18th December 2010, 08:50 PM
taniya chauhan

What to do after B.Tech computer science : M.Tech or MBA? Which would be beneficial to do from India or Foreign country?

i am doing B.Tech in computer science ,3rd yr.i am confused that whether i should do mtech or mba and from where it would be beneficial to do i.e. from india or from a foreign country.

19th December 2010, 01:46 AM
nishant1110

Default Re: What to do after B.Tech computer science : M.Tech or MBA? Which would be beneficial to do from India or Foreign country?

Any will work well if you keep your knowledge and aptitude at the top level. That is what companies look for, not that you have MTech or MBA (Although some differences exist). Also, I suggest you do it from abroad because professional exposure is better there, so you get practical knowledge plus, loads of experience.

Regards
nishant1110
19th December 2010, 05:32 AM
vinchel

Default Re: What to do after B.Tech computer science : M.Tech or MBA? Which would be beneficial to do from India or Foreign country?

The best idea would be to get into a job, work for around 1-2 years and then take an advanced degree like MBA. A MBA for a engineering student is great for career options...
Don't go for M.Tech unless your score in B.Tech is really low or unless you want to get into a core technical areas..
19th December 2010, 07:36 AM
ndpiparava

Hi dear, I am Nitin.both stream are best for future carrer but if you ask queation than i like to suggest you if more interstead in computer field than M.Tech is best for and if you are intersted in management and business than you have to go in MBA side...

And don't be crazy for abroad because india is best for master degree if you will get admission in good colleges than completed your master degree in india.after that you like to go in abroad than get good rank in copetative exam and choose best college because now days there lot's of college which is very bogus..best luck
19th December 2010, 09:13 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

M.tech and MBA is totally different. M.tech is master degree in technology and MBA is study on management subject.

now if you like technical subject then i think M.Tech is better for you. because in M.Tech your technical knowledge will be very much helpful. also job opportunity and scope is very good after M.Tech.

but if you go for MBA then you have to study management paper. you have to do management job also. your technical knowledge will be less required in this field. but the salary will be more than the M.tech candidate. but salary is not the important things for career.

i think you should choose own in which field you will go. if you like technical subject then do not go for MBA. but if you do not like technology and you have interest on MBA then go for MBA.

you study in india or in foreign it is not important. MBA study from foreign may help you a lot.

best wishes.
19th December 2010, 06:51 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

hi,

The first thing is that you van get world class M Tech or MBA in India. No need to go abroad.
Now the decision to go for M tech or MBA is in your hands. If you are more interested in the technical field and want to excel further in your filed then go for M Tech from good institutes like IITs through GATE exam.
If you are more interested in the managerial work then you must go for MBA in IT and Systems management course from good institutes through exams like CAT, SNAP,FMS, XAT.
19th December 2010, 09:47 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

see, if you are interested to do work with your field then you must do mtech.

specially if you want to do research oriented jobs, then MTech is compulsary.

but if you are not interested to work in your engineering field, then it is essential to do MBA.

but one things you shoud remember, for getting promotion in software company, MBA is essentially required.

all the best........
19th December 2010, 10:18 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

Both MBA & MTech offers bright career prospects with handsome pay package & opportunity for career growth & advancement. You can choose either of the two depending up on your interest & your potential to excel in a particular field.

If you are interested in research & development & wants to work in engineering domain only then you should do MTech.

But if you are interested in management field & want to work in wide & varied field then you should opt for MBA for higher studies.
20th December 2010, 11:46 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

Both Mtech and MBA are having very good future prospects. I would suggest you to choose the course of your own choice, where you have interest and where your strengths are being fully utilized.

My personal suggestion is go for MBA. These people are having more demand in the market. Why because these people are good at both technical skills and managing skills too.

In mba, i will suggest
1.finance and marketing
2.hr and marketing are the good specilizations.

At the same time try to do some modules of ncfm.

