12th October 2011, 08:55 PM
viji gs

What is the maximum age limit for UPSC exam?

dear sir
what is the maximum age limit for upsc exam?...could u please send me teh age limit

13th October 2011, 04:34 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: What is the maximum age limit for UPSC exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viji gs View Post
dear sir what is the maximum age limit for upsc exam?...could u please send me teh age limit

Information Regarding UPSC Age Criteria.

Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts many examination like IAS, IPS, IFS, IES...and many other in every year.
To appear in the UPSC examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification = Graduation in any stream from a recognize University.
Age Limit = The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this exam.

Age Relaxation For Reservation category Candidates :-
->For SC/ST candidates :- 5 years.
->For OBC candidates :- 3 years.
->For PH candidates :- 10 years.
->For Ex-service man :- 5 years.

For any more information about the UPSC examination please visit the official website of the UPSC. :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
13th October 2011, 04:38 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What is the maximum age limit for UPSC exam?

Quote:
dear sir
what is the maximum age limit for upsc exam?...could u please send me teh age limit
Hello friend

UPSC : Union Public Service Commission.
This UPSC is a constitutional Body which is highly committed to recruit the right brains into the various central/or and state govt jobs also.

Primary thing is that there is no exam called UPSC Exam. But there are various exams conducted by UPSC for those above mentioned recruitments

The exams which are conducted by USPC are as follows :-

->NDA : National Defence Academy

->Civil Service Exam.

->CDS : Combined Defence services

->Engineering services exam

and many more.

Most of the aspirants of civil services get confused with UPSC Conducted Civil Service Exam and they start calling this exam as UPSC Exam,IAS Exam or IPS Exam . But the actual name of this exam is UPSC Civil Service Exam.

Hope you are also in this confusion so that I'm furnishing the details about UPSC Civil Service Exam so have a look into it.

The main required eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled by a aspirant like you are
-> You should have a degree certificate.
-> You should be minimum of 21 years of age.

21 years of age is minimum required age. The max age limit for aspirant is 30 years.
after this age limit general candidate is not allowed to sit for the examination.

Only there is relaxation for reserved category aspirants.
that too not for all the reserved Communities only OBC SC and ST castes are considered as reserved categories.

In this regard,
->OBC Candidates are relaxed upto 3 years after the general age limit, that means that if you are OBC Candidate then you can apply for the exam till 33 years.

->SC/ST Candidate are relaxed upto 5 years after their general age limit, That means if you are a sc/st candidate then you can apply for the exam till 35 years of age.

These are the facts which you need to know about age limit for UPSC Civil Service exam.

Regards
13th October 2011, 04:46 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear sir
UPSC : Union Public Service Comission and It conducts Many examination and the age Eligiblity Are Vary form Exam to Exam, UPSC Conducts examinations Like Civil services, NDA, SCRA, IES, I.S.S, CDS, IFS.

The age and Educational Qualification are also vary form Exam to Exam.

NDA : To apply for NDA Examination you need to complete you 12Th examination form a recognised Board and your age should between16.5 To 19 years, Those who crossed the age of 19 years, are not eligible for NDA Examination, This examination was Conducted by UPSC Two times in a year.

SCRA : To apply for SCRA Examination you have to complete your 12Th examination OR Graduate degree course with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination and your age should between 17 to 21 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for Other reserved Category candidates.

Civil services Examination : For Civil services examination your age should between 21 to 30 years and You have completed your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised university, Final year Graduate candidates are also apply for civil services examination.

IES Examination : For IES Examination, you must have completed your Engineering graduate degree course and your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

CDS Examination : Your age should between 19 to 25 years and you must have completed your Graduate degree course and for More details please check the official website -

www.upsc.gov.in
13th October 2011, 05:01 PM
sandeepsonipoly

Smile Re: What is the maximum age limit for UPSC exam?

Quote:
dear sir
Dear friend, Union Public Service Commission conducted various examination for various age group.
every year conduct no. of examination mention here;
  • Combined Medical Service
  • Combined Defense Service
  • NDA
  • ENGINEERING SERVICES EXAMINATION,
  • CIVIL SERVICES EXAM.,
  • INDIAN FOREST SERVICE EXAM,
  • SCRA EXAM
  • I.S.S EXAM
for various exam maximum age limit vary.
NDA: a candidate must have a 12th passed and 10+2 pusuring student with PCM also eligible and age limit 16.5 to 19 year old and no maximum age limit provided, also only unmarried male candidate eligible.

SCRA ; a candidate should be 12th passed with PCM and graduate with age 17 to 21 year old,here age relaxation provide by upse.

