11th December 2011, 04:02 PM
ganesh sah

What is the difference in between the LLB courses of 3 and 5 years?

sir, what is the difference between 3 year l.l.b and 5 year l.l.b?and which of these are best?can i prepare I.P.S exam from law .if ,yes then what subject is perfect for i.p.s from law subject.

Related Questions:
  1. Difference between LLB and B.A LLB? What are the job opportunities?
  2. Which subject should I do to become an Advocate?
  3. Difference between LLB and Bachelor of Law? Universities/Institutions offering Law courses? Admission months/timings and procedures? LLB done through distance education is not applicable for practice?
  4. What is the difference in between the LLB courses of 3 and 5 years?
  5. Difference between MBA and regular MBA? Which one is beneficial? Difference between LLB and LLM?
  6. Cutoff marks required in CLAT to get admission? I got 46% in intermediate
  7. Is it good to do LLB after pursuing B.A 2nd year with distance education? What is the difference between LLB after 12th and B.A?
  8. How can I do Masters in law after doing BSc in computer science?
  9. Courses which can be done along with 3 years LLB course?
  10. Difference between CC MBA and Regular MBA? Which one is beneficial? Difference between LLM and LLB?
  11. How to give CLAT exam while doing B.Com
  12. Is there any need of doing B.A program for Law after doing 12th with 65%
  13. Can I study Law after my UG BSc electronics?
  14. What are the courses and jobs available after completing B.A LLB course? Is B.A LLB a better option than B.Com course? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Can I do LLB in 2015 from Yashwantrao Chavan Nasik being 29 years old?
  16. Which one is a good choice for me between joining 5 years LLB course directly and doing 3 year LLB course after completion o B.Com course?
  17. Where are the LLB courses being offered for 3 years?
  18. Is it necessary to do 5 year Law course? Can we do it in short period of time?
18th May 2012, 09:28 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference in between the LLB courses of 3 and 5 years?

3-year LLB course is offered to candidates who have completed graduation in any stream. 5 year LLB is an integrated course. Pass in 12th is the basic qualification required to pursue the course. Selection to both these courses is through entrance exams. So based on your qualification you can select the appropriate course.
22nd January 2013, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

i am a 12th science student and would like to become a criminal lawyer so what is the right path ,, right course to be selected ...and for how many years i have to study
22nd January 2013, 02:11 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Three years LLB is the course which can be taken after completing graduation. While the 5 years long LLB which is known as integrated LLB is taken after completing 12th standard. This is the basic different between the two course.

Both holds same value when seeking job. The integrated LLB course also include subjects of a graduation course like BA, B.Com etc. Therefore by directly pursing integrated LLB after 12th, you can save one year.

In LLB 3 years, you are first required to complete a graduation course, which is generally 3 to 4 years. This is followed by another 3 years of LLB course. You can complete both such things by directly applying for integrated LLB and that too in 5 years.

This course was introduced because some people complained regarding having to complete two graduations.

Integrated LLB Eligibility

1. You should have completed 12th standard.

2. At least 50 percent marks in 12th.

3. For SC/ST, 45 percent marks are required.

4. Maximum age limit to apply is 20 years.

5. There is 2 years relaxation for SC/ST.

LLB Eligibility

1. Must have graduation degree in any stream.

2. At least 45 percent marks.

3. In case of SC/ST, 40 percent marks are required.

4. The maximum age limit is 30 years.

5. Upto 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

You can apply for Indian Police Service after completing any of these two courses. Integrated LLB is also considered as graduation course. Same is the case for LLB. However if you have already completed graduation then there is no need to pursue LLB if want to apply for Indian Police Service.
15th March 2015, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

Hi...I completed my B TECH in ELECTRONICS and COMMUNICATION stream in the year 2012.Now I want to write lawcet.Is it useful to me or not.give me a good suggestion.
28th August 2017, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

I was apply for 3 year llb course ,now the cut off mark is released but my application no is not supported what is problem
31st August 2017, 08:50 PM
Junior Member+

LLB 3year course is done after graduation whearas 5 year LLB is done after 12th. f you are certain that you want to make a career in law, then the 5-year LLB programme is the best option for you. This course will not only save one year of education as compared to 3-year LLB programmes but will also offer the same educational merit.
However, if you want to gain experience in a different field of education or if you are not sure about pursuing law, you can pursue a 3-year graduation course such as BA, BBA, B.Sc., B.Com, etc. and then apply for the 3-year LLB programme.
25th February 2020, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Can a graduated student pursue 5year llb course?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?