21st May 2015, 12:43 PM
A.AKSHAYAA

What is the scope of Microbiology in India?

I have completed my 12th with maths, physics, chemistry, biology. I am interested in Biology. I was interested in biotechnology. But it seemed that it doesn't have good scope in India. Does microbiology have good scope in India?

21st May 2015, 06:13 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the scope of Microbiology in India?

Its not like that, there is a very good scope of microbiology in Indian as well as in abroad. You can develop your career in various fields like-

- Pharmacy
- researcher
- Lecturer
etc.

There are various departments of government which recruit people who do their graduation with Microbiology. This year only, UPSC has listed out various vacancies for such candidates. Let me list you out some examples-

- Quality Control Officer
- Associate Bacteriologist
- Project Assistant Microbiology
- JUNIOR / SENIOR RESEARCH FELLOW

Outside India also there is great scope of this field because of advancement of technology and various other factors so if you do your graduation from a good recognized college or university then there will be ample of opportunities for you.
21st May 2015, 11:37 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the scope of Microbiology in India?

# The career option in microbiology is gaining momentum day by day.

# Microbiology is good and lucrative career option.

# There is requirement of microbiologist in almost all industries.

# Today the need of microbiologist has tremendously increased due to development in the field of Science & Technology.

# Today, the need of microbiologists are required in following sectors or jobs:

* Best scientific research jobs
* Nanotechnology
* Food Beverage Industry
* Chemical Industries
* Pharmaceutical Companies
* Agricultural Research
* Medical Diary
* Clinics
* Laboratories
* Universities
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?