IAS,IPS,IFS, IES : a candidate be graduate with any discipline and age should be 21 to 30 year old, age relaxation for
SC/ST ; 5 year
OBC: 3 year

CDS EXAM : a candiate should be 19 to 25 year old and graduate.
so as you like you can apply more upse examination, every year upse conduct all of above examination,
and also log on www.upse.gov.in
13th October 2011, 05:12 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
UPSC is union public commission which conducts entrance exam to various post like IAS,IPS,IFS,IES.
For IAS ,IFS and IPS the academic background required is a bachelor degree.
For the IES you need to have bachelor in engineering degree .
The maximum age limit for the exam for the general category,33 For BC,35 for SC/ST candidates.
The number of attempts one can attempt differs from no restriction to SC/ST ,seven for BC and 3 for general candidates
13th October 2011, 05:25 PM
goutambiswas87

hellow,
The age limit should be 21 to 30.
In case of OBC 3 years relaxation.
For SC/ST 5 years relaxation.

Thank you.
13th October 2011, 07:24 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

this commission conducts so many exams, some of them in which you can apply just after 12th are -
1.NDA (NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY), (age limit 16.5-19years)

2.SCRA(SPECIAL CLASS RAILWAY APPRENTICE) (17-21)etc etc

some exam in which you can apply only after completing graduation are-
3.CDS EXAM(combined defence service eaxms) (AGE LIMIT 19-24)

4.IES(INDAIN ENGINEERING SERVICES)

AGE LIMIT-21-30. also there are 5 & 3 years of age relaxations for SC\ST & OBC candidates.

5.CIVIL SERVICE EXAMS like IAS\IPS etc.

the age limit for these exams are 21-30,there are 5 & 3 years of age relaxations are given to SC\ST & OBC candidates.respectively.

THANKS!!!
13th October 2011, 07:56 PM
raju bhai

Age Limit

A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.

upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.

upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.
13th October 2011, 08:14 PM
jiit_shobhit

Lightbulb Re: What is the maximum age limit for UPSC exam?

dear friends,for an upsc examination age limit upto 21 to 30.gen candidates hvn't relaxatation.u shuld complete ur age on duration of final yr appearing .
for a suitable information u can also visit on:upsc.gov.in
13th October 2011, 08:36 PM
raju bhai

The Civil Services exams are very tough and the UPSC takes stringent steps to keep it fair. Many in India aspire to be Civil Servants; therefore the competition for the IAS exams is very tough. As a result taking long distance IAS coaching alone is not sufficient. If you can afford to come to Delhi or such centers where IAS coaching facilities are good, that is the best option.

The exams which are conducted by USPC are as follows :-

->NDA : National Defence Academy

->Civil Service Exam.

->CDS : Combined Defence services

->Engineering services exam

and many more.

Most of the aspirants of civil services get confused with UPSC Conducted Civil Service Exam and they start calling this exam as UPSC Exam,IAS Exam or IPS Exam . But the actual name of this exam is UPSC Civil Service Exam.

Hope you are also in this confusion so that I'm furnishing the details about UPSC Civil Service Exam so have a look into it.

The main required eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled by a aspirant like you are
-> You should have a degree certificate.
-> You should be minimum of 21 years of age.

21 years of age is minimum required age. The max age limit for aspirant is 30 years.
after this age limit general candidate is not allowed to sit for the examination.

thanks
13th October 2011, 08:46 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear sir

UPSC means Union Public Service Commission conducts the various examination like I.A.S,I.P.S,I.E.S,SCRA,CDS,NDA......etc.

Age limits of the examination :-

I.A.S :- 21 years to 30 years.

I.P.S :- 21 years to 30 years.

I.E.S :- 21 years to 30 years.

SCRA :- 17 years to 21 years.

CDS :- 19 years to 25 years.

N.D.A :- 16.5 years to 19 years.

I.E.S :- Engineering degree from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.

I.A.S & I.P.S :- Graduate degree from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.

N.D.A :- 12th examination from a recognized board or equivalent qualification.

C.D.S :- graduation degree from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
13th October 2011, 10:23 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear sir

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Service Exams

I am assuming that you are asking about UPSC Civil Service Exams..

According to the UPSC guidelines..a candidate must satisfy the following criterion to appear for the Civil Service Exam :-

1) You need to be a graduate or a final year graduation student in any stream from an AICTE or UGC recognized University..

2) You should be in the age limit of 21-30 years for general category,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST and an age relaxation of up to 10 years for the Physically handicapped students..

