank PO if you want to learn computer then you may learn six months basic courses of compute from any good institution. if you can learn for 1 year then it will be much better.

the basic courses include basic knowledge about computer, microsoft office, excel, access, power point, dos, C language(if Possible) etc.

when you will take admission in any institution always try to learn something because you have to practically work with computer. there are so many student take admission in computer courses only for the certificate. it's not good for career. because with certificate you may prove that you know so many things but when you will do work you will face many problem because actually you don't know so much things. so it's better to learn at the time course. this computer course are not so much difficult. try to take admission in good institution and always keep it mind that you have to learn whatever in your course. surely you will learn.

best wishes.
4th March 2011, 11:34 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: What computer knowledge is required for Bank PO exam? List of reputed coaching centres for Bank PO exam?

Quote:
You are a student from science background and you want to join in Bank P.O job,so i think it will be better if you would join in a tally course otherwise you can go for F.A or C.A.
In case of cochin,it is not effective you can join any private institute like NIIT or Brainware or Others institute to get a certificate also...
4th March 2011, 03:24 PM
nikhil148

Default Re: What computer knowledge is required for Bank PO exam? List of reputed coaching centres for Bank PO exam?

well the computer knowledge which the banks are asking for these days is all juss the basics, nothin much.. if u hav knowledge of the fundamentals ,
tht will do ..

now coming to institutions, ther are hell lot of institutions in bangalore.. i would advice you to try callin up the juss dial service and check up with the one u fine vth .
4th March 2011, 04:40 PM
ANKITA BIHANI

learn basics of computer and internet ,MS office and any accounting software,say tally.all the best
4th March 2011, 10:11 PM
zandulal

for Bank Po examination basic computer knowledge is require. U can choose....
1. Aptech
2. NIIT
or any good institute which provides Diploma.
5th March 2011, 06:26 PM
Arsalaan

some PO exams include section on compiter knowledge

but it has much lower weightage, it would be sensible to take a six months diploma

to cover computer syllabus.

Banks do provide training in computers as well before you join so no need to go much deep.

You should take coaching in your locality .. you can opt for

TIME/CL

follow
R.S. aggarwala
Arun sharma... solve L1 and some of L2
15th March 2011, 11:05 AM

hi friend............
for Bank PO examination the basic computer knowledge is sufficient.basic knowldge like c,advance c,little bit data structure,microsoft office, excel, access, power point, dos, is enough for bank po.
popular coaching center for bank po.........
time
ims
niit
ezytech
confidence factory
aptech................
best of luck..................
15th March 2011, 10:57 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

The questions of computer knowledge that are supposed to ask in the Bank PO exams are very basic questions or regarding fundamentals.

If you have access to net and if you are able to perform several basic operations in the PC and if you know how to use several options in MS-Office, and if you are in touch with basic internet knowledge and basic short cut keys, that will be more than enough.

Any way i would suggest you to prepare a book which is full of all these fundamentals.

And at the same time prepare abbreviations of devices that are in PC and that are in connection with PC terminology
15th March 2011, 11:00 PM
noddy11

Thumbs up Re: What computer knowledge is required for Bank PO exam? List of reputed coaching centres for Bank PO exam?

hello friend,

COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE FOR BANK PO EXAM :

You have to know very basic knowledge of computer for bank exam... if you are doing B.Sc computer science then you dont have to worry about computer in bank PO exam at all.. if you dont know anything about computer then just study the basics like what is input output device, CPU etc. nothing tough will be asked from computer since they want only people with some basic knowledge of computer so that they can work without any doubt in the bank...

good luck
15th March 2011, 11:14 PM
Aman Sapra

Computer Knowledge required for Bank Po exams include the knowledge about MS office,Shortcuts used in windows etc.

It includes only the basic knowledge about the computers.
16th March 2011, 08:06 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Dear friend ,

For Bank PO exam you must learn basics of computer like-
1.MS office
2.Tally
3.Internet
4.DOS
5.C and C++
6.JAVA
7.Microsoft office
etc.

The best Coaching centers would be-

1.NIIT
2.APTECH
3.Brainware Institute

Best wishes!!!!!!!
21st March 2011, 09:41 PM
prachi2504

hello i am having tally 9 degree from tally academy,,is it enough or i should also possess degree of basic course,,if yes,,please suggest me some institute in lucknow,,also some which are recognised or government sponsored.
22nd March 2011, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

i have completed three months couse of computer with certificate and post graduate with 65% can i apply for p.o exam
22nd March 2011, 11:38 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: What computer knowledge is required for Bank PO exam? List of reputed coaching centres for Bank PO exam?

