21st November 2010, 12:14 AM
ghoshsiddharth18

What to do after B.Tech : MBA, MTech, IES or IAS?

I am a Computer Science student and I want to know What should I prefer after completing for B.Tech.

Should I go for MBA or M.Tech or IES or IAS.

Help me Please.....

24th November 2010, 12:24 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What to do after B.Tech : MBA, MTech, IES or IAS?

Its an evergreen question as its been asked many times on the forum as well as on the other sites.

Well to start with I think its a personal choice of a student to choose the one which is best for him/her. I am saying this because all these branches are tail apart from each other and all are different.

MBA,M.Tech,IES or IAS all these 4 career courses have great scope ahead

MBA : MBA is all about business and you know that. MBA required good communication skills with a creative mind

M.Tech : You shoudl choose M.Tech only when you have the zeal of doing more in computer science. If the interest is still hidden beneath you then surely go for it

IES : Its a very lucrative job and gives great job opportunities in government organizations with great pay and perks.

IAS : Similar to IES but different in nature. Its a career course which will help you to live your dream of helping the country to become a superpower. If you have the zeal within you to do something for your country then surely opt this one

I have laid all the details which I think will help you to choose the right one for you

All the best
24th November 2010, 12:44 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

The question you have asked as to whether to do MBA or M.Tech or IES or IAS after Btech can be answered by you only. You are considering too many options at the same time. It seems you are much confused.

First of all you should decide whether you want to go for higher studies or you want to do a job. Then you should decide if you are interested in higher studies whether to do MBA or Mtech. Similarly if you are interested in doing job you should decide whether you want an IAS job post or IES job post.

If you have a liking for research & development in your relevant field you should opt for Mtech.

If you want to pursue your career in management then you should opt for MBA.
24th November 2010, 02:45 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: What to do after B.Tech : MBA, MTech, IES or IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoshsiddharth18 View Post
I am a Computer Science student and I want to know What should I prefer after completing for B.Tech.

Help me Please.....

1.If you aspire to join IAS then you need full coaching and determination.
2.if you aspire to join MBA its good ,
3.if you want to study and research then go for M tech
4.if you aspire to write IES exam its your wish.

but from my side doing MBA is nice because if i would be in your place i would try to join MBA and after joining in reputed college, placements are sure.

and minimum of 50k per month for sure.
24th November 2010, 03:53 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:

Help me Please.....
All are good you can choose anyone among these and choose that one in which you are most interested. In brief:

MBA: Master of Business administration a field which enhaces your manegierial skills great if you do it from top colleges like IIMs. ISB, GMT, Symbiosis.

MTech: Master of Technology core technical field great if you do from IITs, NITs, IISB, BITS, and other top level colleges.

IES:Indian Engineering services top level job in govt sector good salary , secure future and lots of benifits.

IAS: Indian Administrative Services after this person is knowns as Collector and I think you very well know about the salary and powers of a collector.
24th November 2010, 05:34 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Hey,

It depends upon your interest and your aim that you choose the course.All the courses are good enough.

If your interested in business and the stock market and such then choose for MBA,but persue the course in a B.school as the certificate will be valuable.

Opt for M.tech if you need specialization in a course.If you want to gain more of subject then its good that you go for M.tech.

IES and IAS are somewhat similar because both are held by the UPSC,since your from computer stream refer books from 1st year to get selected in this great course.

if your good in general knowledge,current affairs,history,geography then opt for IAS,you can write the CSAT after completing either of the graduation courses mentioned above.

all the best
24th November 2010, 06:37 AM
avinash0094

MBA is good for future because it is a management courses and after completing this you can get a good job. the demand of MBA holder is more in the company. thanking you..
24th November 2010, 07:12 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Well this is question is common for all graduate and obvious but one should go in the field of his interest..as all these require great interest and hard work..

MBA;---If you are interested in Business concept and management etc then this is good.

