11th August 2019, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility to become a Forest Ranger Officer?

Sir, I'm studying B.Sc (Agribusiness Management ) in TNAU (Tamil Nadu Agricultural University). I would like to make my career as Forester. So, tell me about how to crack ranger examination and also tell whether my degree is eligible or not?

29th September 2020, 08:37 PM
nancy93

Default Re: What is the eligibility to become a Forest Ranger Officer?

To become a Forest ranger officer one should keep Botany, Veterinary science, chemistry, Geology, mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Forestry as the main subject in bachelor's degree. Among these you have already started pursuing B.Sc in Agribusiness, So you can definitely start your career as Forester as you have the right eligibility.
To crack ranger examination,
You need to pass general knowledge, general English, mathematics in preliminary examination each of 50 marks.
Those who pass the written test can appear for the physical fitness test i.e.,
Male candidate having height of 163cm,chest having girth of 84cm with +05cm expansion
Female candidates having height of 150cm, chest having girth of 79cm with +05cm expansion
Along with capacity of covering a distance of 25Kms for male and 16kms for female within four hours on foot.
All these can ultimately make you Forest ranger officer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?