22nd September 2012, 07:25 PM
jestin philip

What should i do after completing B.Tech? I am doing B.Tech in mechanical engineering

I am doing b.tech in mechanical engineering.I need to know the courses which i have to undertake after completing B.Tech.

Related Questions:
  1. How to become a scientist after passing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering? I have passed 6th semester in mechanical engineering with 75% marks
  2. How to do M.Sc in Physics in Distance Learning through IGNOU?
  3. Can i do MSc in Physics through IGNOU distance?
  4. How should I join B.Tech Marine course by lateral entry after completing B.Tech Mechanical?
  5. How to take admission in B.Tech in automobile engineering after completing diploma from Mechanical Engineering -- [New]
  6. Is it possible to do MS in Acturial Sciences after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  7. How to take admission in btech mechanical engineering in west bengal after diploma in automobile?
  8. After completing diploma in plastic technical will I be able to do B.Tech in Mechanical engineering
  9. After btech want to be pilot
  10. Difference between B.Tech+MBA and B.A+MBA? Which stream is better for me in MBA after B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
  11. How should I join B.Tech marine for a short period after completing B.Tech Mechanical?
  12. How to do MS in Piping after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
  13. How should I join B.Tech course after completing diploma engineering in electrical engineering?
  14. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  15. Which are the B.Tech colleges in AP offering distance in B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
  16. Which are the B.Tech colleges in AP offering distance in B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
  17. Will I be able to take M.Tech Mechanical Engineering after B.Tech Petroleum Engineering?
  18. Higher studies options after mechanical engineering btech? -- [Most Discussed]
23rd October 2012, 06:35 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should i do after completing B.Tech? I am doing B.Tech in mechanical engineering

B.Tech in mechanical engineering is enough to have a job in firms like NTPC, GAIL, BHEL, EIL, etc. You have to qualify GATE to join as Graduate Engineer Trainee in any of these firms. M.Tech degree in streams like machine design, mechatronics, and applied mechanics are also useful. For managerial jobs, try for MBA degree in Operations, IT, Finance, etc. Selection of job or career is up to your decision.
24th October 2012, 12:11 AM
vikalp12

Default Re: What should i do after completing B.Tech? I am doing B.Tech in mechanical engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestin philip View Post
I am doing b.tech in mechanical engineering.I need to know the courses which i have to undertake after completing B.Tech.
no course after b.tech
24th October 2012, 01:23 AM
Hardik712

Hello Friend,
After completing B.Tech. you can further study M.Tech. for that you have to clear The GATE examination and get the considerable score to get the adission in well known institute.
GATE exam. is conducted ay IIT's

Or You can do MBA also for that you have to clear the GCET examination.
and you will get admission in well known institute of MBA with good score in GCET.

Or you can also be eligible For UPSC Exam also. . .

By clearing UPSC you can get good civil services.

Best Of Luck. Happy To Help You.
24th October 2012, 02:07 AM
lav11

hello friend,

Since you have done your BE from Mechanical Engineering then it is Enough to get a GOOD job in the Industries , but if you want to be specialized in the some designing tools then you can do some following course after completion of your graduation.

like:

CAD?CAM
ANSIS
PRO_E
SOLID WORKS

after successful completion of these above courses you will be specialized in the industries in your field , and you can get good salary package.

here I am suggesting some list of companies that offers jobs for your branch:

TATA MOTORS
HUNDAI MOTORS
TEXMO INDIA
RANE GROUP
NTPC
BHEL
HAL
ISRO
BARC
NHPC
IOCL
HP
ETC....

GUDLUCK!
lav11
24th October 2012, 02:08 AM
lav11

hello friend,

Since you have done your BE from Mechanical Engineering then it is Enough to get a GOOD job in the Industries , but if you want to be specialized in the some designing tools then you can do some following course after completion of your graduation.

like:

CAD?CAM
ANSIS
PRO_E
SOLID WORKS

after successful completion of these above courses you will be specialized in the industries in your field , and you can get good salary package.

here I am suggesting some list of companies that offers jobs for your branch:

TATA MOTORS
HUNDAI MOTORS
TEXMO INDIA
RANE GROUP
NTPC
BHEL
HAL
ISRO
BARC
NHPC
IOCL
HP
ETC....

GUDLUCK!
lav11
23rd February 2013, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

what should i do after completing my btech mechanical engineering .I am aiming for a good salary job.
24th February 2013, 12:19 AM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
After completing Btech following are the options for you:

1.You can apply for GATE and if you are able to qualify then you will have many good job offers.

2.You can opt for IES i.e Indian Engineering Services.By qualifying this also you will get best offers.

3.You can opt for CAT i.e exam for MBA.

4.Or you can opt for upsc civil services exam.
24th February 2013, 01:07 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
After Doing B.Tech you can go for Doing M.Tech Course.For Doing M.Tech course,you will have to appear in GATE Exam.

Eligibility you will required to appear in GATE Exam is as Follows :-

Educational qualification :-
-->>You should be passed out in your Engineering course.
-->>If you will be in Final year,then also you can appear in this exam.

Exam Pattern
:-
-->>Total number of questions in this exam will be 65.
-->>Total duration for this exam will be 3 hours.
-->>Questions will be objective type with 4 options.
-->>Negative Marking will be 1/3 for each wrong answer.

Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering Branch for GATE Exam :-
-->>Engineering Mathematics.
-->>Applied Mechanics and Design.
-->>Fluid Mechanics.
-->>Thermal Sciences.
-->>Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering.
24th February 2013, 02:24 AM
mayankt

Dear Friend;
There is much more scope for those who has completed Graduation in Technology, on base of Graduation in Technology you may be eligible for applying numerous of posts in Railways departments.
Here below is the list of posts that you may be eligible for :-
Section Engineer
Junior Engineer
Maintainer
Station Controlle
Train Operator
Customer Relation Manager
Assistant
etc.
Other then educational qualification, you must be a citizen of India and your age does not exceeds to 28 years.
Clickhere for getting notified about latest opening
All the best
24th February 2013, 05:57 PM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

Its Totally Up to You.

Some People Prefer Jobs..

Either They Get Placed By The College Or They Apply For Job In The Companies

Some People Prefer

To Go For The Further Studies
They Go For M-Tech Or M.B.A.

For M-Tech People Go For Gates And For M.B.A The Go For CAT Mostly.

Some People Also Go For And Jobs And Apply For The Distance Learning Progr
15th May 2013, 09:53 AM
Unregistered

which is best to study MBA or M.Tech?
22nd June 2013, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

i completed my b-tech mechanical engg. which type of fields better to me like design or production or quality control?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?