Quote:
i have completed three months couse of computer with certificate and post graduate with 65% can i apply for p.o exam
Yes, you can apply for Bank PO exam. It is really good that you have finished the computer course which increases your value when attending interview for bank PO.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR BANK PO :

-> The candidate must be citizen of India to be eligible for this post.

-> The minimum age of the candidate applying must not be less than 21 years.

-> The maximum age of the candidate applying must not be greater than 30 years.

-> Post graduation degree from a recognized University

-> The candidate must possess Computer knowledge covering M S Word, M S Office, Excel, Access, etc.
27th March 2011, 12:43 AM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
According to me -
for Bank PO examination the basic computer knowledge is sufficient. for bank PO if you want to learn computer then you may learn six months basic courses of compute from any good institution. if you can learn for 1 year then it will be much better.

the basic courses include basic knowledge about computer, microsoft office, excel, access, power point, dos, C language(if Possible) etc.

when you will take admission in any institution always try to learn something because you have to practically work with computer. there are so many student take admission in computer courses only for the certificate. it's not good for career. because with certificate you may prove that you know so many things but when you will do work you will face many problem because actually you don't know so much things. so it's better to learn at the time course. this computer course are not so much difficult. try to take admission in good institution and always keep it mind that you have to learn whatever in your course. surely you will learn.
Thanks.
All thebest
6th August 2011, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

Is 3 months Doeacc certified computer course CCCA is sufficient for applying public sector banks.
6th August 2011, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

Is 3 months Doeacc certified CCCA COMPUTER COURSE is sufficient for applying public sectors banks?
9th August 2011, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Give me a list of exact topics which are considered in bank po exam.
12th August 2011, 01:00 AM
vivekmalik

plz tell me the book for computer knowledge. which book is best for computer knowledge?
9th January 2012, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

i want to know about reputed comuter institute?can i do computer course in oxford institute.
24th February 2012, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

i am a b.a. graduate..plz tell me what certificate should i get as per the criteria of computer literacy requires
12th August 2012, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I am a student of bsc 2nd year but i decided to make a career in banking. and i wants to give a exam of bank PO. but unfortunately in my 12th sci i just get 50% can i appear for examination?? plz sir give me a reply as soon as possible
13th August 2012, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

what is use of mca degree for bank clerk job?
30th March 2014, 08:44 AM
Unregistered

hello m shweta m student of 12th class...I want a job of p.o after my 12th cn I do..
as well I knw everything about computers as I m isc board student
8th September 2014, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

I am complete my B.A. with political sc. Hons .. can i apply for bank po exam .. which computer course is beat for bank p.o. exam ...
21st July 2015, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am studying in fybcom and will b pursuing mba after graduation but along with bcom I m thinking to do o level from uptech
21st July 2015, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am student of fybcom is it necessary to do olevel or ccc for bank job or any other computer courses necessary pls let me know n will it b helpful if I do mba in hr after graduation will it b useful in bank job
Kakuli
9th February 2016, 09:03 AM
Unregistered

I am Btech in Electronics and communication do i require any computer certification for clerk post
29th June 2016, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

If I complete 12th and want a job in bank then what kind of and months of computer certificate is required pls tell me
22nd August 2016, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have a certificate of CCC with D grade and graduation complete can I apply for bank
15th March 2017, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am neha completed my computer course Dca an institute burnpur digital touch which is under government registered but not an government institute. Is its certificate are required for bank clerk and po exam.
4th March 2018, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

Does Electronics & Communication Engineers are required to get RS-CIT certificate for IA assistance job in Rajasthan.?
10th March 2018, 01:14 PM
randhirk.rk

YES, You are eligible to apply for the Probationary Officers Exams.
IBPS conducts the PO exams on behalf of 20 banks

Eligibility:
Graduation pass in any stream.
No minimum marks is required at Graduation level.

Maximum- 30 years
Age relaxation for 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

Exams is held in three stages:
Prelims
Mains
Interview

Next Prelims exams would be held in october 2018 and forms would come out in August 2018.
20th January 2020, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

I know basic knowledge of computer because I have studied b.com(computers). Sir, could you please tell me whether any computer certificate is required or not for any bank job.
14th July 2020, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

Sir, Can i fill my RSCIT certificate in computer knowledge as asked in bank exams??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?