8th December 2018, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

What is the minimum percentage for joining Indian Air Force after +2?

I would like to know about the minimum percentage required in 12th board exam in order to get into Indian Air Force. Further, I would also like to know about the course which I should study?

12th December 2018, 09:39 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum percentage for joining Indian Air Force after +2?

As far as you are concerned about the minimum marks required in Class 12th for joining Indian Air force, then it is 50% marks in case of Airmen recruitment while there is no such requirement for recruitment as a commissioned officer through NDA ( National Defense Academy ).

Also, for NDA entrance examination as well as Airmen X group recruitment, you are required to have completed your Class 12th with Mathematics and Physics as main subjects while for recruitment as Airmen Y group, there is no compulsion of any subject at Class 12th level.

For more details regarding different career options available in the case of Indian Air force along with their respective eligibility conditions, you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
13th December 2018, 10:39 PM
MNB1234

Default Re: What is the minimum percentage for joining Indian Air Force after +2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I would like to know about the minimum percentage required in 12th board exam in order to get into Indian Air Force. Further, I would also like to know about the course which I should study?
No minimum percentage of marks is required in class 12th.

you have to appear in the NDA exam conducted by UPSC

For appearing in the airforce wing you need to pass class 12th with subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

Next NDA exams is on 21st April 2019
14th December 2018, 02:29 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Air Force through NDA exam after 12th or through Group X/Y examination.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam:

1. You must have passed 12th from a recognized board with PCM subjects.

2. Age criteria is 16.5 to 19.5 years.

3. You need to have minimum of passing percentage of marks.

There is written test followed by Service Selection Board.
14th December 2018, 07:26 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NDA/NA stands for National Defence Academy/Naval Academy. NDA examination is conducted twice every year by UPSC. Candidates must have minimum of passing percentage of marks in senior secondary board examination.

It clearly means that if a candidate has passing percentage of marks in board exam then he can apply for this exam. For Indian Air Force, Physics and Mathematics are compulsory. Female candidates are not eligible for this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?