14th December 2016, 03:01 PM
samra afzal

What is the eligibility criteria required for pursuing BCA?

Respected Sir, I am a student of Diploma Engineering in Computer Science, and this is my 6th semester. After completing my Diploma I want to pursue BCA so I want to know am I eligible to pursue BCA after completing Diploma in Computer Science? If yes the please tell me the procedure for admission.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the eligibility criteria required for pursuing MSW from JNU?
  2. What is the eligibility criteria required for pursuing B.P.Ed? Which college provide B.P.Ed three years course?
  3. What is the eligibility criteria required for pursuing PhD?
  4. What is the eligibility criteria for placements in IBM and HP?
  5. What is the eligibility criteria required for pursuing BCA?
  6. Is there any entrance exam for joining BCA after 12th? How much marks required in 12th to join BCA? Is it compulsory to take Maths?
  7. What is the eligibility criteria followed for pursuing masters in United States?
  8. Am I eligible to do MCA after finishing BCA? I am pursuing BCA
  9. Which Branch should I choose for pursuing B.Pharmacy course? What is the eligibility criteria required to pursue the course?
  10. What is the eligibility criteria required to pursue PG in Agribusiness Management from ICAR? What is the syllabus of the entrance exam?
  11. Eligibility criteria for pursuing Post Graduation in Food microbiology?
  12. What is Civil Law? What is the eligibility criteria required for pursuing Civil Law?
  13. What is the eligibility criteria required for pursuing M.Tech in Astrophysics? Which college in India offers M.Tech in Astrophysics?
  14. How many exams can we answer after passing 12th standard?
  15. Eligibility criteria to become an IPS Officer?
  16. Eligibility criteria and documents required to apply for BSNL, Nagpur Summer Internship?
  17. What is the eligibility criteria required for pursuing Diploma in Environmental Engineering? Which Colleges in Andhra Pradesh offer this course? -- [New]
  18. Am I eligible for BCA and what is the eligibility criteria? What is the fee structure for government colleges? -- [Most Discussed]
15th December 2016, 04:39 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria required for pursuing BCA?

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and it is three year duration course.

The eligibility to get admission in course or to appear for entrance examination to get admission is candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board for admission in some of the institutions PCM is necessary in 12th.

So, after diploma degree you are not eligible to appear for examination to get admission in BCA.
15th December 2016, 05:02 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications. It is a three-year undergraduate degree course in the field of Information Technology. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board are eligible to get admission for pursuing BCA course.

As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you are pursuing final semester of Diploma course, since, you have not pursued 12th standard, you are not eligible to get admission for pursuing BCA course.
15th December 2016, 05:02 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and as the name suggests it is bachelor degree course of three years which has a bright future in software sector in this digital emerging world.

The minimum educational qualification required for pursuing the same course is a higher secondary school degree with Mathematics as main subject with 50% aggregate from a recognized institute. Further any equivalent degree holder are also eligible for the same course.

So being a diploma in engineering degree holder which is equivalent to the higher secondary school degree with Mathematics you are certainly eligible for pursuing BCA course. Also for admission in the same course you will have to qualify the entrance examination of your desired university as there is no national level or state level entrance examination held for admission in this course.
15th December 2016, 05:58 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application. This is a course divided into six semesters.

The eligibility criteria for this course is 12th passed from any recognized board or its equivalent in any stream with English as compulsory subject.

Diploma in computer science is considered equivalent to 12th. You can pursue BCA course if you have studied English in Diploma in computer science.
15th December 2016, 06:15 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by samra afzal View Post
Respected Sir, I am a student of Diploma Engineering in Computer Science, and this is my 6th semester. After completing my Diploma I want to pursue BCA so I want to know am I eligible to pursue BCA after completing Diploma in Computer Science? If yes the please tell me the procedure for admission.
Yes, diploma candidates are eligible for BCA course.

Candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized board are eligible for BCA course.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.
15th December 2016, 06:42 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, diploma passed candidates are not eligible to get admission in bachelor in computer application course.

For admission in bachelor of computer application the required minimum qualification is candidate must have passed 10+2 from a recognised board.

Some of universities offers the course only to candidate must have passed 12th with science stream where as some of allows any stream candidates to appear for examination to get admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?