Doing mba for the sake of certificate does not fetch you anything,
Be good at communication skills,
soft skills
corporate knowledge and market trends

All the best
22nd December 2010, 05:37 PM
mdtareque

Hello,

MBA is more beneficial but good if done after taking a job-experience of 2-3 years.
M.Tech is also better is done from IIT's or IISC. You can also opt for MS through GRE.
3rd January 2011, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

i am studying in last year of computer science engineering & i dont want 2 go to mba or mtech will u plz suggest me short term courses courses in pune having large opportunities for career & better salary
3rd January 2011, 11:02 PM
Sneha1247

Thumbs up Re: What to do after B.Tech computer science : M.Tech or MBA? Which would be beneficial to do from India or Foreign country?

Hi!!!!
M. tech is technical degree and MBA is management degree.
So first you decide what you really want from your carrior as you want to go in technical field or want to go for management field depend upon your interest area.

As you have done B.tech my suggestion is that you just chose m.tech cause you almost have a technical degree and after that in m.tech you can better perform than other b.tech guys.
For M.tech there is no need to do from abroad but if you choose MBA better to do it in Information system or Information technology than definetely it would be better to do it from abroad cause there are lot of good colleges who provides experience while doing MBA and also you will get better future by doing so.

with best wishes!!!!
18th June 2011, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

which are the courses of mba suitable after BE in computer engg ???
21st June 2011, 03:46 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
after completion of your B.tech if you wants to continue your higher study in technical field then M.tech is the better option..
and if you wants to go in business line then MBA will be the better..
now choice is yours.. after completion of both the master degree you will get a good job with a good package...
so, decide in which field you want to go.. my suggestion will be to go for M.Tech..
after completion of your M.tech you can also go for research..
all the best..
4th July 2011, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

What to do after B.tech computer science M.tech or MBA? i want to go foreign after master degree so which degree helps me to go foreign?
4th July 2011, 09:57 PM
digvijaygarg

Hi User
It all depends on your interest
If you want to excel in your field go for M.Tech..
If you want Managerial Job go for MBA...Even MBA-IT Networking is there which will help you get managerial job in your field only
Good Luck
7th July 2011, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

Mba can give even 1crore per annum like salary after passing from IIMs, which Mtech can't.IF u love money then go to MBA that's all
13th July 2011, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

sir,My self SURBJEET SINGH..i m take a admission in btech branch Computer science..i asking that after complete my 4 years in btech.than.... what can i do..mtech or any other field....
4th August 2011, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

sir i student of btech frm uptu....i hv gt 85% in 10th nd 80% in 12th bt i hv gt a back in computer organisation....nw im in 3rd yr with 63% aggreate ............sir which will better mtech or mba??????
nd what are the other field in which i can go after doing the mba or mtech coaching?????????????/
5th August 2011, 12:47 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: What to do after B.Tech computer science : M.Tech or MBA? Which would be beneficial to do from India or Foreign country?

That totally depends on your interest. If your interested in carrying your future in programming or software field you can continue M.tech or if your interested in carrying your future in management side you can do MBA. Any thing it may be doing it in abroad will be better than doing it in india. That will give you a bright future in foreign countries.
16th August 2011, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by taniya chauhan View Post
i am doing B.Tech in computer science ,3rd yr.i am confused that whether i should do mtech or mba and from where it would be beneficial to do i.e. from india or from a foreign country.
Any one interested in Full-time or Distance MBA or BE, Eligibility criteria minimum 45% , Contact at +91 9673359461 (IBS, ICFAI) Placement 100% Guaranteed...
16th August 2011, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

Any one interested in Full-time or Distance MBA or BE, Eligibility criteria minimum 45% , Contact at 91 9673359461 (IBS, ICFAI) Placement 100% Guaranteed...
16th October 2011, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am studying in last year of computer science engineering & i dont want 2 go to mba or mtech will u plz suggest me short term courses courses in pune having large opportunities for career & better salary
u can do any post gtaduate degree in either comp or management
25th March 2012, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

Hey!! i am a 4th year student of B.Tech. (computer science).. and have been placed in TCS.Could anyone please help me out with the question,that after completing my 'two years bond' of working with TCS,should i go for M.S via GRE or MBA??..Is it possible to get through their entrance examinations while working in TCS??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?