14th October 2017, 05:13 PM
Sarchin

What is the eligibility criteria for medical entrance exams in year 2018?

Sir, kindly I would like to state that I have passed my 12th exam with 65% in PCB but I got grace marks in physics, so I wanted to know whether I would be eligible to appear NEET 2018 or not? Kindly help me sir, I am requesting you. And also I am preparing for CEEAH 2018 entrance, please let me know Sir, that whether I would be eligible to give the exam or not?

15th October 2017, 03:55 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for medical entrance exams in year 2018?

NEET ( National Eligibility Entrance Test ) the examination is conducted by CBSE for admission in private and government medical colleges.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have scored minimum 50% in PCB.

So, you are eligible to appear in examination and after qualifying in it will be eligible for admission in MBBS, BDS course on the basis of rank.

You will be not eligible to appear in AIIMS MBBS examination if have not scored minimum 60% in each subject.

For detail information about examination visit at www.cbseneet.nic.in.
15th October 2017, 04:05 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for medical entrance exams in year 2018?

The full form of NEET is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

Eligibility criteria for NEET examination is:

1. You must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2.

2. Minimum percentage of marks required in 10+2 is 50%.

If you have overall percentage of 50% in 10+2 then you are eligible. You have 65% marks, it means, you can apply for NEET 2018.
15th October 2017, 04:11 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2018 after scoring 65% marks in senior secondary board examination. The minimum percentage of marks required in 10+2 to apply for NEET exam for BDS and MBBS course is 50%.

Candidate must attain minimum age of 17 years on 31st December of 2018 if they will be eligible for admission in MBBS or BDS course. The essential subjects in 10+2 for MBBS course is Physics, Chemistry and Biology. NEET exam is of 720 marks, you should score more than 550 marks for admission in top medical colleges of India.
15th October 2017, 04:31 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your Class 12th with PCB group with 65% marks you are certainly eligible for appearing in NEET ( National Entrance cum Eligibility Test ) as for the same examination the minimum educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks ( or 40% in case of reserved category candidates ) from a recognized board.

Apart from NEET which is held for offering admission in MBBS or BDS in any medical college in India except AIIMS you are also eligible for appearing in AIIMS MBBS entrance examination with your educational qualification for which the minimum aggregate is 60% which you have managed.

For more details and updates regarding NEET and AIIMS MBBS entrance examinations you can refer to their respective official links which are www.cbseneet.nic.in and www.aiimsexam.org .
15th October 2017, 04:51 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear in NEET examination. There is no limitation on minimum required aggregate in each subject to appear for examination.

The eligibility to appear in NEET examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th board from recognised board.

Candidate must have scored minimum 50% in PCB with relaxation for reserved category.

The minimum age limit to appear in examination is 17 years.

So, you can appear in examination if you have passed in all the papers. Candidates have to qualify in examination and come under the merit list for admission in government and private colleges.
15th October 2017, 06:05 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The eligibility criteria for MBBS entrance examination is:

Academic qualification:

Minimum qualification is 10+2 passed or appearing from a recognized board. Your subjects in 10+2 should include Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

Minimum of 50% marks in 12th is required.

You are eligible for Medical entrance exam for 2018 after scoring 65% marks in 12th.
15th October 2017, 06:38 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and same is a national level medical entrance examination which is held for offering admission in MBBS/BDS degree course in any medical college across India.

Further the minimum educational qualification required for appearing in NEET are as here under :-

* You must be an Indian Citizen with your age not lying under 17 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are going to appear in the same examination.

* You must have completed your Class 12th with PCB group with at least 50% marks overall. Marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So having completed your Class 12th with PCB group with 65% marks and passing your Physics paper with grace marks you are eligible for appearing in NEET 2018 as marks in individual subject does not matters.

For details regarding NEET you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in .
15th October 2017, 07:10 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NEET is National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test and it is conducted by CBSE every year for admission in government and private medical colleges.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th board examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper with minimum 50%.

So, you can appear in examination but will be eligible to get admission only after qualifying in examination.

For detail information about examination visit at www.cbseneet.nic.in.
15th October 2017, 08:03 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to apply for NEET examination in 2018, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects from a Government recognised board. You should have secured at least 50% (45% for SC/ ST) marks in the qualifying examination to be eligible to apply for NEET examination. The maximum age limit to apply for NEET examination is 25 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
15th October 2017, 08:27 PM
narim.

For your kind information, Aggregate percentage of marks will be taken into consideration for any Entrance Exam and in the same way for NEET Exam also, the process remains same.

Your aggregate percentage of marks in 10+2 is minimum 50%.

But you scored 65% that is more than 50%.

So, forget about grace marks in Physics.

Also verify your age also.

Minimum 17 years are to be completed to join Medicine through NEET.

No upper age limit is there.

If age is also fine, you are eligible.
15th October 2017, 08:42 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for medical entrance exams in year 2018 are given below.

** Candidate must have passed 12th class in science stream from a recognized board.

** The minimum age of candidate must be 17 years.

** The minimum percentage required in 12th for general category candidate is 50% and 45% for reserved category candidate.

** The application form will be provided through online process only.

As per my knowledge, you are eligible to apply for NEET 2018 examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?