27th May 2011, 07:24 PM
pphd

Am I eligible to do PhD in English after completion of MA English with 53% marks?

Hi,
I have done M.A English and got 53.5% so i just wanted to know whether I am eligible to do P.hd or M. Phil in English because the eligibilty criteria for both is 55% minimum. So I am afraid whether I can get admission in any of them or I have to repeat my M. A . English..

Kindly help me out.......

Related Questions:
  1. From which university I can do PhD after completion of my M.Phil and MA with 53% marks in English?
  2. Eligibility for Ph.D in English literature after completing M.A English with 52.22%?
  3. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D in English after completion of MA in English?
  4. Am I eligible to get admission for Ph.D in English after completion of masters in English with 51% marks?
  5. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D course after completion PG course in English literature with 60% marks?
  6. Is it good to do Ph.D English or I can try for some other topic? -- [New]
  7. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in English after completing MA in English with 50.1%?
  8. Am I eligible to do Ph.D program after completion of MA in English with 50% marks?
  9. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of MA English with 50% marks from IGNOU?
  10. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MA English with 50% marks from IGNOU?
  11. Eligibility for PhD course in English Literature through online mode?
  12. Which course should i choose in post graduation to become a English professor in a college?
  13. Am I eligible to do PhD in English in Kurukshetra University with 52% in M.A.(English)?
  14. List of universities offering PhD in English in India? Procedure to apply?
  15. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in India after completion of MA English literature long back?
  16. Am I eligible for MA in English after completion of my B.Com with 70% marks?
  17. Can I do Ph.D after completion of English through distance education?
  18. Universities offering PhD to a candidate who has secured 50% in M.A.(English) in India?
21st February 2012, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PhD in English after completion of MA English with 53% marks?

Hi,
I have done M.A English and got 53% so i just wanted to know whether I am eligible to do P.hd or M. Phil in English because the eligibilty criteria for both is 55% minimum. So I am afraid whether I can get admission in any of them or I have to repeat my M. A . English..

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/am-i-eligible-do-phd-english-after-completion-ma-english-53-marks-186849.html#ixzz1mwyu0WKM
11th March 2012, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PhD in English after completion of MA English with 53% marks?

i did my ma english with 61%. but i could not finish the m.phil. i can do the phd in regular college with m.a qualification
11th March 2012, 09:10 PM
vaibhvi

If you are a General or OBC candidate then it is necessary to have 55% marks to do Phd or Mphil.But if you are belongs to other reserved category then if you have 50% you can apply for Phd or Mphil.
20th March 2012, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

How much percentage is required in M.A for doing phd in english?
26th May 2012, 02:27 PM
vrknair5

Thumbs down Re: Am I eligible to do PhD in English after completion of MA English with 53% marks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pphd View Post
Hi,
I have done M.A English and got 53.5% so i just wanted to know whether I am eligible to do P.hd or M. Phil in English because the eligibilty criteria for both is 55% minimum. So I am afraid whether I can get admission in any of them or I have to repeat my M. A . English..

No you are not eligible. You should have at least 55% marks in MA . I personally had got 51.5% in MA English so far I could not do my MPhil or Phd in Englsih)
26th May 2012, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

Can I do PHil/PhD (English) on line/ distant mode, if my % is less than 55%?
8th October 2012, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

Any possibility of doind phd with 52% marks in M.A Englisj?
23rd February 2013, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

hiii, i am complete M.A. from english. what we do want for future? please help me
22nd June 2013, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

I want to do Phd n I hav just completed my 12 so wat I iav to do now
1st December 2013, 08:01 AM
Unregistered

Difference in m.phil and p.hd .after P.G in english what to do for
Lecturer
17th January 2014, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

Plz help me out i hve got 53% in english nw wnt to do m.phil or phd ny were
16th March 2014, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for phd in English lit or NET exam as I ve scored 54.9% marks in MA English from ignou?
1st August 2014, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

I have completed M.A.english with 57percent marks.what is the prosizer of doing phd
20th May 2015, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my MA in English and I've gt 49%...Is it possible to do PHD in distance education?
27th June 2016, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my MA in English through distance education with 56 % of marks.Am i eligible for doing Ph.D in English
16th April 2018, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

I have completed Ma English with 54.6% and BEd with 79% . I would like to do Mphil or directly Phd. Which is preferable to do.
29th June 2019, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Ph.D. in English if I have completed my M.A in English as a private student
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?