5th May 2011, 01:20 PM
surekha manjari

What is Geo informatics? What kind of job opportunities are available for this course?

wat is geo infamatics ?and wat kind of job oppurtunities are available for this course?

Related Questions:
  1. What is Geo informatics? What kind of job opportunities are available for this course? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Are there any job opportunities in Geo Informatics course?
  3. Opportunities available for higher studies after B.E in Geo Informatics?
  4. What kind of private sector jobs i can get being a Geo-Informatics passout?
  5. Which are the entrance exams conducted for higher studies after B.E Geoinformatics?
  6. Am I eligible to pursue B.E in Geoinformatics after completion of 12th? Scope and Job opportunities available? -- [New]
  7. Remote sensing and Geo-informatics jobs in DRDO? How to get a job in DRDO?
  8. Job Opportunities after the completion of Bachelors in Bio-Informatics?
  9. Which type of jobs can I get after completion of M.Sc. in Geo-Informatics?
  10. Am I eligible for Geo Informatics? I have passed BSc from Vidyasagar University
  11. Am I eligible for MSc in geo informatics after completing graduation from Calcutta University
  12. What are the jobs available other than Software after doing M.Tech in Remote Sensing(Geo Technology and Geo Informatics)?
  13. How to study Geo Informatics in Anna University? Any opportunity for me in ISRO?
  14. Am I eligible for CSIR NET or UGC NET? Is there any alternative to these exams? I've completed my BSC.Geology from Pune University. Now I'm doing MSc Geoinformatics in Pune University
  15. Bio informatics - higher studies? Job opportunities? best colleges in Kerala?
  16. Scope of Masters in Geo Informatics? What will be the future growth in this field?
  17. What will be the career scope for me after completion of MA in Geo Informatics?
  18. Is there any chance for me to join Geo Informatics group in Anna University after scoring 157 cutoff marks in 12th?
9th May 2011, 04:18 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What is Geo informatics? What kind of job opportunities are available for this course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by surekha manjari View Post
wat is geo infamatics ?and wat kind of job oppurtunities are available for this course?
Geo Informatics is some kind of study which is related to

The Science and Technology which deals with the spatial Information

or in simpler words we can also say that it is the science and technology which deals with the acquitisation,storage, processing and production of spatial information of our space

By doing this course you can observe the space information and further you can proceed with all the other data what you have

It is a very interesting branch

this has its wider wings with all these features with it

i.e.,

cartography

geographic information systems

Global Positioning systems (Which Is pretty famous in most of our mouths)

Web Mapping

and so on

Don't worry about the future in this stream you will have a bright future for the coming 10 years in this branch

I can say this because your brain is highly demanded for creative thoughts after doing this course

if you have a good eligible thoughts with creativity then your future will be brighter than what you are expecting

if you are a average student then you need work hard a lot to acquire good position in this field

Regards

~AdityA~
9th May 2011, 07:50 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is Geo informatics? What kind of job opportunities are available for this course?

or in simpler words we can also say that it is the science and technology which deals with the acquitisation,storage, processing and production of spatial information of our space

By doing this course you can observe the space information and further you can proceed with all the other data what you have

i.e.,

cartography

Web Mapping

and so on
10th May 2011, 02:05 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is Geo informatics? What kind of job opportunities are available for this course?

Geo informatics has been described as " the science and technology dealing with the structure and character of spatial information, its capture, its classification and qualification, its storage, processing and dissemination"

Geo Informatics has several applications in several fields. So, they have number of jobs in those fields.

They will be as follows
-Natural resource management
-Environmental planning
-Local & Municipal planning and development
-Emergency management
-Socio-Economic development
-Urban development

and many other fields
10th May 2011, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

where do we get jobs after doing geoinformatics?
10th May 2011, 04:46 PM
sujatak

Thumbs up Re: What is Geo informatics? What kind of job opportunities are available for this course?

Geo-informatics involves development and integration of computer tools and software for solving problems that deal with spatial (geographical) data.

It is emerging as one of the best technologies ,which has variety of application in fields such as agriculture, environment, health, military, urban and rural development, natural and man made disasters, oil and natural gas, banking and insurance, business geographic, mobile mapping, etc.

Hence, it provides job opportunities in various fields.

