23rd June 2017, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum height required to apply for IPS selection in general category?

What is the minimum height required to apply for IPS selection in general category? Can you please give me the minimum criteria they will look for? I need to get the information on this soon as possible. Please guide me. Thank you!

28th June 2017, 09:52 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum height required to apply for IPS selection in general category?

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and for recruitment as an I.P.S Officer candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

Other than educational qualification required physical criteria to appear for examination is :-

Male Female

Height 165 cm 150 cm

Chest 84 cm 79 cm

Relaxation for reserved category candidates in height.

So, if you have above qualification you will be eligible to appear for examination and after qualifying in all stages will be eligible for final recruitment.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in
29th June 2017, 12:54 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum height required to apply for IPS selection in general category?

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and to become an I.P.S Officer candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The required physical criteria for I.P.S Officer for male candidates is Height 165 cm and chest is 84 cm.

For female candidates minimum required height is 150 cm and chest - 79cm.

Eye sight - 6/6 or 6/9 for good vision.

For detail iformation about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th June 2017, 01:18 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The minimum height criteria required to apply for Indian Police Service:

It is 165 cms for male candidate and 150 cms for women candidates. It is relaxed by 5 cms for candidates belonging to ST and other category such as Gorkhas, Assamese, Garhwalis etc.

For general candidate, it is 165 cms for men and 150 cms for female.
29th June 2017, 08:21 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

--> The basic qualifications required for appearing in Civil Services examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates are also eligible.

* You must satisfy some certain physical fitness criteria norm which includes height requirement which is 165 cm for male and 150 cm for female candidates. Relaxation of 5 cm is allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST and PH category.

For more details associated to same examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
29th June 2017, 09:28 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The minimum height required to apply for Indian Police Services selection is:

>>165 cms for men and 150 cms for women.

It is relaxed by five centimeters for ST candidates or candidates who belong to Gorkhas, Assamese, Garwalias, Kumaonis etc.
30th June 2017, 12:46 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

I.P.S sands for Indian Police Service. The examination is conduted by UPSC for recruitment of officers.

For selection candidates have to appear and qualify in all three stages of examination.

Other than examination required physical criteria to qualify for Indian Police Service is :-

Height - 165 cm ( male ) and 160 cm (female).

Chest - 84 cm ( male ) and 79 cm (female ).

There is relaxation in height for reserved category candidates.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th June 2017, 10:19 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IPS refers to Indian Police Service and to join the same you need to compete Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

* The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in Civil Services examination are as here under :-

1) You must be an Indian citizen with your age lying within 21 years to 32 years. In case you belong to reserved category then there is provision of age relaxation for you as per the government norms.

2) You must have completed your bachelor degree course in any subject of your choice from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of same degree course are also eligible.

3 ) You must satisfy the required physical fitness norm to join IPS which includes minimum height requirement which is 165 cm for male candidates and 145 candidates for female candidates. Height relaxation of 5 cm is allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.

For more detailed information associated to Civil Services examination you can visit the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?