20th November 2011, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for B.Tech Civil Engineering after passing diploma? Procedure to take admission in a reputed college?

i am persuing my diploma in electrical engg. from guru tegh bahadur polytecnic institute,new delhi and i am in my lasy year.i want to know that can i opt for btech. civil engg after my diploma gets completed. if i can opt for civil engg. after my diploma what is the procedure to take admission in a reputed college.
also list the name of the colleges .
email: [email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Colleges for distance B.E./B.Tech. in Civil Engineering after diploma in Civil Engineering? Procedure to apply for admission?
  3. Procedure to seek admission to diploma in Military Engineering College after passing 10th standard?
  4. Procedure for doing Polytechnic after ITI (Civil)? -- [New]
  5. Can I get admission in Lateral B.Tech(Civil Engineering) after completing Diploma in Architecture?
  6. How can I do correspondence from any reputed college in Civil Engineering?
  7. Admission in Biotechnology or Civil engineering after diploma?
  8. Admission in Biotechnology or Civil engineering after diploma?
  9. How to join Part Time B.E/B.Tech after doing diploma in Civil from reputed college
  10. Date of sale of Diploma Engineering forms? Procedure to apply for it?
  11. Procedure to apply for internship in reputed companies?
  12. Procedure to do Internship for 5 months in DLF for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 4th year student?
  13. Can I get admission in B.Tech/B.E. after 2 years diploma course? How can I get admission in Diploma engineering after CBSE class X board exams?
  14. Procedure to get admission in B.E. college having 68% in Civil engineering?
  15. Job opportunities for Diploma Civil Engineer? List of distance colleges which offer B.Tech program?
  16. Procedure and college names for admission in diploma in Civil Engineering in Pune
  17. Can I pursue B.Tech. in Civil Engineering after diploma in IT? Procedure of getting admission in B.Tech. Civil Engineering through lateral entry in the colleges of Himachal University?
  18. Procedure to do AMIE after passing diploma in civil engineering with 70% marks?
7th July 2012, 12:22 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for B.Tech Civil Engineering after passing diploma? Procedure to take admission in a reputed college?

Yes after completion of your diploma of engineering surely you may take admission in B.Tech. As you are doing diploma in civil engineering then it is better for you to take admission in B.Tech with civil engineering. There are generally two way to take admission in B.Tech after completion of diploma in engineer.

1. To take admission in B.Tech you may appear in lateral entry entrance examination for B.Tech. You may appear in this examination in your last year of your diploma or after completion of diploma of engineering. This is a state level examination. If you can clear this examination you will be able to take admission directly in second year of B.Tech. It will save your one year. But if you want to take admission in IIT then there is no lateral entry. So to take admission in B.Tech in IIT you have to appear in IIT JEE entrance examination. You should first try for lateral entry entrance examination to take admission in B.Tech.

2. You may take admission in B.Tech by appearing in the engineering entrance examination like a general 12th pass science students. There are so many engineering entrance examination like AIEEE, IIT JEE, State level engineering entrance examination etc. You may appear in any one of this. If you secure very good rank in these examination then you may take admission in a reputed college if you don't get chance in a good college from lateral entry. Through engineering entrance examination you have to take admission in first year of B.Tech.

There is some other way to take admission in B.Tech directly. Some private engineering college offer direct admission in B.Tech based on the diploma marks. But I will suggest if you want to take admission in a reputed institution of B.Tech then take admission through above mentioned two examination. There are most of the institution in Delhi have lateral entry seat. So find out a good institution which is good for you and try to take admission there based in your lateral entry entrance examination rank.

Best of luck.
21st October 2012, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for B.Tech Civil Engineering after passing diploma? Procedure to take admission in a reputed college?

Dear sir, I have completed Intermediate (Phy, Chem & Math) in 1986. I want to take admission in B.E/B.Tech in civil engineering. I have been working in Municipal Corporation for last 20 years as a Licensed Surveyor. Please guide me to complete my further studies with full details. Thanking you
22nd October 2012, 01:46 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

It is quite possible to do B.Tech in Civil Engineering, which is one of the oldest branches of Engineering after diploma in Electrical. Although it is not recommended to change the stream from diploma to B.Tech course.

Changing the stream makes it tougher for a candidate to actually cope with a new subject. You must know that diploma candidate gets admission in the second year of B.Tech. In such situation to study a completely different course that too from second year is never easy for anyone. A lot of students find it extremely hard. Therefore I would suggest you to stick with the stream.

As far as admission to B.Tech is concerned, you can get it though lateral entry scheme which is especially for diploma students. Under the scheme you can get admission in the second year of B.Tech course.

For this scheme there is no need to appear for entrance exams like IIT-JEE, AIEEE and ISEET or other state level exams like UPSEE. These exams are for candidates who have completed 12th not diploma course.

You will get admission on the basis of LEET examination performance. This is the exam you will have to appear for. You will need at least 50 percent marks in diploma course to appear for this exam.

As far as good colleges are concerned, please remember that IITs and NITs do not offer lateral entry. However there is various other colleges that would offer you lateral entry into B.Tech course. Some may offer it directly on merit while others through LEET.
6th June 2013, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

In karnata any clgs is there plz.. inform me
15th December 2013, 03:49 AM
Unregistered

Sir i m a student of civil engg diploma in kpw pitampura,this is my last yr nd still i score 65 percent marks..can i take addmission in b.tec
18th November 2015, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

Diploma in Civil Engineering. I am in 5th Semester, after 6th Semester is over i desire to study diploma to degree in Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Pune. Kindly give your suggestions and procedure. Your guidance is required.
26th February 2017, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for B.Tech Civil Engineering after passing diploma from Hindustan collage and moreover procedure to take admission in the same reputed college?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?