30th October 2015, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

What are the courses I need to study after 12th to become a scientist in NASA?

What are the courses I need to study after 12th to become a scientist in NASA? Can you please guide me with the complete steps which I need to follow up for the same? Please help me in this as my passion is to become a scientist and win laurels to our country!

31st October 2015, 12:33 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the courses I need to study after 12th to become a scientist in NASA?

After passing 12th grade with physics , chemistry and mathematics subjects with good marks from any well recognized board of education you simply have to pass JEE or any other reputed engineering entrance exam for admission in Space Science courses.

Basic Education Requirements for All NASA AST Positions :

You have to passed a bachelor's degree with major study in an appropriate field of engineering, physical science, life science or from any well recognized college or university.

General Listing of Appropriate Academic Fields of Study for Aerospace Technology Positions:

** Aeronautical Engineering

** Mechanical engineering

** Geophysics

** Aeronautics

** Industrial Engineering
1st November 2015, 12:46 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the courses I need to study after 12th to become a scientist in NASA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What are the courses I need to study after 12th to become a scientist in NASA? Can you please guide me with the complete steps which I need to follow up for the same? Please help me in this as my passion is to become a scientist and win laurels to our country!
To become a scientist in NASA, firstly you will have to be recruited in your own Space Research Centre established in India.

On the basis of your professional skills and knowledge, you can get job in NASA too in future.

To get job in Research centres in India like BARC, you will have to choose PCM stream in 10+2.

Then, apply for JEE Main Exam and after qualifying it, you can get admission in Aeronautical Engineering colleges like:
  • IISc Bangalore
  • Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.
  • Indian Institute of Technology Mumbai
  • Bangalore Institute of Aeronautical Engineering and Information Technology, Bangalore
  • Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, Dehradun
  • Indian Institute of Technology Chennai
  • Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
  • Indian Institute of Aeronautics, Patna
  • Hindustan Institute of Engineering Technology, Chennai
  • Guru Gram Institute of Aeronautical Engineering & Technology
  • Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
  • Bihar Institute of Technology, Sindri, Ranchi.
  • Mohammad Sathak Engineering College, Kilakarai.
  • Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee

After getting admission in any of these college, you could be placed in Space Research Centres as Junior Scientist.

Afterwards, on the basis of your skills you will get promotion in your post.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?