11th October 2012, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure for admission in B.Tech if I am a Civil Engineering diploma

sir, i am civil eg. diploma is runnig in last year ujain polytechnic collage please process in admissio i B.TECH

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for B.Tech Civil Engineering after passing diploma? Procedure to take admission in a reputed college?
  2. Can I get admission in Lateral B.Tech(Civil Engineering) after completing Diploma in Architecture?
  3. Admission in Biotechnology or Civil engineering after diploma?
  4. Admission in Biotechnology or Civil engineering after diploma?
  5. Colleges for distance B.E./B.Tech. in Civil Engineering after diploma in Civil Engineering? Procedure to apply for admission?
  6. Am I eligible to get admission for B.Arch after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering? Required Procedure for this?
  7. Procedure to get admission in AMIE course for Diploma Civil Engineer?
  8. Admission in B.Tech after Diploma in Civil engineering at IIT Mumbai?
  9. How to get admission in B.Tech after completing 3 years diploma in civil engineering?
  10. How to do B.Tech in civil engineering after completing diploma in civil engineering?
  11. How may I get information about the admission procedure for taking admission in B.Tech course with civil engineering stream after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  12. Possibility to study B.Arch for Diploma Civil Engineer? -- [New]
  13. Date of sale of Diploma Engineering forms? Procedure to apply for it?
  14. Am I eligible for merchant navy after doing diploma in civil? How can I do B.Tech in future?
  15. Procedure to study B.Tech(Civil Engineering) in Abroad for H.S. student? In which entrance exam I have to appear?
  16. Can I pursue B.Tech. in Civil Engineering after diploma in IT? Procedure of getting admission in B.Tech. Civil Engineering through lateral entry in the colleges of Himachal University?
  17. Procedure to get admission in AMIE after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  18. Eligibility to appear in West Bengal JELET for Diploma student? Procedure to get admission in B.Tech(Civil Engineering) course?
12th October 2012, 07:58 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure for admission in B.Tech if I am a Civil Engineering diploma

If you have doing Diploma in Engineering course then there is only one way for you to seek admission in the B.Tech. It is called lateral entry scheme. This scheme is valid only for the candidates with diploma in Engineering and Bachelor of Science degree.

Others can not use this process to seek admission for B.Tech. The requirement is that you complete diploma course with at least 50-60 percent marks to be eligible for the lateral entry scheme.

It is quite a popular scheme today in India which is accepted by hundreds of Engineering colleges. Although IITs have still remained away from this scheme. To get admission in IIT, candidates still have to appear for the IIT-JEE entrance exam which would be replaced by the ISEET entrance exam from next year onwards.

You will have to remember that there is no point of applying for entrance exams like AIEEE, IIT-JEE and ISEET. It is because lateral entry is not given on the basis of these exams. Besides diploma candidates are not eligible to appear for these exams anyway since they require candidate to pass 12th with PCM as the subjects.

You can seek admission through entrance exam called LEET. This exam is conducted in various states of India. There are some colleges who do not accept LEET instead conducts a separate entrance exam.

You can also try to get direct admission into engineering college based on the merit. Some colleges invite candidates for counselling and give admission on the merit.
12th October 2012, 09:11 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure for admission in B.Tech if I am a Civil Engineering diploma

You can take admission to B.Tech. Engineering Degree after Diploma in Civil Engineering only through lateral entry scheme adopted by most of the Engineering Colleges in India.

For Lateral Entry one must be an Indian Citizen having completed Diploma in any Engineering stream with at least 50% marks from a recognised Institution and has to crack entrance exam conducted by B.Tech. Engineering Institutions by applying for the same and on the basis of the score in entrance exam one can get admission to 2nd year of B.Tech Degree.

Some Institutions also conduct admission to B.Tech. Degree on the basis of mark secured in Diploma level.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?