14th February 2020, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

What is the passing criteria in each subject and overall under JKBOSE curriculum?

Hi, I gave my Board exams under Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education - JKBOSE curriculum and score 24 marks in Chemistry paper. Have I passed or failed the Chemistry paper? Overall I have scored 45%. So, have I qualified the Board exams? Will I get Pass Certificate?

30th June 2023, 07:48 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the passing criteria in each subject and overall under JKBOSE curriculum?

Under The Jammu & Kashmir Board of School Education, a candidate has to secure at least 25 marks out of 70 marks in the Theory part, 04 marks out of 10 marks in the Internal Assessment part, and 7 out of 20 marks in the External Practical paper in order to be declared in the Chemistry paper.

So, if you have managed 24 marks in the Chemistry paper overall or even in the theory paper only, you will not be declared PASS in the Chemistry paper and will not be issued Pass Certificate for your board examination irrespective of your overall percentage of marks.

For subject-wise minimum passing marks required to pass in a subject under J&K BOSE, you can refer to the link https://jkbose.nic.in/pdf/Document405100222.pdf.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?