M.TECH:---If you are more good in basics and have great zeal for study high and bend towards research..then this is best.

for IAS:---This is one of the best jobs and good career.You can do preparation for this with your study too..

and IES is related to Engineering..so this is the actual job of an engineer in government sector so this is also a good option.

as all are best in their field so need to find the area of your interest...
24th November 2010, 07:57 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

I think your choice would be M.tech and i believe that it is the best and suited choice...
best of luck...
24th November 2010, 08:02 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

I think your choice would be M.tech and i believe that it is the best and suited choice...
best of luck for your future...
24th November 2010, 02:50 PM
crazyite

I am pursuing my B.Tech final year in IT. Further i want to go for M.Tech but i want to continue it with correspondence because i also want to do job. Is it a better choice? Will it affect the value of my M.Tech ?
24th November 2010, 03:51 PM
mishra245

I think you should prepare for Gate entrance exam for M.tech.

IES and IAS should be the long term options which should not waste your career path. So go to work and prepare for the civil services exam
24th November 2010, 05:04 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Hello

All the fields for which you are talking about are the evergreen fields.

The things that in which field you have more interest. Only opt that field only in which you show your best. Since are from computer field so its good to do MTech . If you do so you have a deep knowledge regarding the software field and there is more opportunity for you in some good software companies.

But note one thing that you should do your further studies from some good institute which is the key to place in some good company. So select only that field in which you have interest.

All the fields have great scope in India.

GOOD LUCK
24th November 2010, 05:13 PM
neethubobby

hey friend
well this is one common question and where people normally take the wrong decision.
first you need to identify your area of interest.
remember-if you want to do anything first you need to have or develop interest for that,else its seriously of no use
so first try identifying what you want to do and why you want to do that,then thats it.
all the courses are good provided you really want to do it.
so chew on this
all the best
24th November 2010, 08:16 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Hi friends

If you want to do higher studies means go to ME so that you can do Phd, But not in MBA
If you Interested in Business mind Go through MBA
If u interested to do any thing for India then go for IAS , it is the life time Aim , for most of them
Best of luck
24th November 2010, 08:18 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

it is a question of the interest of the particular student. after B.tech you should choose anyone from these. these all have very nice scope and opportunity.

now you have to understand the options.

MBA: MBA is management in business administration. this a subject on business. you have deal with business at the time of your work. your technical knowledge will be less required in this field. but as you have technical knowledge it will help you a lot to go far. the salary is very high after passing out MBA and also the expense of study also very high.

M.Tech: M.Tech is master degree in technology. as you are computer science student so you may do master degree in any computer subject. at the time of study your technical knowledge of your graduation will be very much helpful to you. the salary after passing out M.Tech is not so much bad. also you may try to be professor after your M.Tech.

IES & IAS: these two are almost similar. but the nature of work is different. you will be a government officer after IES or ISA. you will get a very good respect from the people and also it is a honorable job. the salary is also high. but to get chance in IES or IAS is not so much easy. you should have a very good general knowledge and also subject knowledge to become a IES or IAS officer.

now you have to decide in which field you have more interest. if you have interest in technology then M.Tech is best for you. if you are interested in business the go for MBA. but try for IES and IAS. if you get chance then you may go for it. but work is totally different then the other two.

best wishes.
24th November 2010, 08:49 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Well friend,

All the courses B.Tech ,MBA,IES or IAS have its own importance and in all these you have very good future opportunities.

I suggest you to choose the course of your interest and where there is more scope for you to earn maximum out of your skills and capabilities.

If you still confuse about choosing, I would suggest you to go for MBA. Because b.tech and then mba nowdays is in full demand.

BUt for you to succeed in MBA, You should be good at all soft skills, and full of corporate knowledge what is going on in and around the country and economy with continuous updation.

And it is very easy to get admissions unlike all other remaining courses that you are mentioned.

If you are good at your software knowledge, Prepare well for GATE and get on good marks and join in good college.

For IES and IAS The admission would be a bit difficult. But once you complete you can reep all the benefits from government in various ways.

