17th March 2020, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

What is the passing criteria in each subject and overall under CBSE Board's curriculum?

I appeared in class 12th CBSE Board exams but I think that I will fail in Mathematics subject but I have also an additional subject. So, if I pass in all other subjects what will be my result? Will I Pass or Fail the overall board exam?

23rd March 2020, 10:38 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the passing criteria in each subject and overall under CBSE Board's curriculum?

The minimum passing criteria for passing in CBSE Class 12th papers is 33% of the total maximum marks. Further, to pass in a subject comprising of both Theory paper and Practical papers, a candidate needs to pass in both the papers separately by managing at least 33% marks in both papers.

Now, as the paper of Mathematics only comprises of theory paper, so you need to manage 33 marks out of 100 marks to pass in the same paper.

Further, I would like to let you know that under CBSE curriculum, a candidate has to pass in his/her additional paper also to be declared as a PASS candidate and therefore if you not pass in your Mathematics paper, then the status of your result will be Fail/Compart.

For FAQs related to CBSE board examination passing criteria, you can refer to the link www.cbse.nic.in.
24th March 2020, 06:42 PM
stutiswet2

Default Re: What is the passing criteria in each subject and overall under CBSE Board's curriculum?

If you wish to pass in each subject, then you will have to score at least above 33 marks in each subject. In case, if you are getting failed in one subject i.e. Mathematics, then you will get Compartment in that subject. Hence, your status of Board exam will be COMP i.e. Compartment.
You will have to clear that subject in Compartment Exam to pass Board exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?