6th July 2010, 10:13 PM
Devender007

What is the importance of coaching in IAS preparation? What is the ideal time for preparation for coaching?

Please tell me the importance of coaching in Ias preparation.Also tell me the ideal time when i should start my coaching,i am presently in 2nd year doing mechanical engineering

5th May 2011, 09:06 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the importance of coaching in IAS preparation? What is the ideal time for preparation for coaching?

First of all go through the Syllabus part of the CSAT examination attached here and then think how to start your preparation.For the preliminary you can start your preparation from now itself.Just go through the Newspaper daily so that you stay updated about the current events.So,i hope this is the ideal time and you can start your preparation from now itself.

Go through the Syllabus and prepare History and Civics,Geography from NCERT Books of Class 9th and 10th of CBSE, Goyal Brothers Prakashan of ICSE Class 9th and 10th.First you can go through the self study process and if you feel difficulty in going through then it will be better that you go through the coaching centers.

Remember that you even have to prepare for the Mains which will be held if at all your qualified for the prelims.So,stay focused and go through the preparation part.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CSAT-Syllabus-for-UPSC-Prelims-2011.pdf(61.9 KB, 184 views)
5th May 2011, 04:17 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What is the importance of coaching in IAS preparation? What is the ideal time for preparation for coaching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devender007 View Post
Please tell me the importance of coaching in Ias preparation.Also tell me the ideal time when i should start my coaching,i am presently in 2nd year doing mechanical engineering
I think it is best to take coaching than experimenting on your own..

Preparation for IAS can be done in different way according to the tastes and preference of the individual

each and every individual will have different methods and techniques to achieve their respective goals..

but very important fact is all the plans will have the following main qualities..

-> You should strongly determine towards your goal..

-> You should be well aware of what the syllabus and pattern..

-> You should also be hard working and also a smart planner of the preparation..

-> you should make smart plans according to the time available for the exam

The time to start preparation is 4-5 months before the exam

this will be the best ideal time

Regards

~AdityA~
5th May 2011, 04:48 PM
kapil vij

Default Re: What is the importance of coaching in IAS preparation? What is the ideal time for preparation for coaching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devender007 View Post
Coaching only help to get things easily and in due time. Teachers taught you concepts which you can't get easily after reading it single time. coaching provide you with the lot of books for preparation. And the foremost importance of coachings is that they provide you with the lot of mock test, which help you lot while doing a main exam.

Being a 2nd year student you have lot of time to prepare, minimum time required for IAS entrance exam preparation is 3 months, but don't forget i am telling you about the minimum time. This may also vary from person to person depending on their capabilities, or the level of mind.
And remember one thing that start preparing for mains exam, which is going to held only if you clarify the prelims.
If you start preparing according to mains exam, you can easily qualify prelims.
syllabus for both is same, but question paper format is different. check out the syllabus at teh official site of UPSC ..that is. www.upsc.gov.in

for further details, feel free to ask

Regards
KAPIL
5th May 2011, 04:56 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
The Civil Service Examination is not an easy one to crack, and to become IAS officer, you must be one of the highest scorer in the examination. Since it's a tough one, its advisable to follow certain steps for its preparation.
The first thing you should be aware of is the syllabus of the examination. As soon as you know the syllabus, the second thing you should do is to get yourself the study materials with updated syllabus. Thirdly, you must manage the previous years question papers to practice for the same and last but not least, you should organize your daily routine and give maximum time for the preparation.
Now, once you have managed to follow the steps, you must join a good coaching center to boost your preparation. To be successful in the examination, you can not depend upon a coaching center completely but regular classes by experts, do help candidates upto a certain level. A good coaching center provides qualified tutors and experts, who helps the candidates to prepare in a systematic manner.
Coaching Center is not the only factors behind success in the civil service exam, but its definitely an important one.
6th May 2011, 02:27 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Please dont create hype of IAS preparation in your mind, otherwise you will divert form your engineering , this is my self experience....

You can do just in some simple ways...
On every weekend, read some good magazine.
Practice writting skills, you can start blogging.
Read newspaper daily.

I think these steps are enough for decent preparation.
20th May 2011, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

I am a student of 2nd year tell me which subjects are in general studies
27th June 2011, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

i am a 12th passed student and have taken admission in d.u this year . i want to know should i
take coaching for i.a.s from now
25th January 2012, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am a starter in this field of IAS. i have completed my 12 class with a very low percentage of marks.But have desire to crack this exam, so please sir show me the right way and is it possible to crack this exam by me.I will be highly grateful to you if anyone help me out.
10th March 2012, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

Can a science student is also able to give IAS exam with his science subject?
13th March 2012, 06:00 PM
masuka123

Eligibility Criteria for UPSC IAS EXAM:

1.Age limit
21 - 30 years for general category,
33 for OBCs and
35 for SCs/STs .

2. Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.

3. Number of Attempts
Four attempts for open,
seven for OBCs and
no limit for SCs/STs.
(If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt. )

For details :
http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th March 2012, 01:51 PM
arnav saswati

hello sir.....

to take coaching is better for preparation in IAS examination you should prepare well otherwise you won't get a chance to crack it

you should be determine towards the goal
you should have confidence.
you should have knowledge.
22nd July 2012, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

I am 2nd year arts student.i want to become an ias officer.i want to continue my study in delhi.plz tell me how should i start my coaching.and is this the perfect time for coaching.and plz.tell me which center is best for me. .thanx
27th September 2013, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i am a student of msc. Botany third semester,and i want to prepare my selftfor I.A.S exam..give me ur best suggestion sir.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?