16th February 2016, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed for bio student to join Indian Air Force?

I had opted biology in 12th std and now doing graduation in arts(1st part). I wish to join indian air force after my graduation. So i want to know if there is any recruitment for graduated students who studied biology as their main subject in 12th. And also i am a girl.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure for an architect to join Indian Air force
  2. What is the procedure followed for bio student to join Indian Air Force? -- [New]
  3. What to do after 12th PCB to join Indian Air Force? Procedure for joining NDA?
  4. How should I join Indian Air Force? What is the procedure?
  5. In which entrance exam I have to appear to join in Indian Air Force being a B.E.(ECE) final year student? Selection procedure of Indian Air Force?
  6. Procedure to join Indian Air Force for 12th Commerce girl student?
  7. Why girls are not eligible to join Indian Air Force on 10th basis?
  8. How can I join Indian Air Force being a 10th student? Detailed information about Indian Air Force?
  9. Procedure to join as Engineer in Indian Air Force? Job Opportunities in Indian Air Force?
  10. How to join Indian Air Force if I am a B.E student?
  11. Can I apply for Indian Air Force and Army having completed Diploma in Electronics and Communications Engineering? Procedure to join Air Force and Army?
  12. Can I join Indian Air Force? I got B Grade in NCC C certificate
  13. How to join Indian Air Force after passing class 10th? What is the education requirement for Indian Air Force?
  14. How to join Indian Air Force after passing B.Tech 2nd year ECE? What is the procedure?
  15. Can I apply for interview directly in Indian Air Force through Fast Track Selection process if secured 79.67% in B.Tech(ECE)? Procedure to apply for it?
  16. How may I join Indian air force after completing B.Tech in ECE?
  17. Can I join Indian Air Force as a medical graduate?
  18. Can I join Indian Air Force being a candidate pursuing B-Pharmacy from Pune University being a Medical student in 12th Class?
16th February 2016, 10:33 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for bio student to join Indian Air Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I had opted biology in 12th std and now doing graduation in arts(1st part). I wish to join indian air force after my graduation. So i want to know if there is any recruitment for graduated students who studied biology as their main subject in 12th. And also i am a girl.
Yes you can apply for CDS exam after graduation. CDS stands for Combined Defense Service Examination. This exam is conducted by UPSC twice every year. Since you are a girl therefore you are only eligible to apply for Officer's training exam which is a non technical course.

Eligibility for OTA Exam:-

Nationality: You should be a citizen of India.

Qualification: You need to have a graduate degree in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

Age Criteria: 19-24 years.

OTA Exam Pattern:-

-English- 100 marks- 2 hours
-General Knowledge- 100 marks- 2 hours

There is negative marking. So for every wrong answer 1/3rd marks will get deducted from the total score.

Official Website:- http://www.upsc.gov.in/
16th February 2016, 11:02 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for bio student to join Indian Air Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you wish to join Indian Air Force, then you will have to apply for AFCAT Exam that is commenced every year in the month of February.

Upcoming Exam will be commenced on 21 February 2016.

However, you must have Physics and Mathematics to apply for Flying and Technical Branch. As you have Biology in 10+2, so you can apply for Ground Duty Branch only.

FLYING BRANCH:
Graduation in B.E./B.Tech
Physics and Mathematics in 10+2 with minimum 60% marks in each subject.

TECHNICAL BRANCH:
Graduation in B.E./B.Tech through Aeronautical Engineering Branch

GROUND DUTY BRANCH:
For Graduates: Age Limit is 20-23 years.
For Post Graduates/LLB (Five years integrated course): Age Limit is 20-25 years.
For LLB (Three years course after Graduation): Age Limit is 20 to 26 years.
For M.Ed/Ph.D/CA/ICWA: Age Limit is 20 to 27 years.

Some of the decent books for AFCAT Exam preparation are:
AFCAT Air Force Common Admission Test for Flying & Technical Branch (Paperback)
by Arihant Experts
Publisher: Arihant (2012)
Price: Rs. 271

How To Prepare For AFCAT: Air Force Common Admission Test Complete Book (Paperback)
by Chandresh Agrawal
Publisher: Priynka Prakashan (2012)
Price: Rs. 250

AFCAT Air Force Common Admission Test Exam for Flying and Technical Branch Guide 1st Edition (Paperback)
by RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House (2012)
Price: Rs. 220
16th February 2016, 11:18 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Air Force. To join Indian Air Force after 10+2 you have to appear and qualify in NDA examination conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination for recruitment in Indian Air Force is candidate must have passed or pursuing 10+2 from any recognised board with PCM as main paper and age must be between 16.5-19.5 years. Also, only male candidates are eligible for NDA examination.

So, you are not eligible to appear through NDA examination and same is for CDS examination after graduation degree but you can appear in CDS for recruitment in Indian Army.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
17th February 2016, 09:15 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NDA and CDS examination are two options one after 10+2 and another after graduation to join Defence service.

But being a girl you are not eligible to appear for NDA examination. Also you have biology in 10+2 so you are not eligible to appear for CDS examination for recruitment in Indian Air Force.

But you are eligible to appear for other wings of Defence Services. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
17th February 2016, 02:53 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

You are eligible to join indian air force in ground duty through AFCAT. You are not eligible for technical or flying branch in indian air force.

AFCAT Eligibility

Education Qualification
You must have passed graduation or post-graduation from a recognized university.

Age Criteria For AFCAT
- For Graduates : 20-23 years
- For Postgraduates : 20- 25 years
- For LLB : 20-26 years

AFCAT Syllabus
- General Awareness
- Verbal Ability
- Numerical Ability
- Military Aptitude
- Reasoning

Important Dates
- Starts Online Registration : 05/12/2015
- Ending of Registration : 31/12/2015
- AFCAT Exam : 21/02/2016
23rd April 2020, 08:38 AM
Unregistered

My name is nidhi I have given exam of class 12 bio student and which entrance exam I given to join Indian Air force
23rd April 2020, 08:42 AM
Unregistered

My name is nidhi I have given exam of 12 bio stream in this year and which entrance exam I have to appear to join in indian Air force
23rd June 2020, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

I passed graduation this year and m a biology student but I want to join indian airforce please suggest how can I apply for Indian Airforce if m a biology student?
8th August 2020, 07:38 AM
Unregistered

Minimum percentage required for non technical ground duty
15th August 2020, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

can we apply for afcat after mbbs ,even if we have maths in 12th..????
22nd August 2020, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my 10 2 from biology stream.. Am I able to join Indian airforce in ground duty through afcat
17th December 2020, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

Though I'm biology student and passed graduation am i applicable for afcat exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?