20th July 2015, 09:34 AM
saikumarAchanta

What is the eligibility criteria for doing M.Sc Genetics after completion of B.Pharm?

Sir/Mam,

I am interested in studying M.Sc. Genetics after completion of my B.Pharm course.Is there any eligibility for studying the course.If so please give me details regarding the exam,structure of fee,job opportunities after genetics.. Can someone please provide me the answer on the same?

20th July 2015, 01:18 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for doing M.Sc Genetics after completion of B.Pharm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikumarAchanta View Post
Sir/Mam,

I am interested in studying M.Sc. Genetics after completion of my B.Pharm course.Is there any eligibility for studying the course.If so please give me details regarding the exam,structure of fee,job opportunities after genetics.. Can someone please provide me the answer on the same?
No, you are not eligible for M.Sc degree in Genetics because you are from B.Pharma student.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree in Genetics from a recognized university are eligible for M.Sc. in Genetics.

Your age should be above 18 years.
20th July 2015, 05:26 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for doing M.Sc Genetics after completion of B.Pharm?

# Master degree in Genetic Engineering is highly complicated and advanced branch of science which deals with changes of DNA code in living organisms with many techniques.

# It involves the manipulation of genome of living organism for betterment in medicine, agriculture, healthcare. Genetic engineering is basically the introducing of a foreign DNA into an genome of another organism in order to modification in biological and chemical properties which ultimately helps in producing higher quality, treating diseases and economical agricultural yields.

# The scope and career prospects in Genetic Engineering is gaining momentum day by day both in India and abroad.

# In order to be eligible for master degree in Genetic Engineering is that:

* Bachelor degree in Science/Pharmacy/Medicine/Nursing.
* Required percentage marks of 55-60% marks by General category and percentage marks of 45-55% by reserved category depending upon university to university.

# Names of few institutes/universities which offer course/degree in genetic engineering are mentioned below:

* Bidhan Chandra Krishi Vishwa Vidhyalaya, Haringhta, West Bengal
* College of Post Graduate Studies, Shillong, Meghalaya
* Ganga Kaveri Institute of Science and Management, Bangalore, Karnataka
* Indian Agricultural Research Institute, Pusa, New Delhi
* Barkatullah University, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
* C.M.J University, Shillong, Meghalaya
* Bharthiar University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
* Devi Ahilya Vishwavidhyalaya, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
20th July 2015, 09:23 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Let us come directly to the point and start with the eligibility criteria of the course in which you are interested i.e. Msc genetics.

>> You should have completed a bachelors degree from a recognized college of India.
It really doesn't matter which field you are in but generally the student of the same field as in genetics choose the maters degree in this so that their knowledge can be enhanced and they don't face any much difficulty.

>> You should have obtained at least 60% marks in the B.sc.
This is just the criteria for applying and does not guarantee the selection. For the selection, the cutoff of the particular college has to be considered.

Now coming to the scope of the field.
>> You can go in the field of research.

>> You can go in various industries like-
- food industry,
- pharma industry,
- fertilizer industry etc.

The structure of fee is different for different college so that you have to look for each and every college separately.
28th January 2018, 03:35 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my BSC. Will I be giving entrance this year. I Just want to ask that in 12th std it compulsory to take Maths Subject. Reply me... Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?