5th October 2010, 12:58 AM
vinaykumart

What happens to previous year GATE exam score after second attempt? Can we choose best among the two scores?

sir,
i appeared gate exam when i am in pre-final year and i got some 11000 rank with a gate score of 25 and i am in general cateogry..when should i ll call for counselling and do i get any college for this rank..can i attempt for this time and if attempt what happens to my previous score.. how many times i have chance for appearing gate exam

5th October 2010, 09:51 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: What happens to previous year GATE exam score after second attempt? Can we choose best among the two scores?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaykumart View Post
sir,
i appeared gate exam when i am in pre-final year and i got some 11000 rank with a gate score of 25 and i am in general cateogry..when should i ll call for counselling and do i get any college for this rank..can i attempt for this time and if attempt what happens to my previous score.. how many times i have chance for appearing gate exam
dear vinaykumar,

i think you have appeared gate last year.you did not mentioned your gate paper.by the way,you scored 25.have you reversed your gate score card?there neatly written your qualifying marks.first make sure you crossed the qualifying marks or not...if you crossed then you are a gate qualified student.And you can apply for IIT,NITs etc for m.tech studies after publishing their notification on daily newspaper.

You need to apply for colleges ,they will not contact you.You can also get JRF with qualified gate score.

and obiviously you can appear for gate.notification is already published.last date is 23/10/2010.there is no age limit for appearing gate.

Good luck..
5th October 2010, 10:37 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What happens to previous year GATE exam score after second attempt? Can we choose best among the two scores?

hello dear

the GATE eligibilty is given below

1.minimum graduation in engineering.

final year & prefinal year btech students are allowed to attain in the gate exam.

2.after msc doing msc. students are also eligibile to attain in the gate exam.

there have not any age limit to attain in the gate exam.

in the two times of gate, best one of rank will be counted.

all the best............
6th October 2010, 07:59 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What happens to previous year GATE exam score after second attempt? Can we choose best among the two scores?

hii..
previous year GATE exam score after second attempt? Can we choose best among the two scores

there neatly written your qualifying marks.first make sure you crossed the qualifying marks or not...if you crossed then you are a gate qualified student.And you can apply for IIT,NITs etc for m.tech studies after publishing their notification on daily newspaper.

You need to apply for colleges ,they will not contact you.You can also get JRF with qualified gate score.

and obiviously you can appear for gate.notification is already published.last date is 23/10/2010.there is no age limit for appearing gate.

Good luck..
6th October 2010, 05:04 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

dear i think wont get the good college at this rank you should appear for the 2nd time and also remember there many chanse you want but the eligibility of one score card is 2 years.
your this score card is also valid and new one also
all the best
31st October 2010, 09:27 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

you will not get good college with this score. but surely you may take admission with this rank.

i think you should appear in GATE in this year also. if you can do well in this year. if your rank is good than the other years then you will be able to take admission with this year's score. unfortunately if you are unable to do good score in this year then also you can take admission with the previous year rank. so do not worry. GATE score card is valid for two year. at the time of admission if you have two valid GATE score then you may take admission with the better rank.

but i think in this year you will do well. because your experience is now better than the previous and syllabus covered is also more than the previous. so prepare well for this year GATE examination.

best of luck.
1st November 2010, 01:30 AM
sanjusabu

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaykumart View Post
sir,
If you attempt GATE again then the rank of last GATE exam will be considered for preference.

As you have not mentioned your stream properly it is really hard to give you the college list where you can try but you can see the following statistics of GATE cut-offs of previous year :-
Above 96 Percentile: IITs., IISC
Between 85-96 Percentile: NITs (previously called as RECs)
Less than 85 perentile: Other institutes.
You can give GATE exam many times as there is no age limit.
12th November 2010, 01:48 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Each attempt is separate attempt you can take admission by any of the two valid gate score.
Colleges on 11000 ranking is possible but the level of colleges are not so good so it is better to attempt gate one more time and score better rank and take admission in good colleges.
15th November 2010, 11:26 PM
malini k

Dear friend,
You can write GATE in this year .Since you have scored low marks in last year's GATE exam ,you will not get any admission in reputed colleges
So it will be better if you write this year's exam and score good marks
The best of two scorecards will be taken so don't worry about that
Try hard for this year's exam
Good luck
30th November 2010, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

if i am qualified in 1st attempt and not qualified in 2nd attempt
30th January 2011, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

sir, if i'll take drop after b.tech, then it will better for preparation of gate?
15th March 2011, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

Can you please explain the difference between Marks Obtained & GATE Score?
15th March 2011, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

in 2010 gate exam my mark is 31.67 my score is 464 my rank is 5293. if itry for admission this year 2011 whether i will get NIT or reputed college

Reply to my Email address [email protected]
ganapthy
ramalingam street
dharmapuri
16th March 2011, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

i am currently in 3rd year and got a get score of 43.my rank is 3381.which colleges are going to be available for me?
28th March 2011, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

my gate score is 335 and 88 percentile.i m student of IT branch.please suggest the colleges..
30th July 2011, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

what is the qualifying marks not percentile for etc student to get admission in iisc bangalore in 2010?
17th October 2011, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

what was the minimum score to get clear in gate exam for the last 5 years?
17th October 2011, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum score to get clear in gate exam?
28th January 2012, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

sir I am qulified gate 2011, my gate score is 213 and rank is 24988. I am from SC categery, will i get any NITs?!!!, plese reply me sir.
4th February 2012, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

sir my gate 2011 score is 332 and rank is 3905,my branch is civil engg would i get any iit or nit college in 2012 , i belong to ST .... kindly plz reply/.....
15th March 2012, 07:17 PM
kaveribiswas

you will not get good college with this score. but surely you may take admission with this rank.

i think you should appear in GATE in this year also. if you can do well in this year. if your rank is good than the other years then you will be able to take admission with this year's score. unfortunately if you are unable to do good score in this year then also you can take admission with the previous year rank. so do not worry. GATE score card is valid for two year. at the time of admission if you have two valid GATE score then you may take admission with the better rank.

Good luck............
16th March 2013, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

Hello,
I got a score of 322 and 1982 rank in BIOTECHNOLOGY in GATE 2012.But I could not proceed through as I my M.Sc course in Environmental Biotechnology from J.N.T.U , Hyderabad completes only by october 2012. Now I did not Qualify in GATE 2013. I want to do M.Tech in Environmental Engineering. Can i get admitted in to any of the institutes using that previous score. How should I proceed.

Plz do send me some information regarding this to [email protected]. Thank you
16th March 2013, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

what happens to the previous year gate score whether it will increase its score for this year how to calclate gate score for 2012 gate marks valid for this year please reply me
14th January 2014, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

my gate 2013 score is 323...now it became 431...can i get NITS?
9th June 2016, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

I am qulified for this year If I give 2nd trial and disqualified in that exam then can I get admission on the base of previous over score
what is the effect of 2nd trial in all respect
23rd March 2018, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

I didn't qualify gate both last year and this year too, last year 22 and this year I got 20 marks. In any case if I have to submit my gate score for admission, which one should I use! Last year or this year?? Which is better!
4th April 2021, 04:12 AM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;3267358]Hello,
I got a score of 322 and 1982 rank in BIOTECHNOLOGY in GATE 2012.But I could not proceed through as I my M.Sc course in Environmental Biotechnology from J.N.T.U , Hyderabad completes only by october 2012. Now I did not Qualify in GATE 2013. I want to do M.Tech in Environmental Engineering. Can i get admitted in to any of the institutes using that previous score. How should I proceed.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?