All the best
6th January 2011, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

Hello Friends,

What is the work an IES officer are going to perform like in Railways, Water servies, Power services. ?
Will they be considered as equivalent to an IAS officer in facilities ?
Will Govt provide them a yellow light vehicle to an IES officer as they are giving to an IAS officer ?
Will IES is equally powerful job as IAS ?
10th January 2011, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

Hai this is uday, I am a MBA graduate. Is there any possible to do M.Tech with MBA qualification? If it is not possible, why?
Even MCA students are eligible to M.Tech but MBA students are not eligible, why?
14th January 2011, 11:00 PM
mukul0094
Banned

This is the best question about the career after b.tech. Many student confuse that what i do after b.tech.
MBA- it is the buisness management course. in this field you will do study about the buisness.
M.Tech- it is the technology stream. In this field you will do study about the technical field.
IES or IAS - It is the government officer job. It is the very hard competition. after passing this competition you can join for this job.
According to me you can join any one in which you have more interest.
all the best.
8th February 2011, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

hello freinds...!
im doing b-tech in foodtechnology and am almost to finish... Plz suggest me what should i do m-tech foodtechnology or mba, whose scope would benifet me more,and what are job oppurtunities of doing mba after btech foodtech.
8th February 2011, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Hi ,
I am BE(comp sci) having 1 year in mainframe technology and currently working in a CMMI-5 Company.
However I am not interested in technical stuffs.
I want to pursue my higher studies?
I am in a dilemma whether to go for IAS,CAT(MBA),MS(Abroad)?
Kindly help me out?
13th February 2011, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

hi,
i m b.tech student and my stream is electrical . I am very much confuse about taking the decesion that what to do after b.tech as my field of interest is mba or ias bt when i think of ias its seems to be tuff please suggest me
15th February 2011, 04:25 PM
aryabhatta

dear

these all are a diversified field so you have to choose wisely

1.MBA: if you have a interest in management and marketing then you can go for this

2: M.Tech : if have a sound knowledge and want to do research then you can do this

3:IAS: if you want to do civil services and serve the nation then you can go for this
17th February 2011, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

sir
does course in embeded technology is good for going into embeded industry
1st April 2011, 01:09 AM
Unregistered

hi sir,
I am azmal.....going to complete my Btech with IT, by the end of APril 2011.
I do have good aggregate in my Btech about 74%...
But, i am totally confused whether to do MBA or M.tech
I am pretty intrested to do a job.... and my PG in distance education mode.. which will be better.
Do i have opportunities after doing MBA in distance mode. if so, what will be they?
Reply my question asap...............!
27th April 2011, 05:45 AM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

It depends upon your interest .All the courses are good enough.
If your interested is in business and the stock market and such then choose for MBA,but peruse the course in a B.school as the certificate will be valuable.Opt for M.tech if you need specialization in a course.If you want to gain more of subject then its good that you go for M.tech.IES and IAS are similar because both are held by the UPSC,if you are good in general knowledge,current affairs,history,geography then opt for IAS,
30th April 2011, 02:56 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Smile Re: What to do after B.Tech : MBA, MTech, IES or IAS?

I think you should go for MBA because it is good and well course and after that you will get good salary.....
21st June 2011, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

hey i have done m.sc genomic science from central university of kerala. i'm interested in pursuing my career as an ias. would this be suitable for me??
30th June 2011, 05:27 PM
swastik08

hi dear,
I dont know your age thats why I give you accurate info, if you fullfill that criteria then you are eligible for this.
Age eligibility
You need to be between 21 years to 30 years on the 1st August of the year of examination. For example, for IES-2010, you should be born not earlier than 2nd August,1989.
Age relaxations exist as per Govt. rules.

Academic Eligibility
You must be a graduate in Engineering from a recognized university.
If want more info on IES then click on this site which I have given below.
www.upsc.gov.in

thanks
16th July 2011, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

how can we serve nation by becoming an IAS?
19th July 2011, 02:39 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:

Help me Please.....
Hello,
All the above said courses are equally good in their own respective fields.

