26th August 2017, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

What preparation is needed for a 10th class girl to clear NDA exam and join Air Force?

What preparation is needed for 10th class girl to clear NDA exam and join Air Force? I want to become an officer to captain, can you please provide me the right suggestions which will help me to reach my goal? It will be helpful if you can answer me back soon. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. What can I do to join Indian Air Force after 10th being girl?
  2. Which Indian Airforce form can i fill on my 10th qualification basis?
  3. How to join Indian Air Force after passing class 10th? What is the education requirement for Indian Air Force?
  4. Where to get forms for NDA Exam? Can I apply for this NDA Exam to join Air Force after completion of 10th Class?
  5. How to join Indian Air Force after completion of 12th? Percentage required to join?
  6. Can a class 10th Girl appear for NDA exam? What posts are available for a Girl in NDA and what is he age criteria required?
  7. Can I join the Indian Air Force after completing class 10th? What is the eligibility criteria required for applying?
  8. Procedure to join Indian Air Force as a girl after completion of 11th standard with PCM?
  9. Can a Girl join NDA (CDS) after completing class 10th? What is the eligibility criteria required for a Girl to join NDA?
  10. What is the procedure to join Indian Air Force after completing class 10th?
  11. How can I join Indian Air Force after completing class 10th?
  12. Eligibility to join Indian Air Force for a girl candidate? -- [New]
  13. How to join Army Air Force after passing 10th class?
  14. Is it possible for me to get into Army or Air Force after clearing ITI exam?
  15. Is it necessary to study PCM to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force?
  16. How to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Procedure to join Indian Air Force after 10th?
  18. Whether a female candidate in her 10th is eligible to apply for Indian Air Force or not? If yes, than how to apply and prepare for it?
28th August 2017, 10:30 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What preparation is needed for a 10th class girl to clear NDA exam and join Air Force?

The full form of NDA is National Defence Academy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam:

1. You must be 10+2 passed or appearing for board exams.

2. Age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

3. Girls are not eligible for NDA exam.

You can not apply for NDA exam after 12th being a female candidate.
28th August 2017, 05:30 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What preparation is needed for a 10th class girl to clear NDA exam and join Air Force?

Sorry, you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination. NDA examination is conducted by UPSC.

The examination is conducted for recruitment in defence services. But only male candidates are eligible.

So, if you want to join as officer in defence services you have to appear and qualify in CDS examination. CDS examination is conducted by UPSC.

But, candidates will be eligible to appear in examination after completion of bachelor degree or in the final year.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
28th August 2017, 08:04 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that being a girl candidate you cannot join NDA ( National Defense Academy ) in any case as for the same only unmarried Indian male candidates are eligible.

Further as far as you are concerned about joining Indian Air force then you can join the same after completion of your graduation degree from a recognized university with Mathematics and Physics as main subjects in higher secondary school degree through CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) or AFCAT ( Air force Common Admission Test ).

Also to qualify the same entrance examinations you need to be very good in your English vocabulary and grammar as well as in current affairs and history, geography, polity of India. You also need to have knowledge of general science.

For more details about the mentioned entrance examination you can refer to the website www.upsc.gov.in and www.careerairforce.nic.in.
28th August 2017, 08:11 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

First of all, let me tell you that girls are not eligible for National Defence Academy entrance exam after 10+2 as per UPSC and Indian Defence norms.

Female candidates interested to join Defence can apply for entrance exams like Air Force Common Admission Test, Combined Defence Services after bachelor's degree to join any wing of Defence. You should pursue bachelor's degree to become eligible for these exams.
28th August 2017, 09:46 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Serving in Defence gives you chance to work for security and integrity of your country. But you must know that female candidates can not apply for National Defence Academy entrance examination.

The physical aspect of females after 10+2 is not suitable for defence purpose. It is reason cited for not allow girls to apply for NDA exam.

You can not apply for NDA exam after 12th.
28th August 2017, 10:21 PM
starberry

Girls are not eligible to apply for NDA after class 12th class.

But, after graduation you can become part of defense system in different fields.

Through CDSE entry you can join OTA as officer.

Through SSC and AFCAT you can join IAF flying branch

Through CET you can join IAF as ground officer.

You must complete graduation in engineering to move into technical field through EKT.
28th August 2017, 11:31 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted for recruitment in defence services.

The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

The age limit is between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible.

So, you are not eligible to appear in examination being a girl.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th August 2017, 08:16 PM
19Amanpreet
Member+

First of all, you cannot apply for NDA as it is reserved for unmarried male candidates.
Secondly, NDA exam is for joining Army and not any other defence force.

And now regarding Indian Air Force, you need to pass 12th class with Non Medical stream having Physics and Maths as compulsory subjects followed by your graduation in BE/B.Tech with minimum 55% marks.
Then you can appear in CDS examination being conducted by UPSC or AFCAT being conducted directly by Indian AirForce. The syllabus includes English, reasoning, maths, current affairs, history, geography, and related topics. As per the merit, the successful candidates who clear the written examination are called for SSB which is a kind of interview which are conducted at different places by Allahabad, Varanasi, Dehradun, etc. Your physical endurance, personality and intellectual intelligence is checked. Successful candidates are then called for their medical examination. In the end, final merit is prepared on the basis of which you are allotted short service commission or full service.

Regards
30th August 2017, 11:59 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria to apply for NDA-

A candidate must be 12th passed with physics, chemistry and maths as the main subject.

A candidate must have minimum 16.5 years of age and maximum 19.5 years of age.

A candidate must be an Indian citizen.

A candidate must be an unmarried male.

As per the criteria you are not eligible for NDA exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?