4th August 2013, 01:59 PM
ranganath6

What is the procedure to get into BITS? How should I prepare for that?

I am a +1 student, what are the procedures to get into bits? and how should i prepare for that??

21st June 2015, 11:18 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to get into BITS? How should I prepare for that?

BITS stands for the Birla Institute of Technology and one of the big name for the Technical course as a private institute.

The admission in the institute is on the basis of the JEE Mains rank as well as through the BITSAT. BITSAT examination is conducted every year.

The eligibility to appear for the BITSAT :-
* Candidate must have passed or pursuing the 10+2 from a recognised board.
* Candidate must have PCM as main subject with at least 75% aggregate and minimum 60 in each of them.

The examination is online based only and also the examination paper contains question of PCM as well as English. So it is must important to have the proficient knowledge of the English.

The admission on the BITSAT rank as well as some preference to the board aggregate. For more information visit at thewww.bits-pilani.ac.in
22nd June 2015, 08:34 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to get into BITS? How should I prepare for that?

BITS stands for the Birla Institute of Technology and Science. It has campuses at Pilani, Goa and Dubai.

In order to get admission in undergraduate courses in BITS after 10+2, you need to crack the BITSAT.

BITSAT is the Birla Institute of Technology Science Aptitude test. The examination pattern of BISAT is as below:

>>Mathematics or Biology: 45 questions

>>Physics: 40 questions

>>Chemistry: 40 questions

>>English Proficiency: 15 questions

>>Logical reasoning: 10 questions.

For every correct answer, you will get 3 marks and for every wrong answer there is negative marking of 1 mark. Total duration of exam is 180 minutes.

So you need to focus on the following topics or subjects mentioned above. The percentage of marks in 10+2 board exam must be greater than 80%.

For Mathematics, R.D Sharma is the best, practice questions from this books as much as possible. NCERT and H.C Verma books for Physics for 10+1 and 10+2 is enough to solve questions asked in this exam.

For Chemistry, NCERT books are sufficient but you need to have good command over each and every topics of the book.

Be updated with the current affairs, work on english grammar and solve questions of logical reasoning. Practice is the only key to get success in this exam. Once your preparation is done, solve previous years papers within time limit to gain confidence.
22nd June 2015, 12:10 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Hello
Full form of BITS- Birla Institute of Technology.
This is a big source as private Institute.
In this candidate are admitted as per the JEE mains rank and also through BITSAT, these exams are conducted every year.
Eligibility criteria are:-
for this candidate should have passed 12th from a respected board.
Candidate should must have physics, chemistry and maths and get atleast 75% of marks.
Exams are conducted online.
To get more information visit its official website.
Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?