MBA is a masters degree course of Business administration of two years.This makes a candidate competent enough to meet the ever changing global economic scenario.

M.Tech is also a masters degree course in which a candidate can carry forward the subjects which he studied in B.Tech.

IES examination is conducted by UPSC.One gets recruited directly in a government job.

IAS is considered to be one of the most reputed jobs of India.

All of MBA,M.Tech,IES and IAS offer bright future with handsome salary.

Now coming to you it depends on your personal choice and interest what you want to achieve.It's entirely your decision to make.Chose the one of your desire.

Best Wishes....
27th July 2011, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

Smile Re: What to do after B.Tech : MBA, MTech, IES or IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi ,
I am BE(comp sci) having 1 year in mainframe technology and currently working in a CMMI-5 Company.
However I am not interested in technical stuffs.
I want to pursue my higher studies?
I am in a dilemma whether to go for IAS,CAT(MBA),MS(Abroad)?
Kindly help me out?
hlo frnd
according to me you should go for a ms degree from abroad as it will help you more than any other degree from INDIA. rest is your choice
BEST OF LUCK FOR YOUR FUTURE CAREER
4th August 2011, 10:21 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Help me Please.....
dear friend,

the better option after b-tech is to do m-tech because these two line are similar way.

but if you want to do m-tech then you must be qualify the gate exam.

for mba course you must be get a valid score of mat or cat.

for ias and ips , you must be qualify in upsc exam.

mba ,ias ,ips option are your hand so you can go for m-tech degree.

all the best
11th September 2011, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

Hi i am passout fresher of 2011 in ECE stream...I am currently working in Ericsson...but my biggest aspiration is to work with ISRO as a scientist or to become an IES officer...,But as of know i am finding difficult to prepare for IES parallely with the job...What to do.? I am one of the topper in the university...I want to acheive this feast..,pls give me a suggestion.., :) pls do reply ppl
24th November 2011, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

Hi,
i have completed my B.Tech., M. Tech. from NIT and working in reputed organization since last % Years. Now i wish to complete one more Degree to enhance my profile. please suggest me what course i should take MBA or Phd. if MBA then which stream will be suitable for me.
23rd January 2012, 05:27 PM
drurv

irst of all you should decide whether you want to go for higher studies or you want to do a job. Then you should decide if you are interested in higher studies whether to do MBA or Mtech. Similarly if you are interested in doing job you should decide whether you want an IAS job post or IES job post.

If you have a liking for research & development in your relevant field you should opt for Mtech.

If you want to pursue your career in management then you should opt for MBA.
23rd January 2012, 08:30 PM
mani_baban

Cool Re: What to do after B.Tech : MBA, MTech, IES or IAS?

Its an evergreen question as its been asked many times on the forum as well as on the other sites.

Well to start with I think its a personal choice of a student to choose the one which is best for him/her. I am saying this because all these branches are tail apart from each other and all are different.

MBA,M.Tech,IES or IAS all these 4 career courses have great scope ahead

MBA : MBA is all about business and you know that. MBA required good communication skills with a creative mind

M.Tech : You shoudl choose M.Tech only when you have the zeal of doing more in computer science. If the interest is still hidden beneath you then surely go for it

IES : Its a very lucrative job and gives great job opportunities in government organizations with great pay and perks.

IAS : Similar to IES but different in nature. Its a career course which will help you to live your dream of helping the country to become a superpower. If you have the zeal within you to do something for your country then surely opt this one

I have laid all the details which I think will help you to choose the right one for you

All the best
24th January 2012, 03:45 PM
tl.com

hi dear,
it is a question of the interest of the particular student. after B.tech you should choose anyone from these. these all have very nice scope and opportunity.

now you have to understand the options.

