7th August 2012, 10:07 PM
hardipbhalodia

What is the eligibility criteria for M.Tech admission? I have passed B.E with pass class

sir,i passed my B.E. with pass class,because of ATKT in final year,but i have an aggrigate of 60% marks in 4 years all semesters.

20th September 2012, 01:33 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for M.Tech admission? I have passed B.E with pass class

GATE exam is conducted for admission to M.Tech by IISc and 7 IIT’s of the country. Engineering degree is the basic qualification required for admission. No specific marks requirements are there to attend the test. But at the time of counseling the academic score of the candidate is also considered. Those above 60% marks are only considered for selection in IIT/NIT’s.
29th June 2013, 09:33 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for M.Tech admission? I have passed B.E with pass class

♦♦ General Eligibility Criteria for Indian students for M.Tech Course :

No restrictions in terms of age have been specified by institute. Hence candidates can apply for this course at a later stage too. They need not pursue it right after the qualifying exam. Also they should not have any criminal cases against then.

♦♦ Academic Eligibility Criteria for M.Tech Course :

Graduates are allowed to apply for this course. They should have completed B.Tech, MCA or MSc in the any of the areas of engineering. Most of the institutes insist at least 60% marks in the qualifying exam to accept the application. Also it is a must that the candidates should be fluent in English language. They should have pursued 12th standard where the medium of instruction should have been English.

♦♦ Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Students for M.Tech Course :

Normally candidates of this profile are nominated by the Government of India. The course pursued by them will be under the scholarship scheme. There will also be candidates who will be self financed. Unlike the other students they need not appear for the GATE or other exams. They need to have appeared for the GRE and TOEFL exams.

> Also they will not need to undergo the interview round. The criteria’s to be fulfilled by them include :

_______• Submitting application fees along with processing fees
_______• Hold a valid passport
_______• Adequate knowledge in the English language
_______• Academic record need to be approved by Commonwealth Universities, IAU or AIU
_______• The academic qualification should be equivalent to that required for the Indian Nationals.

♦♦ Documents to be attached with Application Forms for M.Tech Course :

At the time of applying for the course candidates need to submit the required proof supporting the eligibility criteria. So for the general criteria they need to submit proof of identity, age proof etc. For the academic qualification they must submit copies of their graduation certificate and other academic records. The instructions for the same will be specified in the application forms, prospectus. The foreign students will need to submit the proof of admission qualification, two letters of recommendation, attested copies of TOEFL and GRE score and also copies of their bio-data. They will also need to submit passport size photographs.

> Hope this helps !
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?