It is emerging as one of excellent career avenue and is expected to increase in future.
10th May 2011, 06:31 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Geo Informatics is the science and the technology which develops and uses information science infrastructure to address the problems of geography, geo sciences and related branches of engineering.

There are various branches in Geo Informatics like Cartography,Geodesy,Geographic Information Systems,Global Navigation Satellite Systems,Disaster Management,Photogrammetry,Remote sensing and Web mapping.There are many courses in Geo Informatics of diploma,graduation and post graduation level.

Geo Informatics has its applications in many streams like Agriculture,Forests,Disaster Management,Geology,Water Resources,Terrain,Urban Environment.

The demand of Remote Sensing and GIS professional is increasing day by day in private sector as well as Government Sector.As a Geo Informatics Post graduate you can expect jobs like Scientist, Junior Scientist, Project Coordinator, Project Scientist, Scientific / Technical Assistant, GIS Programmer, Research Scholar,Lecturer..etc.Hence,the demand for Geo Informatics is very high.
11th May 2011, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

if i do the distance informatics course from sikimmanipal may i get same opportunistic.???
sanju.
23rd May 2011, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

I'm doing my B.E. Geo Informatics....i wanna know what are the job oppourtunities for both experienced and fresher and what would be the pay scale for a fresher??...and also what are the things in which i should be well versed to get a good jod as well as good pay scale???
26th May 2011, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

which course in engineering has good opportunities
18th June 2011, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,
i am thinking of doing Geo-Informatics Engineering from U.P.E.S (University of Petroleum & Energy Studies), Dehradun. Is it a good branch? What are the future prospects and job opportunities in this branch from 4-5 years from now? Please reply A.S.A.P..
29th June 2011, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

hello sir,
I am pursuing geoinformatics engineering and i hav just entered my 2nd year. Sir i would like to know that which is the best place to do internship in this trade? and i would be really obliged if you could tell me what are the job prospects for geoinformatic engineers?
11th July 2011, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

sir can i take btech geo informatics engineering programme in andhra university college visakhapatnam.....could u please tell me what are the job oppurtunities i am going to get in and out of the campus???
13th July 2011, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I just finished my B tech in civil. Is it good if I do M tech in Geo informatics? what are the job opputunities i may get?
14th July 2011, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

what can ido in pg after finishing geoinformatics ug also tell me about its job opportunities.
21st July 2011, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

can i get high salary in geo infomatics
31st July 2011, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Is it worth doing a PG course in Geo Informatics through distance mode after btech in Computer Science?
1st August 2011, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

sir can we get good earning jobs in future
4th August 2011, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
i am thinking of doing Geo-Informatics Engineering from U.P.E.S (University of Petroleum & Energy Studies), Dehradun. Is it a good branch? What are the future prospects and job opportunities in this branch from 4-5 years from now? Please reply A.S.A.P..
it's a very good branch but the faculty in the college is not that good
but as per there is no pass out batch so we cannot say about the placements
no doubt this is a very good branch to select but u should think about the college
15th August 2011, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

Is B.E in Geoinformatics a better option over B.Sc in Geography? Or are they comparable?
16th September 2011, 02:06 AM
Unregistered

sir how to carear in pg diploma in remote sensing
11th October 2011, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

WHAT ARE THE JOB OFFERS AFTER COMPLITION OF B.TECH(GEO_INFORMATICS).HOW WIL I APPROCH
24th October 2011, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

Am a student in the department of surveying and geoinformatic, Federal University of Technology Owerri, in Nigeri.
I appreciate the fact that i'm studying this course! If you are still worried about job opportunities after studying the course, it means you are yet to understand what you are studying.
27th October 2011, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

PLEAS ANSWER TO ALL QUESTIENS
1st November 2011, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

which cooleges r available in india for this course?
29th January 2012, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

am doing my BE GEOINFORMATICS in anna univ..i want to work in my field bt here we dont get core companies for placements....how should i get job related to my field?
30th January 2012, 03:16 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Completing Bsc Agriculture will provides you good oppurtunity in the field of Biotechnology and Agriculture itself.There are companies which offers good jobs for Bsc graduates .But here one thing I would like to tell you doing Bsc in Agriculture will not give you more growth So better complete your Msc in the same field then apply for jobs ,you will find more jobs and good salary also.At this stage if you geta job also they will pay you not more than 15000/-But after Msc this will range between 25k -30k per month.Some of the Agriculture includes Agro Biotech,Balaji seeds,Centuri seeds private limited,Indo american hybris seeds,Noverties India,Namdhari seeds,Bhakti Biotech.
16th February 2012, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

