1st December 2010, 02:52 PM

What should I do after completing B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

I am S.Y.B.Tech student of Civil Engineering from VJTI. What Should I do after completing B.Tech.? (I completed Inplant training during my diploma)

Related Questions:
  1. What is the qualification needed to become CBI officer after completing B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
  2. How may I do MS in Germany after completing B.Tech in civil engineering?
  3. Possibility to study B.Arch for Diploma Civil Engineer?
  4. How should I aim to become a talented Civil Engineering after completing Civil Engineering? Which courses do I need to take up after Civil Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What should I do after completing B.Tech? I am a 4th year B.Tech Civil Engineering student with 70% aggregate
  6. What is the fee structure of 4 year B.Tech in MIT Bangalore
  7. Best course after completing Civil Engineering Diploma?
  8. How to start B.Tech after completing diploma in civil engineering
  9. How to d MBA after completing B.Tech in civil engineering
  10. List of distance engineering universities in which I can apply after completing diploma in Civil Engineering course?
  11. Can I study B.Tech in Environmental Engineering if completed undergraduate in Civil Engineering?
  12. What is the eligibility criteria for civil engineering exam?
  13. What should I do after scoring 70% aggregate in Civil engineering
  14. Can I apply for SSC JE Civil Engineering exam after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering? -- [New]
  15. How to do correspondence B.Tech in Civil Engineering after completing diploma in Civil Engineering
  16. Can I get admission in Lateral B.Tech(Civil Engineering) after completing Diploma in Architecture?
  17. How to get admission in regular BE/BTech in Civil Engg. at GTU?
  18. How to get admission in B.Tech after completing 3 years diploma in civil engineering?
1st August 2011, 12:30 PM
lanu

Lightbulb Re: What should I do after completing B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

Hiiiiiiiiiiiii,

Civil Engineering is one of the primitive engineering fields which involves projecting, scheming and implementing structural bodies

a Civil Engineer has to study the following subjects.

* Computer Aided Design
* Structures
* Foundation
* Construction
* Environment
* Irrigation
* Hydraulics
* Surveying
* Soil analysis
* Cost and works management
* Basic Surveying
* Theory Of Elasticity And Plasticity
* Advanced Foundation Design
* Fluvial Hydraulic and Ground Water Modelling
* Plastic Design Of Steel Structures etc

Career Scope:
* Qualified Civil Engineers are always sought after and have a brilliant scope no matter what is the situation of the market.
* The country is developing fast and it needs infrastructures to sustain this development, which require qualified civil engineers to build them.

* Civil engineering is all about designing, constructing and supervising new and old structures, and as far as human society exists, construction of new buildings, transportation and even sewerage work will exist forever.

Placement Prospects: You can find job in construction companies, private consulting firms,Government departments, private and public sector industry, research institutes, railways, military, engineering services, consultancy services.

And the Salary is around 15000 to 20,000 per month but After 2-3 years of field experience they get around 40,000/- per month.

All the Best
1st August 2011, 08:54 PM
venu.linesensorarray

Default Re: What should I do after completing B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

Kirti,

Since you have the degree, you have three options.

*The first is to take a job with your current degree, which you will no doubt manage.

* The next is to go for higher studies in engineering field, like an M.Tech, for which you have to write GATE.

*The third is to go for higher studies in another field, like management, for which you have to write CAT.

Choose whichever one interests you most.

Cheers,
16th August 2011, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

what should i prefer? site job or office job?
16th August 2011, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

what should i prefer? site job or office job?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?