4th July 2012, 03:17 PM
trex2strike

Can I join Indian Air Force after B.Com in correspondence from Bangalore? What is the minimum percentage?

Can I join Indian Air Force after B.com in correspondence from Bangalore University. I am 24 as of now and I am awaiting my final year results to be announced.

What is the minimum percentage...?

BU is UGC/DEC recognized

4th July 2012, 06:04 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Air Force after B.Com in correspondence from Bangalore? What is the minimum percentage?

You can not join Indian Air Force after B.Com. in Correspondence but you can join Indian Army(Indian Military Academy) through appearing CDS(Combined Defence Service) entrance exam conducted by UPSC twice every year.

There is no percentage of marks required in Graduation for application to CDS but the Graduation Degree should be from a recognised University either from regular or from correspondence course.

Apart from this the candidate must be an unmarried Indian male within the age group of 19 to 24 years with good Physical and Mental health.

As you are from B.Com. stream you are eligible to apply for Indian Military Academy and Indian Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th July 2012, 10:30 PM
gokuls1

Default Re: Can I join Indian Air Force after B.Com in correspondence from Bangalore? What is the minimum percentage?

yes dear, you can join IAF after completion of graduation. jus go through www.careerairforce.nic.in for more details. percentage required is minimum 60% aggregate of all semesters n their should not b any recent backlog. jus apply online application form for Air Force Common Admission Test(AFCAT). last date for online application is 9th july. so jus apply through site mentioned above.
5th July 2012, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

@dhirajen18

Added I don't have a IIPUC or II equivalent would that have any negative result in time of interviews. Also I am thinking of appearing for 2 exams should I go ahead or is it not necessary. Please advice...

Grazie(Thank you)
5th July 2012, 02:47 PM
trex2strike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhirajen18 View Post
You can not join Indian Air Force after B.Com. in Correspondence but you can join Indian Army(Indian Military Academy) through appearing CDS(Combined Defence Service) entrance exam conducted by UPSC twice every year.

There is no percentage of marks required in Graduation for application to CDS but the Graduation Degree should be from a recognised University either from regular or from correspondence course.

Apart from this the candidate must be an unmarried Indian male within the age group of 19 to 24 years with good Physical and Mental health.

As you are from B.Com. stream you are eligible to apply for Indian Military Academy and Indian Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
Ok! But I have problem as I did B.com without a +2 or equivalent...many of friends are stressing that there is 80% chance that I am not be selected at all because of a lack of +2. So should I go ahead and finish +2 in corress? pls advice...

Grazie for your reply
27th September 2015, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

I did my b.sc physics from regular college but did my 12 from open university , am I eligible to apply for Indian air force
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?