SIR AM DOING MBA (IBM) AFTER CAN I GO FOR GEO INFORMATICS IS THERE ANY SCOPE CAN I GET A GOOD JOB AFTERCCOMPLETING THIS COURSE
24th March 2012, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

I AM DOING BE IN ANNAUNIVERSITY 1st year WAT I WOULDWANT TO DEVELOP TOGET GOOD JOB?
9th April 2012, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

what type of government jobs available by studying the course B.E. Geo-informatics?
12th April 2012, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

what are the top colleges for geoinformatics? please answer........
20th June 2012, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

Sir,now iam joined Msc geo-informatics at gandhigram rural institute(deemed-university).and i dont know deeply about the geo-informatics.sir i want know about the job opp in geo-informatics.pls tell me.
21st June 2012, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

i would like to take geo informatics in anna univ. shall i? plz answer
25th June 2012, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

where will i get jobs if i proceed courses in geo
infomatics??
2nd July 2012, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

My name is salau i'm study at federal polytechnic ado-ekiti nigeria,my question goes to what are the crateria require for geo-informatics as a course and is application with surveying,an where to obtain job after graduation.
4th July 2012, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

The program entails understanding of processing and simulation of scientific data required for the construction and monitoring of Geo-structures, environmental modelling and analysis, leading to an analytical simulation/software development career.
13th July 2012, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

I AM SUPPOSED TO JOIN IN GEO INFORMATICS IN ANDHRA UNIVERSITY.THEN WHAT ABOUT MY PLACEMENT.WHERE I GET MY JOB.
14th July 2012, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

hello sir i am pursuing my graduation in geography.can i apply for geoinformatics.what kind of jobs can i get after completing this course.
31st July 2012, 08:41 AM
Unregistered

Sir,I get a chance to study B.E. in Anna university tirunelveli.Is it have a good faculty for geoinformatics course
6th August 2012, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

Am a student just admit into {futa}uni of akure.i see dat d most problem facing d student dat study geo informatics is were 2 get job.pls were could we get job goodjob?
12th August 2012, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

I'm pursuing btech information technology.....I'm very much interested f doing ms in geoinformatics...how these both r related?how s value f this course?pls ans my ques
13th August 2012, 12:40 AM
randeephooda.2012

Hi dear,

i.e.,

cartography

Web Mapping

and so on

Don't worry about the future in this stream you will have a bright future for the coming 10 years in this branch

I can say this because your brain is highly demanded for creative thoughts after doing this course

if you have a good eligible thoughts with creativity then your future will be brighter than what you are expecting

if you are a average student then you need work hard a lot to acquire good position in this field

Thanks
17th August 2012, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

i am studying geo infomatics in anna university.chennai i completed B.E after then can i get which jobs in geo informatics ,what will be the future growth in this field
31st August 2012, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

diploma and degree both have same manyata or different.. pls reply A.S.A.P.
1st September 2012, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

are there good jobs in this field
16th November 2012, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

I have done b.tech form ece after that i want to do geoinformatics diploma.sir pls suggest me its good for me or not for future.
16th November 2012, 06:51 PM
chinook

hi,,,,

geo informatics known as the science & technology which deals with the spatial info.or it is other sense known as storage, aqustion,processing ,production of spatial info.

job opportunities are available for this course=======

1.socio economic development
2.web mapping
3.cartography
4.emergency mgmt.
5.natural resources mgmt.
6.urban development
7.environmental planning
8.gps
9.local municipal planning & development

all the best---------------------------
16th November 2012, 08:52 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Geo Informatics can be described as a special branch of modern science and technology which is related to Spatial Science.

Geo Infromatics is a new emerging field of technology which seems to have very high future in modern world. This is due to its diversed application in various fields. it is basically related to Spatial technology which includes remote sensing, very well known Global Positioning System (GPS), numerical analysis and so on.

It is considered to be a very important technology in the development of terrain, track pollution, exploit of minerals and water resources, aid in crime detection, simulation, 3D model development.
31st January 2013, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

sir i'm a m.a. student of geography, can i study of geoinformetics?
31st January 2013, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

sir i'm m.a. geography student can i study geoinformetics
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?