7th May 2015, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

What is the minimum eligibility criteria asked for joining as fighter pilot in Indian Air Force?

Hello Sir/Mam,

I am amit podia of age 19.my height is 165 cm but leg length is 95 cm.I want to know can I join Indian air force as a fighter pilot.? Am I eligible to join? What would be the minimum criteria they will look for? Can someone answer me? Please reply me..

Related Questions:
  1. Can I become a fighter pilot in India Air Force?
  2. How can I become a fighter pilot in Indian Air Force? I am a class 10th student
  3. What are the requirements of becoming a fighter pilot? How can I become one?
  4. Can I become a fighter pilot through NDA?
  5. How can I become a fighter pilot after 12th through NDA?
  6. Can a girl become a fighter pilot in IAF? What is the procedure to apply for it?
  7. How to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force?
  8. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How to be a fighter pilot after passing 9th in computer science subject? What is the procedure to become fighter pilot in Pak Air Force? What are the rules and fees?
  10. Can I become a fighter pilot in IAF through NDA after class 12th
  11. Passed 12th MCVC in Electrical Technology : Can I join Indian Air Force as a Fighter Pilot?
  12. Is there any IAF open recruitment rally in North-East Circle? Where is the exact place?
  13. What are the requirements to join Indian Air Force as a fighter pilot? I have obtained 89.4% marks in 10th class
  14. When will the IAF exam be held this year? Can I apply for EKT exam? What is the exam date?
  15. Required Qualification to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force?
  16. Eligibility criteria to join Air-force as a Pilot? Is there any reservation provided to defense personal entrants in Air Force?
  17. How to become a Pilot after joining Indian Air Force?
  18. Can I become a fighter pilot after completing Aeronautical Engineering in Indian Air Force?
7th May 2015, 01:25 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum eligibility criteria asked for joining as fighter pilot in Indian Air Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Mam,

I am amit podia of age 19.my height is 165 cm but leg length is 95 cm.I want to know can I join Indian air force as a fighter pilot.? Am I eligible to join? What would be the minimum criteria they will look for? Can someone answer me? Please reply me..
You are eligible for Indian Air Force through NDA exam as fighter pilot.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam. Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

I have attached a document regarding physical criteria of Indian Air Force so please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Physical Requirements.txt(3.2 KB, 372 views)
7th May 2015, 06:51 AM
shekhartyagi50

Default Re: What is the minimum eligibility criteria asked for joining as fighter pilot in Indian Air Force?

Quote:
Hello Sir/Mam,

For Airforce you have got two chance one after the 10 through NDA and other after the graduation through
1. TGT
2. UGT
3. CDS
So you can go for any of them and minimum eligibility is 21 years of age after graduation and above 17 after 10 exam.
so you can go for any one of them for carrier in Airforce and you have got good height.
7th May 2015, 11:51 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for Indian Air Force ( Fighter Pilot ) :

1.You should have complete the graduation or higher qualification from the recognized university with minimum 50% of marks.

2.Age should be in between 19 to 25 for Indian Air Force Pilot.

3.Age relaxation will be applicable for the reserved candidates.

4.You must be a Citizen of India.

5.The stream which are mentioned below having higher priority.

--> Mathematics

--> Physics

--> Management Studies.

Considering your Age criteria and Physical standards absolutely you are eligible to apply for Indian Air Force Fighter Pilot.

More over you have to take a pre program for Indian Fighter Air Pilot called :
Specialized Undergraduate Polit Training " .

Some times you need to give a " Security Clearance " . Salary for Indian Air Force Pilots has very high.
7th May 2015, 01:47 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello Sir/Mam,

Joining in Indian Air Force (IAF) is a great honor and service to the country and for joining in this force with a minimum qualification needed is listed below:

-> The candidate appearing should have a citizenship in India as per Nationality standard.

-> Age limit needed is 16 1/2 - 19 1/2 years

-> Candidate should be a unmarried male candidate

-> Educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education with Physics and Mathematics as subjects.

-> Apart from all these the candidate need to be physically fit.

If you satisfy the above criteria's, you can apply for NDA Exam. This exam offers candidates to join in defence forces of India and the exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

The candidates are selected through:
  • Written Test
  • Interview

To get the applications forms check at http://www.upsconline.nic.in . To know more about the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th May 2015, 02:38 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

The exam you should be targeting is AFCAT.It is the Air force Common Admission Test.

The exam is held two times in the year.
One in or around February and the other in or around the October.
After the exam, you will be called for the SSB interview. SO, if you are thinking of the AFCAT exam, then you should aim at both the knowledge and physical strength.

Though you have asled for the pilot post only, but ley us provide yu with the details of all the branches for which the air force recruits-
> Ground Branch : The candidate have the P.G or Bachelor's degree in any subject with at least 60% and The Age should between 20 -27 yrs.

> Flying Branch : The candidate should have a minimum 19 - 23 yrs.The candidate must have the B.E/B.Tech Degree or graduate in any discipline with the minimum 60%.

> Technical Branch : The candidate should between have 18 - 28 yrs of age and should done Aeronautical Engineering with minimum 60% marks.

As far as the syllabus is concerned, it includes-
- Reasoning
- Verbal ability
- General Awareness
- Numerical ability
- General Aptitude.
7th May 2015, 07:53 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: What is the minimum eligibility criteria asked for joining as fighter pilot in Indian Air Force?

You can become air force pilot by following ways:

1). After 10+2 with physics and maths you can give NDA (National Defense Academy) exam if you wish to join air force as pilot. The selection is based on objective type paper and SSB (Services Selection Board) interview. Your age must be 16 1/2 to 19 years.

2). After Graduation you can give CDS exam if you wish to join Indian air force . Your age must be 19 to 23 years for air force after through CDS. CDS stands for Combined Defence Services

3). Through AFCAT exam after graduation. This exam is for flying branch , technical branch and ground duty branch. IF you want to become pilot you have to join flying branch.

Eligibility criteria
1. Candidate must be a citizen of India.
2. Candidate must be an unmarried male.
3. Candidate must have an eyesight of 6/6.
4. Candidate's age must fall between 16.5-19 years.
5. Minimum height required for Air Force is 157 cms.
19th May 2015, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

My height is 165 cm but leg length is 95 cm will leg length can make me unable to join iaf as fighter pilot through cds.please rply.
22nd May 2015, 05:16 PM
Amit podia

Ok sir, but I want to know can my leg length affect my selection.
12th June 2015, 03:45 PM
jarun94

Yes i too have the same doubt my height is 163 cm but my leg length is 92 cm so will it disqualify me from becoming a pilot in IAF
29th June 2016, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

What is maximum age of join indian air force pilot.

My name is suraj prasad. I'm student of diploma mechanical engineering. My age is 21. I'm eligible for apply air force pilot.
30th August 2016, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

I am poor boy and I read in class 7 how can the pilot in iaf after 12 PCM
27th May 2018, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

I am a girl of 16. I have passed 12th standard with PCM stream. I want to be a fighter pilot in Indian Air Force. What courses should I pursue for this and what exams I need to qualify?
9th June 2020, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir/Ma'am My age is 21 years and height is 157cms can I apply for flying branch in IAF?
3rd July 2020, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

I have secured 38 marks in mathe in class 12 can I became a fighter piolet
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?