9th January 2015, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

What is the qualification for an IPS officer?

what a qulification for an i.p.s officers

12th January 2015, 07:46 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification for an IPS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what a qulification for an i.p.s officers
IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Optional subjects:-

Agriculture, Management, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Mathematics, Anthropology, Mechanical Engineering, Botany,Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics,Commerce & Accountancy, Political, Science & International Relations, Economics, Psychology, Electrical Engineering , Public,Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian History, Zoology, Law.

Mains subjects:-

Arabic, Gujarati, Manipuri, Sanskrit, Assamese, Hindi, Nepali, Sindhi, Bengali, Kannada, Oriya, Tamil, Chinese, Kashmiri, Pali, Telugu, English, Konkani, Persian, Urdu, French, Marathi, Punjabi, German, Malayalam, Russian.
19th November 2015, 08:28 AM
Unregistered

sir what is the first step to become an IPS officer...I am studying b.com(CA) 2nd year only please tell Me to do My achieve best
8th November 2019, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

sir please tell me ips officer first step. I am studying in B.TECH(IT)4th year please tell me to achieve best categories
11th November 2019, 02:16 AM
Ramu66

Physical Criteria The physical criteria for eligibility of the IPS officer is as follows:

Minimum Height -
Men - 165cm
Women - 150cm

Minimum Chest Girth - Men/Women: 84cm 79cm

Myopia (including cylinder) should not exceed minus 4.00D Hypermyopia (including cylinder) should not exceed plus 4.00D

Nationality of a candidate must be either of the following: Citizen of India
Subject of Nepal
Subject of Bhutan

Educational Qualification:
A candidate must hold a Bachelor's degree from any of the universities recognised by the UGC or possess an equivalent qualification.

Age Limits : Candidate should fulfill the age limits mentioned below:
Minimum age 21 years Maximum age 32 years as on 1st of August in the year of examination.
15th November 2019, 04:07 PM
S4018

candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on 1st August of the year of examination if he is a general category student / aspirant. The upper age limit for IAS as well as all services prescribed above is relaxed for OBC, SC, ST and other categories of aspirants.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?