14th January 2019, 01:44 PM
Maria22

What should I do after BA in Economics? What are job opportunities?

I am about to complete my degree in Economics. What should I do to get a better job? What other additional courses I need to do and where can I do those? Or will I get any job with just my BA degree? What are the entrance exam I should apply?

27th February 2019, 10:41 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after BA in Economics? What are job opportunities?

BA Economics graduates can get a job in government sectors like Reserve Bank of India, Indian Civil Services, National Sample Survey, Ministry of Economic affair.

Job opportunities in private sectors are Private Banks, Financial Consultancy firms, you can become executive analyst, financial analyst, consultant. For these jobs you can make your profile on naukri.com, timesjobs.com so that you will start getting job calls.

For government bank jobs you need to clear IBPS(Institute of Banking personal selection). For details visit the site that is www.ibps.in

For more government job notifications, you can make your profile on https://www.governmentjobs.com
7th March 2019, 03:50 PM
Prince881993

Default Re: What should I do after BA in Economics? What are job opportunities?

Dear Aspirant,

As you are a economics graduate, you can try for job in similar field or you can go for higher education in the similar field.

Job Profiles
Some of the job profiles that B.A. Economics graduates work as are mentioned below

Investment Analyst
Investment Administrator
Economist
Economic Researcher
Sales Analyst
Financial Service Manager
Securities Analyst Trainee
Cost Estimator
Customer Profit Analyst
Fixed Income Portfolio Manager
Foreign Trade Analyst
Market Research Analyst

Eligibility to do PG in economics
Pass with 50% aggregate marks in Bachelors degree (any discipline) from a recognized university.

list of Institutes which are providing PG courses in Economics.

Loyola College
St Stephen's College
Lovely Professional University
Miranda House College
Presidency College
Madras Christian College
Hansraj College
Fergusson College

Good Luck!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?