4th December 2009, 04:36 PM
sayantani chakraborty

What is the prospect in Chemical Engineering? Will I get Government Job?

I am studing chemical engineering in Jadavpur University as a first year student. What is the prospect for getting govt. job.

Related Questions:
  1. How to get a government/private job in chemical engineering?
  2. Private job after completing B.Tech in Chemical engineering?
  3. What are the chemical engineering job opportunities?
  4. Is there any job in government after completing diploma in chemical engineering?
  5. How may i get a government job after my B.Tech in Chemical engineering?
  6. Best Chemical Engineering colleges in Tamilnadu? Salary of Chemical Engineering in Abroad and the fee structure of it in India?
  7. How to get job after completion of B.Tech Chemical Engineering?
  8. How to get top position in Chemistry? Tips to prepare for it? How can I remember all the reactions"?
  9. Whether a girl candidate can get Government jobs after Diploma Chemical Engineering course?
  10. What is the procedure followed to apply for government job in Chemical Engineering after completion of B.Tech? -- [New]
  11. How to pursue M.Tech in chemical engineering after completing B.E in chemical engineering?
  12. Job opportunities for Girls in Chemical Engineering? Syllabus of the B.Tech Chemical Engineering in Kerala University?
  13. Will I get government job after completing diploma chemical engineering? Opportunities to do government job in related field?
  14. Job prospect for Diploma in Electronic and Telecommunication holder in areas of Mechanical, Electrical and Chemical field?
  15. Job opportunities for girls after B.Tech Chemical?
  16. Job opportunities after B.Tech Chemical Engineering? Which are the companies hiring chemical engineers?
  17. Government jobs for physically handicapped B.Tech (Chemical engineering) candidate
  18. Eligibility to get job of a Chemical Engineer after diploma in Chemical Engineering or is it necessary to do B.Tech?
15th December 2009, 11:58 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the prospect in Chemical Engineering? Will I get Government Job?

prospect of chemical engineering in India is good.

after completing your b.tech you can start your career in private sector with stipend of atleast 2.4lacs/annum.

besides this gov. sector is also have promissing career oppurtunities.

for more greater job prospect i will advice you to complete your m.tech.
15th December 2009, 12:15 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the prospect in Chemical Engineering? Will I get Government Job?

you can join public sector companies like ONGC,IOCL and also NTPC
6th January 2010, 10:53 PM
ryan
Senior Member+

after doing your chemical engineering you can write GATE because several companies like
IOCL,ONGC entertain direct interviews on the basis of the gate score card.

or you can also apply for various posts by applying in off-campus job enteries of NTPC,delhi tranco,HPCL,BPCL etc.
7th January 2010, 08:56 AM
satyavani
Senior Member++

the chemical engineering has lot of demand in mining industry
7th January 2010, 10:34 AM
kusum singal

there are many comapnies which recuits the chemical engineers like nalco,ONGC,IOCL.
and if you go for further studes then you can go for lecturership.after BE you can go for civil service exams.
7th January 2010, 10:54 AM
rohit kumar singh

scope in chemical engineering is very vast...u can join any organisation
government sector
private sector
public sector
there r plenty of jobs...so dont worry ...all d best
7th January 2010, 08:01 PM
Senior Member+++

after doing your chemical engineering you caan join public sector companies like ONGC
IOCL
NTPC
12th February 2010, 06:59 PM
thakurbaba307

many public sector undertakings advertise for the post of chemical engineer..recent trend suggests that many chemical engineers are undertaking inter-disciplinary course at master's level to broaden their horizons
28th February 2010, 12:33 AM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend
there is good prospect in India in the field of chemical engineering...
if you don't get govt job after doing b.tech in chemical engineering...
then you should do m.tech in same field which give you surely good govt job
so
good luck.
2nd April 2010, 06:36 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

my dear friend, you are employed by almost all companies in the chemical process industry.Chemical engineers are also employed in areas such as research, design, process control, sales, economic analysis, and management. Petroleum refineries and the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and service industries also employ them.

so dont worry, there are very bright future after this course.......
3rd April 2010, 12:27 AM
nalanda
Senior Member++

now these days,
the demand of the chemical engineers are increases day by date.
here you will get good job option in both private as well as government company.
some of the companies names are as following:
IOCL
HPCL
BPCL
and many more.......
all the best
13th May 2010, 09:21 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hi Friend
yes you will get the government job after doing B.Tech in chemical engineering.
Here are some companies listed below which offers job for the chemical engineering students:
1.HPCL
2.IOCL and lots more.
All the best.
14th May 2010, 11:33 PM
sadhan
Senior Member+

good prospec of chemical engineers
you can get jobs in both public & private companies
you can get government jobs in
HPL
ONGC
IOCL and many more companies
16th May 2010, 12:15 AM
amitforever
Senior Member+

hi
there is a very wide scope to get a job as a chemical engineer especially in gulf countries
in india one can apply for
1 ONGC
2 OIL
3 BPCL
4 GAIL
and there are many more
so dont worry and go ahead
ok all the best for your future
31st July 2010, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

i am a chemical engineer from india, how can i identify a sponsor in uk
4th August 2010, 07:05 PM
prathamesh22

yes you can get job in government company like ongc etc
12th August 2010, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

may I know how can I apply for ONGC interview?
12th August 2010, 11:15 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear frnd,

