29th March 2013, 10:01 AM
brindalakshmi

What is the scope in BME? What are the job opportunities?

I would like to pursue my career with bio medical engineering.But I'm still confused about the job opportunities in India.And also i would like to know the courses/degrees required for BME.Please help me with your suggestions.

30th March 2013, 10:16 PM
single1

Default Re: What is the scope in BME? What are the job opportunities?

hi...
It is a new kind of engineering and therefore graduates with a degree in biomedical engineering are well sought after with a variety of career options open to them. Biomedical engineering teaches you the engineering processes in sensitive bodies, as opposed to other engineering degrees.
This enables you to apply your knowledge of sensitive systems into many fields of engineering, enabling you to be the best kind of engineer.
Currently, not only is medicine making advances, but so is machinery, and this occupation allows the combination of the two to help further medical achievements, and create treatments,
artificial limbs,
and artificial organs etc.

Some job profiles: -

Clinical Engineers
Biomaterials Engineers
Patent Analyst
Business Managers
Professors/Teachers
Research Scientists
Technical Writers
Biomechanics Engineers
Bioinstrumentation Engineer

List of Courses: -

Diploma in Biomedical Engineering
Bachelor of Engineering in Biomedical Engineering
Bachelor of Technology in Biomedical Engineering
Bachelor of Technology in Biomedical Instrumentation
Master of Engineering in Biomedical Engineering
Master of Technology in Biomedical Engineering
Doctor of Philosophy in Biomedical Engineering

Remuneration: -

Biomedical engineering is one of the highly rewarding field.
A beginner working in hospitals and health care centers can earn his initial salary around Rs. 10,000-15,000 every month.
Graduates engaged in research activities and teaching line can get their income between Rs. 15,000 - 20,000 per month. Individuals working in government sector can earn their initial income around Rs. 20,000 – 25,000 per month.
Biomedical engineers working in medical equipments production firms can earn around Rs. 20,000 – 30,000 every month at the beginning stage.

Good luck...

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?