The maximum number of attempts allowed for the general category is 4,for OBC it is 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
25th October 2011, 07:55 PM
srikanthreddypalwai

Quote:
dear sir
hiii friend...here i can help you.........here is the age limit...........

Age Limits
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2010, i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1980 and not later than 1st August, 1989.
The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable:
upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.
upto a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof:
upto a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2010 and have been released (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August, 2010) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or (ii) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or (iii) on invalidment.
upto a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2010 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three month's notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons.
20th November 2011, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

new age limit for ias exam
21st November 2011, 06:56 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear sir

DETAILS ABOUT UPSC EXAM

Civil service exam exam conducted by UPSC.There is no marks criteria.Only graduate are applicable for you.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:

Candidate should have minimum graduation degree with any discipline from a recognized university.

AGE CRITERIA:

For General category candidate,age should be between 21 to 27 years
For OBC category candidates age should be between 21 to 30 years
For SC/ST category candidates age should be between 21 to 35 years.

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:
4 attempts for General category candidates
7 attempts for OBC category candidates
Unlimited attempts for sc/st category candidates

For more details & updated information visit www.upsc.gov.in
4th December 2011, 07:45 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

The Maximum age limit for UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) exam

* Candidate should be the citizen of India.
* Candidate should be a graduate from a recognized university.
* Final year candidates can also appear for the exam
* Candidate should have the age limit within 21 to 30 years for general category
* Relaxation for OBC for 3 years
* For SC/ST candidates is 5 years
* Candidate should be physically fit.

Attempts:

* General category - 4
* OBC category - 7
* SC/ST category - No limit

Best wishes
24th December 2011, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

I am a ladyteacher of 45 years having about 20 years of service as PGT in an aided school. Am I eligible to write the test or appear for interview for recruitment of the post of principals by the upsc ?
26th December 2011, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

hi ,,i am doing b.tech computer science .
is there any u.p.s.c test for computer engineer.
19th January 2012, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

is any reservation for OBC?
19th January 2012, 06:04 PM
rkexam

Quote:
dear sir

Hello dear,

For UPSC(UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION) The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this exam.
Also there is Age Relaxation For Reservation category Candidates :-

PH candidates :- 10 years
SC/ST candidates :- 5 years
OBC candidates :- 3 years
Ex-service man :- 5 years

With Regard
RK
19th January 2012, 07:35 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear sir
HI,
U.P.S.C stand for Union Public Service Commission.

U.P.S.C exam is conducted for I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc.

I.A.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream fron recginiced university.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

ALL THE BEST!
19th January 2012, 09:19 PM
amitchoudhary08

What is the maximum age limit for UPSC exam?

Dear freind,

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Service Exams

According to the UPSC guidelines..a candidate must satisfy the following criterion to appear for the Civil Service Exam :-

1) You need to be a graduate or a final year graduation student in any stream from an AICTE or UGC recognized University..

2) You should be in the age limit of 21-30 years for general category,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST and an age relaxation of up to 10 years for the Physically handicapped students..

The maximum number of attempts allowed for the general category is 4,for OBC it is 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..
these are the some condition with them you can attend the UPSC exam.
all the best..

with regards,
Amit choudhary
20th January 2012, 11:58 AM
s_sivaranjani

Quote:
dear sir
The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this exam
age relaxation :

for SC/ST candidates;5 years
for OBC candidates; 3 years
20th January 2012, 07:08 PM
Mechanical Rai

Lightbulb Re: What is the maximum age limit for UPSC exam?

Quote:
dear sir
age limit is 21-30 years
there is also relaxation on age limits for sc/st: 5 years
obc: 3 years
ex-service-man: 5or more years
25th January 2012, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

hello sir my name is Hardeep singh . i am OBC student i want to join CDS EXAM . MY age is 28 years . my D.O.B is 10\10\1983 . can i fill the form of CDS. plese guide me
5th February 2012, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

hi sir,
my name is jamshed alam.my date of birth is 23-10-1991. am i eligible or not for appearing 2012 upsc( ias, ips) exam.
plz suggest me
12th February 2012, 08:34 AM
Unregistered

combined medical services exam, can that be given after 30?
27th February 2012, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
My name is Mohammad Nazish Imam Date of Birht is 02 Jan 1982. am i eligible or not for appearing 2012 upsc( IAS, IPS) exam.
plz suggest me. My mail id = [email protected]
27th February 2012, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
my name is Mohammad Nazish Imam.My date of birth is 02-01-1982. am i eligible or not for appearing 2012 upsc( IAS, IPS) exam.
27th February 2012, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
my name is Mohammad Nazish Imam.My date of birth is 02-01-1982. am i eligible or not for appearing 2012 upsc( IAS, IPS) exam.
12th May 2012, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

i am 17yrs old and my sister is 21yrs old.we want to do upsc. i have completed 12th and my sister has doing b.com-2 in saurastra uni.rajkot.plese guide us what we have to do?
15th August 2012, 08:30 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Exclamation Re: What is the maximum age limit for UPSC exam?

hello,
The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this exam
age relaxation :

for SC/ST candidates;5 years
for OBC candidates; 3
15th August 2012, 11:42 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.............
UPSC eligibility:-

The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline , from a recognize university.
The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs.
The relaxation are as follows......

