15th October 2018, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

What is the educational requirement to be eligible for Lecturer in government colleges?

I have completed my B.Tech with 58.6% and M.Tech with 8.3 CGPA. Am I eligible for Polytechnic Lectureship or am I eligible to apply for Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission?

21st October 2018, 05:57 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the educational requirement to be eligible for Lecturer in government colleges?

To be a lecturer ( i.e; assistant professor ) across a recognized university of India, a candidate is required to either qualify NET ( National Eligibility Test ) or SET ( State Eligibility Test ) held by concerned examination conducting body.

Further, for appearing in any of these examinations, the minimum education required is a master's degree in the subject to be opted as the subject for appearing in the NET/SET with at least 55% marks ( or equivalent grade ) from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So, having completed your M.Tech degree with 8.3 CGPA, you are eligible for your recruitment as a lecturer across any Indian university by qualifying NET/SET.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?