Prospect of chemical engineering in India is good.

after completing your B.TECH. you can start your career in private sector like tata chemicals,RIL.

besides this gov. sector is also have promissing career opportunities.
just like IOCL,ONGC,HALDIA PETROCHEMICALS,HP etc.

you should wait for your college placement.

all the best.
13th August 2010, 01:23 AM
Sathishkannan

Chemical is one of the engineering degree which has its unique feature since it is related to chemical there are more possibilities for government job in the milk production,chemical production factories.
13th August 2010, 02:50 PM
bhavyachhabra

Smile Re: What is the prospect in Chemical Engineering? Will I get Government Job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayantani chakraborty View Post
I am studing chemical engineering in Jadavpur University as a first year student. What is the prospect for getting govt. job.

hii.. even i am going for chemical engineering and feel its so very awesome. can i ask you something , i myself asked questions related to this but i can't find out how to reach back to it or how to view the replies... what to do?
13th August 2010, 04:23 PM
bholag

dear friend,
The prospect in Chemical Engineering is good and bright.
After completion of your course, you can apply in many petrochemical factories or you can apply in many chemical industries.
Companies like:
ONGC
HP
Indian oil
etc.....
13th August 2010, 05:23 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: What is the prospect in Chemical Engineering? Will I get Government Job?

dear friend

u are in a very good branch.

the chemical industry is in a booming state.

many chemical companies are recruiting students in a large number every year.

here is a list of companies where u can apply

1. HP

2.ONGC

3.IOC

4.TCL

5.BIRLA GROUP

and many more.

all the best.
13th August 2010, 08:01 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend, the future of a B.Tech candidate in chemical engineering is very bright.
& job prospect in government sector is very good.
list of some government undertaking companies are:
1 ONGC
2 OIL
3 BPCL
4 GAIL
5 Haldia Petroleum

kindly apply in any company.
wish you all the best.
good luck.
18th August 2010, 12:12 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

u r a chemical engineer , obviously u can apply for govt. jobs like

1. ONGC

2. BHARAT PETROLEUM

3. IOCL

4.NTPC

etc..

but for higher prospect u have to continue ur study..

all the best.
11th September 2010, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

hey can any one tel me .i hav completed my B.E/CHEMICAL 2010 with 1st class .but stil m searching
for job vacancy.also i have an big question. their is no scope for the girls in this chemical industry.
plz plz .. reply me soon i am quite worry bout my futur
29th October 2010, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

tell me about govt company of chemical engineering..........
17th November 2010, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

u had got lots of oppurtunity ,you could design power plants and play in crores
raman k verma
18th November 2010, 08:21 AM
raja jeganathan

chemical engg having good scope in india .. after b.tech you can aproach in any private company,, they will give nearly 2-3lakh /year
26th January 2011, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

i have completed b tech chemical engg with 56.8%,(OBC).
Is any opportunity to get job in government sector.or some where else??
can i apply in UPSC engineering services or not?
i m kind of you plz reply as soon as possible.
28th January 2011, 03:50 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Smile Re: What is the prospect in Chemical Engineering? Will I get Government Job?

Quote:
dear friend,
job prospect in chemical engineering is very good in india. only a b.tech graduate is capable of getting 2.5 lakh package but if you complete m.tech, this amount is surely going to increase. a chemical engineer can apply in rubber, tyre, oil, refineries and all other such companies. so don't worry, you will get a good job
2nd February 2011, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

i got a job in tyre indusry..i finshed b.tech chemical engineering can u tel tyreindusty is gud for chemical engineering
5th February 2011, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

i m doing B.TECH in chemical engg
wanna to do M.TECH bt unable to pass the GATE exam
tell me another method to do M.TECH
12th February 2011, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Is GATE and TANCET xams r nly way2 do M.tech Chemical Engg.
18th March 2011, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Is high score in GATE is sufficient to get admission in IIT Kanpur or there is interview also in selection procedure
27th May 2011, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

is chemical engg. a good option for girls???
27th June 2011, 01:55 AM
debabrata21

Question Re: What is the prospect in Chemical Engineering? Will I get Government Job?

Quote:
Very Difficult!!!!!!!!
from a 19 years experienced well qualified Chemical Engineer.
22nd July 2011, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Chemical Engineers' prospect in 2013
22nd September 2011, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

I am doing chemical engineering. Now I am in second year.how can I apply for job in companies like ONGC, IOCL, BPCL, HPCL etc......
11th October 2011, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

its not easy to fine a job in Govt. sector. just like that everybody are saying. vacancies are very less for chemical and in pricate sector also . salary is very less. wont cross 2l. slow growth in career. i feel now for choosing this field!!!!!!:-(
11th October 2011, 04:51 PM
sriram85

its really difficult to get in govt sector as everyone says. vacancies are very less for chemical engg... private sector also u cant expect much salary. wont cross 2l as every one says. only slow growth in carreer. if u r not goin to get any jobs in placement then u r gone.!!!!! feelin now y did i choose this stream!!!!
from 5yrs exp guy
23rd November 2011, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

i am a diploma chemical engg. will i get govt job?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?