31st October 2015, 12:21 AM
amrit73527

Am I eligible give CAT or other MBA related exams like GMAT while doing B.Sc course?

I m doing B.Sc from NALANDA OPEN UNIVERSITY,PATNA. Can i give CAT or other MBA's related exam like GMAT? Can you please provide me the complete details of this? What would be the eligibility criteria followed for each of these exams?

31st October 2015, 08:06 AM
sanju0770

Default Re: Am I eligible give CAT or other MBA related exams like GMAT while doing B.Sc course?

Hi, You are eligible for both cat as well as GMAT the eligibility criteria is as follows:-

1. You must have a bachelor degree
2. For CAT you must have at least 50 percent marks in your graduation.
3. There is no specific eligibility criteria for GMAT.
GMAT scores are widely used by many top universities of the world.
4. There is no age restrictions
5. There is no category reservation.

You said that you are doing B.sc so you are eligible for MBA.

Top colleges are :-
1. IIMs
2. XLRI
3. MDI
4. ISB
5. FMS

Thank you
31st October 2015, 01:30 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible give CAT or other MBA related exams like GMAT while doing B.Sc course?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the CAT and other examination for the admission in the MBA courses.

The required eligibility to appear for the examination is candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university and have at least 50% aggregate to appear for the CAT examination.

So you need to start or carry forward the preparation to qualify in the examination as it requires smart and hard work to qualify in the examination.
31st October 2015, 02:12 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, B.Sc candidates are eligible to pursue the Master of Business Administration course.

To purse the course from the IIM you have to qualify in the CAT examination conducted every year. The eligibility to appear for the examination is candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university with at least 50% aggregate.

The eligibility to pursue from all the other university is almost same.
31st October 2015, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am rajdeep
I am a pcm student of class 12.
Please inform me about all the competitive exams for the year 2015 and also about the private colleges entrance exams,their dates,procedure of filling forms and also ,when the forms will be out.
Also I want to let you know that I am interested in English literature so kindly keep me informed about those exams as well and also the procedure to get in to any famous government or private colleges.
Please keep updating me on this.
31st October 2015, 02:46 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

MBA stands for the Master of Business Administration. The eligibility criteria for the MBA course is candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for the different exams.

The minimum percentage of marks for the CAT is 50% in graduation. Nalanda Open University is recognized university. So, you are eligible for the entrance exams that is held for MBA course like:

1. Common Admission Test.

2. Management Aptitude test.

3. Xavier's Aptitude test.

4. GMAT etc.
31st October 2015, 05:13 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrit73527 View Post
I m doing B.Sc from NALANDA OPEN UNIVERSITY,PATNA. Can i give CAT or other MBA's related exam like GMAT? Can you please provide me the complete details of this? What would be the eligibility criteria followed for each of these exams?
Yes, you are eligible for CAT exam.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. CAT examination is conducted by IIM's every year for admission in IIM and top level MBA colleges.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 50% marks are eligible for CAT exam. For SC/ST candidates the percentage is 45 % in graduation. There is no age limitation for the candidates. Final year student are also eligible for CAT exam.

Pattern for CAT exam:-

1.Data Interpretation.
2.Quantitative Aptitude.
3.Logical Reasoning.
4.Verbal Ability.

For more details about CAT exam, you can visit to the official website http://www.catiim.in
31st October 2015, 07:00 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Here is the eligibility criteria to join MBA course.

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream with a minimum of 50% of marks.

Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for the candidates of SC or ST category.

There is no upper age limit to join this course. One can join this course at any age.

The admission will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam. There will be national level and state level Entrance Exams for the candidates to get admission for this course.

Popular national level Entrance Exams are
CAT
GMAT
MAT
XAT etc.

Some of the national wide Entrance Exams are
ICET
TANCET etc.

As per this eligibility criteria, if you have scored 50% in your B.Sc course, you are eligible to apply for the Entrance Exams like CAT and MAT as you requested.

There is a great scope and job opportunities for the candidates after completion of MBA course. People who work on core side or technical side are more in numbers. But proper Managers to manage them are lacking in the industry.

As a Manager, your career will be excellent if you possess the following skills
-Communication skills
-Soft skills
-Ability to manage people
-Ability to resolve disputes
-Excellent Presentation skills

Along with these, subject knowledge would be very much essential.

Better to get admission for MBA course in B-Schools. The academic curriculum of B-Schools and IIM's will best serve the needs of the industry.

Some of the popular specializations in MBA course are
MBA in Finance
MBA in Marketing Management
MBA in Human Resource Management
MBA in Systems Management
MBA in Information Technology
MBA in Operations Management etc.

Have good preparation for the Entrance Exam and crack it.
31st October 2015, 08:30 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrit73527 View Post
Yes you are eligible to sit for CAT and other such MBA entrance examinations.

CAT Eligibility Criteria:-
  • To sit for the CAT Exam you must hold a Bachelor's degree with minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA.
  • In case of SC/ST/DA categories the percentage to acquire is 45%.
  • The Bachelor's degree must be of duration of at least 3 years post completion of HSC (10 + 2) or equivalent.
  • There is no age criteria to satisfy.
Exam Pattern:- Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, Problem Solving and Data Interpretation.

P.S.- There is negative marking, which means 1/4th marks will be deducted from the original score for every wrong answer you give. Duration of the exam is 2.5 hours.

Official Website: http://www.catiim.in
31st October 2015, 11:47 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

Yes.You are eligible to apply

Eligibility
- You must have a bachelor degree
- For CAT you must have at least 50 percent marks in your graduation.
- There is no specific eligibility criteria for GMAT.
GMAT scores are widely used by many top universities of the world.
- There is no age restrictions
- There is no category reservation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?