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck......
19th August 2012, 10:12 PM
FIRST RANK SOLUTION

Talking Re: What is the maximum age limit for UPSC exam?

UPSC Exams-
Nationality:- The candidate must be the citizen of India to apply for the Indian Administrative Service & Indian Police Service.

Age Limit: - The candidate should be minimum 21 years of age for applying and the maximum age limit to apply for the UPSC Exams is 29 years.

Educational Qualification: - The candidate should have a degree completed from any of the institutes established by an Act of Parliament or any University deemed by the University Grant Commission under section 3, Act, 1956. The candidates with a degree from any of the recognized universities can apply for the UPSC Exams.

Number of attempts: - Every eligible candidate is allowed to attempt the Civil Services Examination four times.
22nd September 2012, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,
i am graduate with electronic engg.& also posted in central govt. i also belong to OBC category & widow.what is age limit for that case, appear in the exam of ies 2013? Plz give information about this. My email id is [email protected]
23rd September 2012, 02:43 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Sir ,
I would like to tell you, as UPSC (UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION), conduct many examination like IAS (INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE),IPS(INDIAN POLICE SERVICE),IFS(INDIAN FOREIGN SERVICE,IES (INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE), CDSE (COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE EXAM),.
You can apply for this examination only after graduation,..

For IAS,IPS,IES,IFS, etc, the age limit for this examinations is 21-30 years,.
also there are 3 & 5 years of the age limit relaxations applicable for the OBC & SC\ST candidates respectively.

Through CDS exam, one can apply for the Indian air force(IAF) , Indian naval academy(NA) Indian military academy (IMA).

The age limit for -
IAF - 19-23 YEARS,
NA- 19-22 YEARS,
IMA - 19-25 YEARS.
There is not any sort of age relaxations for any reserved category.

Thank you!!!
!gamble!
3rd February 2013, 10:10 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Viji,

First of all , i want to tell you that your question is incomplete. As The Union Public Service Commission conducts a number of examinations every year.

Also , the Age Limit for each examination differ from each other.

So , i suggest you to repost your quest mentioning the specific examination about which you want the details.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
3rd February 2013, 07:05 PM
helper1

Hello friend,

UPSC exam for so many job posts like

IAS
IPS
IES
IFS
CBI
CID OFFICER etc

Eligibility for the UPSC exam :

1. you should be passed the graduation from any recognized university.

2. age must be between the 21 to 30 years.

Age relaxation : 5 years for the SC/ST.
3 years for the OBC.

3. Indian citizen.

selection procedure ;
1. preliminary entrance exam
2. Main entrance exam
3. Interview

so according to the eligibility you can appear for the entrance exam
all the best !
9th February 2013, 04:32 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

UPSC conducts Various Exams for various Central Govt. Dept. of India such as:-

-NDA/CDS/SCRA/IES/Civil Service Exam

There is different ge criteria for different UPSC Exam.

NDA- National Defence Academy - 16.5 to 19 years with no relaxation for reserved candidate.

CDS - Combined Defence Service - 19 to 25 years with no relaxation for reserved candidate.

SCRA - Special Class Railway Apprentice - 20 to 28 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

IES - Indian Engineering Service and Civil Service Exam - 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

For more nformation you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
9th February 2013, 06:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you are talking about IAS examination then the age limit is 21 to 30 years for General Category.

There is age relaxation for other categories which is as follows:

For more information you can visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
9th February 2013, 07:44 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

List of UPSC Exams Age limits :

National Defence Academy : 16.5 to 19 years

Combined Defence Services :

IMA : 19 to 24 years

INA : 19 to 22 years

OTA : 19 to 25 years

Civil Service Examinations : 21 to 30 years

Age relaxation as per govt rules

3 years age relaxation for OBC Candidates

5 years age relaxation for SC/ST Candidates

Combined Medical Services : below 32 years

Central Police Force Examination : 22 to 25 years

30th January 2014, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I was born in july 1981. Am I eligible for upsc enterence exam for this year
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?