8th August 2011, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

What are the prospective of master of Engineering Management from USA after completing M.tech From IIT?

helllo, i want ur views/suggestion on whether one should go for Master of Engg Mangmnt (MEM) program after B.tech or M.tech.
I've completed my B.tech in Electrical discipline in
I want to go for M.tech and then work for a while then I want to go for MEM.
but I'm confused whether to go for M.tech or MEM, I m seeking for M.tech because I want to get a tag of a good known college that would help me getting more recommendation for USA.
But I want to know what will be the role of MEM with and without m.tech.
please help which option will be best for me..

Related Questions:
  1. M.E course offering in Chennai under Anna University?
  2. Which course is best to study for Post Graduation from WBUT?
  3. In which NIT can I get admission for M.Tech course with a score of 389 in GATE Exam in EEE stream?
  4. Top colleges providing M.Tech Biotech through GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Which institutes offer M.Tech in Environmental Science or other environment related fields like sustainable development? What is the admission procedure?
  6. Institutes offering M.Tech Metallurgy in Distance Education mode in India?
  7. List of the colleges where can I get the admission for M.Tech course? I have scored 49.67 marks and secured 2751 rank in GATE. Can I get admission in NIT's?
  8. What's the future prospective after completing Master of International Marketing with additional specialization like Digital Marketing in USA?
  9. What are the courses available after B.E. (Electronics)? -- [New]
  10. Steps for a B.Tech CSE student with 58%? Any companies for which I am eligible?
  11. Is it a good decision to move from Master degree in Electrical Engineering to Engineering Management? Is Engineering Management better than Electrical Engineering? What is the scope of Engineering Management in USA as well as in India?
  12. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  13. Best colleges for M.Tech course after scoring 972 rank in PGECET?
  14. Best Advance course and in which country after BCA?
  15. What should I do after completion of graduation? What are the courses available in market?
  16. List of different courses offered in aeronautical masters?
  17. Master in Automobile Engineering from APEX Institute of Management is AICTE and UGC approved?
  18. USA civil engineering job are avilable or not for Indian people without citizenship of USA?
28th October 2016, 07:50 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: What are the prospective of master of Engineering Management from USA after completing M.tech From IIT?

I will suggest you to complete M.Tech or M.E. from USA. You can apply for a short term job internships in USA, after you either complete M.E. or M.Tech there. Even people who pursue M.Tech from IIT, look for jobs in USA. If you manage to secure a studentship in USA engineering university, then getting a job over there will be much more easier.
You will not be able to pursue MEM without completing M.E. or M.Tech. MEM is a different stream, from what you have already completed in your graduation. So first of all, you must complete a master degree in a similar stream to your undergraduate stream. In fact, it might happen that after pursuing two years of M.E., you would not require to pursue MEM for quite a while. I would suggest you to prepare for GRE and TOEFL examination to study your master degree abroad.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?