21st September 2011, 04:53 PM
aashikushwaha

What is the eligibility criteria for general category? I am a 3rd year CSE B.Tech student?

dear sir,
im a 3rd year cse(b.tech) student from gbtu ,sir i want to know what is the actual eligibility criteria for general category as i have mainted 60 % uptil now...and what are the PSU exams for which i can appear.

Related Questions:
  1. List of companies offering Internship for B.Tech(CSE) 3rd year student?
  2. Eligibility to apply for Training in Delhi for CSE 3rd year student? Does all companies charges for Training? -- [New]
  3. Companies offering short project to B.Tech(CSE) 3rd year student in Delhi/Noida?
  4. Companies offering 6 months internship to B.Tech (CSE) students after 3rd year? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. List of top IT companies providing internship for B.Tech 3rd year students?
  6. What are the ways to be followed for doing internship while doing B.Tech 3rd year CSE?
  7. Eligibility criteria and procedure to apply for Internship in BSNL for B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student?
  8. Eligibility criteria for BSNL JTO entrance exam? Can I apply for BSNL JTO entrance exam while in final year CSE department? What is the fees for general student?
  9. Procedure to apply for Internship in TCS, Mumbai for B.Tech(CSE) 3rd year student?
  10. Can I do internship while in 3rd year B.Tech CSE?
  11. Can I get a job after completion of B.E? I am a 3rd year student of CSE
  12. Eligibility to pursue Internship in Nokia Siemens, Bangalore for B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student?
  13. What is the eligibility criteria of CTS for B.Tech CSE branch
  14. Companies offering 6 month internship to B.Tech CSE students of 3rd year?
  15. Is it possible to get admission in CSE after completion of diploma in mining engineering?
  16. Companies offering 1 month Summer Internship to B.E.(CSE) 3rd year student? Procedure to apply?
  17. What is the age limit for deputy collector?
  18. Eligibility criteria, procedure and examination date of various PSU recruitment exams for B.Tech(CSE) 7th semester student?
20th April 2012, 10:39 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for general category? I am a 3rd year CSE B.Tech student?

year B.Tech?

Hello Friend

Indian Civil Services which is the back bone controlling various Departments which run the Central and State Governments administration. The 3 types of Civil Services recruited through Civil Services Examination are
1. Indian Services
2. Central Services
3. State Services

It is one of the most popular exam in India which many young aspirants want to pursue their career to serve for the Nation. It is also considered as one of the toughest exam in India conducted by UPSC ( Union Public Service Commission ) every year.

Nearly 4 lakh young aspirants go for the test for nearly 900 posts. The examination mainly consists of 3 rounds namely
1. Prelims - conducted in month of May
2. Main - held in October / November
3. Interview - held in March / April

Eligibility :

Educational qualification :

You must have completed your Degree from a recognized university or from affiliated colleges or from a deemed university under University Grants commission act 1956.

Dude if you are in 3rd year of your B.Tech course you are not eligible for the Civil Services Examination. So dude in the final year of your study you can apply for CSE exam providing a letter as a proof for the completion of course.

Age Criteria :

You must have minimum of 21 years of age and maximum of 30 years of age for General category.

Upper age relaxation is accepted if you belong to any of the following categories
- SC / ST - 5 years.
- Other BC - 3 years.
- Kashmir domiciled - 5 years.
- Ex-Service men - 5 years.

Nationality :

You must be
- an Indian
- a subject of Nepal
- a subject of Bhutan
- a Tibetan refugee
- Indian migrated to other country.

Number Of Attempts :

- General Category : 4 attempts
- Other BC : 7 attempts
- SC / ST - No restriction.

So dude these are the minimum requirements for CSE , further details regarding CSE you can go through the link www.upscguide.com

REGARDS.
31st July 2013, 01:34 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for general category? I am a 3rd year CSE B.Tech student?

Eligibility criteria varies with job profile. Selection of candidates to PSU is done on the basis of GATE + GD + interview. As you have a minimum of 60% marks in B.Tech, you can apply for PSU like BPCL or HPCL. BHEL, HECL, etc are some other firms where you can apply. Applications can be forwarded through the website of the respective PSU.
31st July 2013, 04:06 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What is the eligibility criteria for general category? I am a 3rd year CSE B.Tech student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashikushwaha View Post
dear sir,
im a 3rd year cse(b.tech) student from gbtu ,sir i want to know what is the actual eligibility criteria for general category as i have mainted 60 % uptil now...and what are the PSU exams for which i can appear.

Eligibility Criteria For Appearing For PSUs

Well..most of the Public Sector Units currently give admission to candidates on the basis of the GATE score like NTPC,BHEL,etc

However there are few other PSUs like DRDO and ISRO which prefer taking their own entrance examination for selection of candidates..

The minimum required qualification to appear in GATE is :-

1) Candidate must have completed at least B.E/B.Tech in any engineering stream from an AICTE or UGC approved University..

2) Candidate can also be a final year engineering student..

3) Those who are in the final year of their M.Sc. course or Dual degree M.Tech or have already completed their degree are also eligible to appear for the exam..

Note :- There is no age limit nor there is any restriction on appearing for the GATE Exam..

Pre-final year or 3rd year engineering candidates are not applicable for appearing for the GATE Examination..

The PSUs which conduct their separate examination generally have the following conditions :-

>> The candidate should have attained at least 60% in his/her B.Tech as aggregate..

>> No backlogs allowed at the time of taking admission if selected..

>> 4th year students are only eligible to apply or those who have completed their degree..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?