11th May 2012, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after completion of MA in English to become a Professor?

what should i do aftr m.a. english to becme a proffesr

11th May 2012, 03:04 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Default Re: What should I do after completion of MA in English to become a Professor?

You can become Professor of ENGLISH in a college.

For that you need to clear the NET examination.

After clearing the NET examination you become eligible to apply in colleges to teach in english as Professor.

Minimum Eligibility For applying in NET examination

Masters Degree in Subject With At Least 55% Marks From Recognized University.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

UGC conduct the examination twice in a year.

This examination is conducted for the Junior Research Fellowship and Lecturer ship.

Age limit

For Junior Research Fellowship - age of the candidate should not be more then 28 years.

For Lecturer ship - There is no age limit to apply for Lecturer ship.

The exam consist three papers

Syllabus

Paper I
  • General knowledge
  • Current affairs
  • Aptitude and reasoning

(It is 100 marks and a objective type paper).

Paper II
  • Core subjects

(it carries 100 marks)

Paper III
  • Selected core subjects

(It carries 200 marks)

(Total marks the paper carries is 400 marks)

Colleges time to time publish vacancies for lecturer in Daily newspaper.
After qualify the NET exam you become eligible to apply in these colleges

College/institution will take the interview of candidate.
If college/institution will find the candidate right for job they can appoint him/her as college's lecturer.

You can easily teach in private and govt colleges after qualify the exam NET.

for more info visit website

www.ugc.ac.in
11th May 2012, 06:59 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after completion of MA in English to become a Professor?

Post graduation degree is compulsory to become a Professor. In order to get in to government colleges or universities as lecturers you need to appear for UGC NET exam. For this, you should secure 55% marks in PG level. If you clear NET exam with good score you can apply for lecturer positions in reputed government colleges or universities. In case of private colleges, the details about available job vacancies will be published and you can apply for suitable positions. If you are selected you should attend personal interview and teaching demo as part of selection process.
16th December 2012, 07:48 AM
Unregistered

I've completed MA English 1st year and appeared for the second year recently.Waiting for the results.Am I eligible for junior lecturer in govt colleges or should I appear for NET?
4th February 2013, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

what do do after ma in english literature to become history proffesor in higher universities
13th March 2013, 12:43 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Red face Re: What should I do after completion of MA in English to become a Professor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If your aspring to become an Lecturer then you should Clear NET ( National Eligiblity Test ) Examination / SLET ( State Level Eligibility Test ) Examination from recognized
University .

Information Regarding NET Exmaination :-
----------------------------------------

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and this Examination is conducted by UGC ( University Grands Commission ) every twice in a year . The candidate who aspiring to Become an Lecturer then the candidate should qualified in NET Examination with good percentage of marks.

If your interested to apply for this NET Examination then , you should complete Post Graudation course in any discipline with 55% percentage of marks from recognized university . If your belong from sc/st candidate then relaxation is given for 5% percentage of marks .

Note :- Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination .

Age Limit :-
---------

-For Junior Research Fellowship :- Your age should be not more the 28 yeas and Relaxation will applicable for sc/st candidates .
-For Lectureship :- There is no age limit . Any candidate may eligible to apply for this Examination .

Application Procedure :-
---------------------

An Eligible aspirant may apply for this Examination in both the online as well as offline . You may also download the examination application from online itself . The Notification for NET Examination are released in during the Month of March and Last date of Online application during the Month of April . The Important Notification for NET Examination may published in Employment news papers and Official website of UGC . I, suggest keep watching employment news paper regularly so that you may get good details regrading NET Examination .

The Selection Procedure :-
-----------------------

-Written Examination and
-Interview

The NET Examination having three papers like, Objective type questions and There is no descriptive papers in this Examination .

Cost of Examination Application for Fees :-
------------------------------------------'

-For General candidates :- Rs . 400/-
-For OBC candidates :- Rs . 225/-
-For SC/ST candidates :- Rs.110/-

You may also apply for the Coaching Classes like,

-Brilliant Tutorials
-Pathfinder Academy
-Elite Academy
-Zenith Point

This Institutions may help you to crack the NET Exmaination with good percentag eof marks .

So, If you qualified in NET Examination then you may get Lecturer job in reputed college in India .
13th March 2013, 03:39 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become lecturer in government colleges here is what you will be required to do. In order for a candidate to become lecturer in government college, it is required to clear the entrance exam called National Eligibility Test.

Only the candidates who qualifies the National Eligibility Test becomes lecturer in government colleges. This entrance exam is conducted by the University Grants Commission.

It is conducted in June and December of every year. To appear you will first have to ensure that you are meeting all the requirement criteria. After that wait for the official nofification from the University Grants Commission. The forms to appear for the exam is submitted online.

Eligibility

1. NET is national level entrance exam for Indian citizens only.

2. Minimum qualification required to appear is post graduation degree.

3. Your degree could be in any stream but from a college recognized by UGC.

4. At least 55 percent marks in PG are required.

5. SC/ST need 50 percent marks in PG course.

6. The final year students are also eligible to appear.

7. There is no limit on attempts.

8. The NET subject should be related to your post graduation course.

Age Limit

1. JRF - 28 years is the age limit.

2. Lectureship - There is no upper age limit.
13th March 2013, 07:02 PM
Priyanka Pardeshi 7

Unhappy Re: What should I do after completion of MA in English to become a Professor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
answer:Apply in college,fill an online form for a job in school college etc.start own tution classes and educate the needy.
13th March 2013, 11:34 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

After doing MA English you have to appear for UGC NET if you want to become a Lecturer in colleges.

NET is National Eligibility Test for Post Graduates who want to become a lecturer in Colleges.

You must have 55% marks in Post Graduation if you want to appear for UGC NET .

Those who are SC/ST need only 50% marks in Post Graduation.

Age Limit for UGC NET:

For Becoming Lecturer- No age limit

For Junior Research Fellowships- Below 28 years

So if you want to become lecturer then you can apply for it without worrying about the age limit.

But if you want JRF then qualify NET before 28 years of age.

So be prepared for NET if you want to become an Professor in a reputed college.

For more information visit http://www.ugcnetonline.in

For question paper please download the attachments.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NET Engish Paper.pdf(82.9 KB, 280 views)
File Type: pdf NET English Paper III.pdf(108.6 KB, 153 views)
8th November 2013, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

Can i do mba after ba?
Bt i hv done ba in hindi medium
8th January 2014, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

After completing ma english literature..can i become a teacher or lecturer in govt institutions???? Or did i need bed/med
4th November 2020, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

I have Btech degree, MA in Geography, NET cleared
Do not have BA degree
Am I eligible for appoint RPSC College lecturer?
5th February 2022, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir, i want to do PhD in English Literature and with marks M.A.with 50 percent and ba with 44 percent, Is I am eligible for PhD in English Literature.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?