19th March 2010, 10:28 PM
vijayareddy

What is the difference between COMEDK and Karnataka CET?

I am non local to karnataka state. what is the difference between COMDEK and karnataka cet?? I have to write both the entrance exams to get admission or either one ?? please let me know the information as early as possible, so that i can apply for entrance tests.

2nd June 2011, 10:09 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the difference between COMEDK and Karnataka CET?

Hi friend,

Non-domicile of Karnataka state candidate are not eligible to write CET exam but you can write only COMEDK exam which is held every year by the Karnataka Private Medical & Dental Colleges Association under the name of Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK).
So this is the main difference between CET and COMEDK examination of Domicile of Karnataka state.
For more information: http://www.comedk.org/

And get the exact difference @ http://cetinformation.com/
2nd June 2011, 11:43 PM
baljinder aujla

Difference between CET and COMED UGET:

1. Karnataka CET to be held on April 19, 2008 will be conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority. This will be conducted for filling up seats under Government Quota in Government / Government Aided and selected private professional Colleges.

2. UGET to be held on May 4, 2008 will be conducted by COMEDK for filling up seats under private quota purely in private colleges who are members of COMEDK.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/
(CET - Common Entrance Test) After 2nd year PUC everyone write CET or COMEDK exams to get Medical or Engineering seats, Whats is difference between CET & COMEDK
3rd June 2011, 12:15 AM
ry8d88

Ya Both the exams are for entrance in Engg. colleges. The colleges come under both exams are different. COMEDK colleg fee much higher then of CET. You should fill both for better opp. in COMEDK 85% reservation for Karnataka Students.
3rd June 2011, 07:42 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

HI
yes, there is a difference between both of these.

Karnataka CET to be held on generally April month will be conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority. This will be conducted for filling up seats under Government Quota in Government / Government Aided and selected private professional Colleges.

BUT

UGET to be held on generally May month will be conducted by COMEDK for filling up seats under private quota purely in private colleges who are members of COMEDK.
3rd June 2011, 01:32 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental colleges of Karnataka- COMEDK is conducted by a Private Medical & Dental Colleges Association of Karnataka.
One has to take the test to get admission in any of the member colleges of this association. Candidates from any state of India is eligible to take the test provided they fulfill all other requirements.
For complete information, refer to the official website of COMEDK
The Karnataka Common Entrance Test is conducted by the state government and candidates from Karnataka are only eligible for the test.
For complete information, refer to the official website of cetkarnataka
4th June 2011, 12:06 PM
coolnabeel

hii, kcet is thhe common entrance test conucted, by the govt. of karnataka to till the seats in Medical and Engineering stream, depending upon rank you will get seats in respective discipline, this time govt. fees is 35000 and higher is 1.25 lakhs.
COMEDk is also conducted by govt. of karanataka to fill seats of Medical and Engineering,, this is also a entrance test here also ranks are alloted for the management quota, fees strucutre depends upon the colleges itself, colleges will sell there management seats to high fees.
4th June 2011, 02:54 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: What is the difference between COMEDK and Karnataka CET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayareddy View Post
I am non local to karnataka state. what is the difference between COMDEK and karnataka cet?? I have to write both the entrance exams to get admission or either one ?? please let me know the information as early as possible, so that i can apply for entrance tests.
Vs

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COMDEK ( Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka ) and KARNATAKA CET ( Common Entrance Test )

The main difference between COMDEK and KCET is that COMDEK is for all the candidates in India to apply for medical course in Karnataka while KCET is only for Karnataka candidates alone..

POINTS TO NOTE :

-> Theres is no need to write both the examination.

-> You can write KCET for medical entrance.. if you are not a karnataka candidate then go for COMDEK..

-> To know more about KCET entrance exam visit http://cetinformation.com/cet11.html

-> To know more about COMDEK entrance exam visit http://www.comedk.org/pget/about_comedk.aspx
26th June 2011, 08:50 AM
Unregistered

i'm from chennai, and hav written comedk uget-2011 ,will i be comin under govt. quota or private quota??
24th July 2011, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

hi sir, im from bangalore i have finished 12th in NIOS(NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF OPEN SCHOOLING) but it is eligible to apply common entrance exam.. plz tel me and it is eligible to do engineering ....
30th November 2011, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

My son has done his 10 std outside karnataka and studied 2 in karnataka. he is trying for MBBS seat in karnataka, please guide me by informing me which are the entrance exams he should get through, in order to get the perference college of his choice.
1st March 2012, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in Karnataka for 4 years and currently in II PUC Karnataka. As per eligibility conditions, I am not eligible for govt seat through CET (the eligibility says 7 yrs study in karnataka is a must). However, I am planning to write CET and COMEDK. CET score may help me in getting seat in govt aided / pvt colleges and COMED K score will help me in getting seat in PRivate colleges. I wanted to know if COMED K is purely meant for other state students or students like me can also take this ?
3rd March 2012, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

comedx exam centre in mumbai ?
27th March 2012, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

i am studying abroad and my age is 15.am i eligible to appear for CET or COMDK examination?
29th January 2013, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

What rank should In comedk exam to get admission for engineering in karntaka
16th June 2013, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

i have got 297 rank in comedk. will i get a good college? what is the approximate fees per year for comedk candidates?
Thank You
24th August 2013, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

HOW MANY MBBS SEATS ARE RESERVED FOR THE CANDIDATES FROM OTHER STATES IN COMEDK
9th September 2013, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

Wat s d donation that colleges ask if v get a seat under cet and what price s it for comedk???
30th November 2013, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

i have studied from 3rd-10th in karnataka (CBSE) & studied my 11th,12th in tamilnadu, am i eligible to write both CET & COMEDK?
16th December 2013, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

i am non local karnataka student,which is best either KCET or COMEDK?
7th April 2014, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

Is comedk book and Karnataka cet book is same for medical entrance exam
If we study Karnataka cet book is similar to comed k exam
11th January 2015, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

Is there any weightage in CET examination in case I appear for COMEDK examination also?
24th March 2015, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

The question paper which comes in COMEDK and K CET are same or different?
18th June 2015, 06:40 AM
Unregistered

My son is a us passport holder but we have resided in Bangalore since he was 2 years old. His entire scolding has been done in Bangalore. Is he eligible to write CET?
5th April 2019, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

I'm now studying in 2nd PU and its my 7th year running in Bangalore, i have studied from 6th standard to 9th standard in a CBSE institute and state board after that so am i eligible to write kcet?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?