MBA: MBA is management in business administration. this a subject on business. you have deal with business at the time of your work. your technical knowledge will be less required in this field. but as you have technical knowledge it will help you a lot to go far. the salary is very high after passing out MBA and also the expense of study also very high.

M.Tech: M.Tech is master degree in technology. as you are computer science student so you may do master degree in any computer subject. at the time of study your technical knowledge of your graduation will be very much helpful to you. the salary after passing out M.Tech is not so much bad. also you may try to be professor after your M.Tech.

IES & IAS: these two are almost similar. but the nature of work is different. you will be a government officer after IES or ISA. you will get a very good respect from the people and also it is a honorable job. the salary is also high. but to get chance in IES or IAS is not so much easy. you should have a very good general knowledge and also subject knowledge to become a IES or IAS officer.

now you have to decide in which field you have more interest. if you have interest in technology then M.Tech is best for you. if you are interested in business the go for MBA. but try for IES and IAS. if you get chance then you may go for it. but work is totally different then the other two.

best wishes.
thanks
25th January 2012, 10:15 AM
selva786

Thumbs up Re: What to do after B.Tech : MBA, MTech, IES or IAS?

Quote:

Help me Please.....

You can better to do IES and IAS for the future career
28th January 2012, 10:14 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Actually it depends on you .... MBA or M.tech
if you wnt to develop your career in management field you know what has to be done and if you want to grow technically join M tech ,by the way which stream do you belong, its entirely different
29th January 2012, 01:21 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

the scope of M.Sc is tremendous in various field like basically maths,physics , chemistry..... anyone pusuing M.Sc in these disciplines or any other discipline is entitled to get a descent job in both private and public sectors.. you can look forward to become a teacher in a school or professor in a college.
29th January 2012, 02:11 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Yes, B.Tech student can appear in IES exam.
Actually, most of the students appearing for IES are generally B.Tech or B.E. holder.
So, you can apply for IES if you are B.Tech student and remmember B.Tech course syllabus will even help you clear IES.
29th January 2012, 09:34 PM
GUNDA DIVYA

Quote:

Help me Please.....
Hi,

It entirely depends on your interest and skills.

If you have business managing skills then it is better to go for MBA through CAT.

For IAS and IPS there should be a strong determination and have to work hard.

For IAS preparation should be started from the beginning.

Through Gate go with the M.tech after completion of m.tech you can alo go for P.hd.

My opinion is to go with the M.tech.....

All the very best..........
30th January 2012, 07:27 PM
jeevi12

Arrow Re: What to do after B.Tech : MBA, MTech, IES or IAS?

Quote:

Help me Please.....
What do you want to do?

Further studies or competative exam?

If you want to do further studies means go through MBA or M.Tech because both having very much good scope and you will get job accoding to you interest.

If you want to do IAS or IES means it is also a good idea and you start taking good coaching and forget MBA and M.Tech.

After completing MBA or MTech also you can go through IAS or IES but the problem is time limitation.
31st January 2012, 03:07 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Yes,you are eligible for doing MBA as you have completed your graduation.
To get admitted for MBA,you need to appear for certain entrance exam such as CAT,XAT,etc.
Some institutes conduct their own entrance exam.
31st January 2012, 10:39 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

After B.Tech you should go for the M.Tech and you can also apply for the IAS. When you will complete all the procedure of the IAS exam then sure you will complete your master degree. I told you to do the M.Tech because this is related to your background you can also apply for another courses. You should do only that course in which you have more interest.
25th June 2012, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

May i prepare for IES after M.Tech ? is it good or another option besides this.
31st August 2012, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

I am BE 4th year student.I am preparation for GATE & running mtech I have prepare for IAS.So what subjects & way to choose for focus to IAS better
10th August 2013, 10:34 PM
srikanth2207

You want are completing your under graduation in Technical field.So give first preference to M.Tech.If you are not interest towards technical field then go for IAS,IES.Because these both fields are high prestigious fields in the society.Today MBA student also very good future.Give first preference to M.Tech,then IES,IAS,then MBA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?