21st June 2012, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

How to do M.A english after completion of B.Tech?

now i am persuing btech but i have so much interest in english so i want 2 do M.A english after completion of my btech so please tell me what are the entrance exams for M.A english

Related Questions:
  1. Which course is better after completion of B.Tech?
  2. How can I join in interior designing after completion of my B.Tech 1st year
  3. Am I eligible to do PhD in English after completion of MA English with 53% marks?
  4. Opportunities in higher studies after completion of my MA in English? List of universities providing such course?
  5. Am I eligible for B.Ed in English after completion of my B.Com?
  6. Steps to be taken for preparing civil services exams after completion of btech
  7. What are the opportunities after completion of B.Tech? I am studying B.Tech 2nd year
  8. Way to do LLB after completion of English honours? -- [New]
  9. Am I eligible for Pilot Training course after completion of B.Tech?
  10. How many B.Tech colleges are affiliated to KUK?
  11. Am I eligible for MA in English after completion of my B.Com with 70% marks?
  12. Am i eligible for Lecturer job in government colleges after completion of my BA, B.Ed and MA in English?
  13. Can I hold a masters degree in commerce and English simultaneously after completion of my B.Com? Will I be eligible for NET exam then?
  14. From which university I can do PhD after completion of my M.Phil and MA with 53% marks in English?
  15. Different Exams that a Chemical Engineering candidate can appear for after completion of B.Tech?
  16. How to do M.A English from IGNOU? Am I eligible for admission in M.A English? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Which courses may be useful after completion of B.Tech? I did my B.Tech in ECE
  18. Which streams of engineering are better? I have done SSC recently and I wish to pursue diploma in engineering
29th August 2012, 10:42 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do M.A english after completion of B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
now i am persuing btech but i have so much interest in english so i want 2 do M.A english after completion of my btech so please tell me what are the entrance exams for M.A english

Graduates in any stream may look to pursue Master of Arts [M.A.] in English, given one must have studied English as on of the subjects in the same. Most of the recognized University, considers candidates with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Being a Engineering Graduate, if you seek to pursue M.A. in English from Delhi University, you need to qualify the entrance examination. The duration of the program is two years comprising of two semesters. The entrance test are designed to test the candidates’ proficiency in English language [including comprehension and writing skills] and their knowledge of English literature and other literatures.

The entrance test conducted by the University of Delhi comprises of the following:
  • Part A: objective type questions [60 marks]
  • Part B: a question on an unseen passage of prose or verse [20 Marks]
  • Part C: a short essay question on a general literary topic [20 Marks].
Hence, for detail information, one may refer to the official website of any University of concern, which offers such program.
30th August 2012, 01:03 AM
rhythmjain

Quote:
you can do M.A. in english b'coz the degree of b.tech is completelly graduate degree & M.A. (any discipline) can do after graduation. so you are eligible for M.A. most of the university have course of M.A.(english,two years or four samesters) & prefer 50%marks of graduation.

many university also conduct entrence exam processing, so you can see syllabus official website of them.
Books are available in market(basically syllabus pattern will be same in gdaduation lavel in english sub.). In actual you can take help or guidance from english teacher.
30th August 2012, 08:52 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

It is possible to do M.A. in English after completing B.Tech I would strongly recommend against it. You should not switch the field after completing B.Tech course. If you were really that interested in M.A. you should have picked relevant course from the beginning.

Saying that it is your choice and if you really want to do M.A. in English then there is nothing i can do about that. What you need to do M.A. in English is graduation degree. However colleges generally prefer candidates who have completed B.A. in English for the post graduation course. But saying that it is possible to do M.A. in English after completing the B.Tech course.

You may have to appear in entrance exam since you have not completed graduation in English. For example there is a entrance exam conducted by the Delhi University. This exam was recently concluded on July 1, 2012.

More than 20 DU colleges give admission for M.A. in English through the entrance exam conducted by the Delhi University. The eligibility criteria for the exam is:

1. A graduation degree from a recognised university.

2. At least 50 percent marks in graduation course.

3. 45 percent marks for OBC/PWD candidates.

4. SC/ST candidates are only required to complete the graduation course.

Direct admission for M.A in English course is given only to candidate who has completed B.A. Hons (English) with 60 percent marks in case of General and 55 percent marks in case of OBC/ST/SC candidates.

However it is important to remember that 60 percent marks alone would not guarentee admission in DU for M.A.. The admission is given on the basis of merit list and availability of the seats.

After completing M.A. in English you can make carrer in the following fields:

Mass Communication

Teaching

Creative Writing

Translators
30th August 2012, 04:12 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

hello dear,
if you are interested in doing M.A course after B.TECH then you have to picked relevant course from beginning.
by taking admission you have following criteria
1. At least 50 percent marks in B.TECH
2. 45 percent marks for OBC/PWD candidate and SC/ST candidates are only required to complete the B.TECH

good luck
3rd September 2012, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

Are there any distant courses for doing MA in English after doing B.Tech Agriculture with 83.3 CGPA?
26th November 2012, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

Is english literature must as one of the subjects in B.A for applying M.A english entrence?
27th November 2012, 02:37 AM
Rush1234567

Dear friend,

if you want to do M.A English after B.tech then its fine ,
but you should not change your field,you have to continue your own field.
but thats totally your personnel matter .
if you want to do M.A then you have to apply for this course in university forms.
like in DU,Annamalai university.
after that you have to qualify their exam then you can do your course.
All the best.
22nd February 2013, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

Hi all,
I have completed my B.tech degree and i want to do M.A. English literature desparately!!
So pls let me know whether it is possible? and if so kindly let me know the procedures!!
And also tell me which and all universities in chennai or inside Tamilnad providing this?
25th February 2013, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

I completed my btech final year with above 75% i want to become a teacher in school for english. Is it possible??
25th June 2013, 09:36 AM
Unregistered

i cmpltd b.tech in 2012, n i want 2 do m.a english . I got 20th rank ou, so kindly let me knw whethr i am eligible r nt. Pls am dying regardng ths. My id [email protected]
25th June 2013, 12:56 PM
Winning Spirit

Dear Friend,

* There is nothing like a kind of entrance examination to secure a admission in M.A English degree.

* The eligibility is that you should have secured a recognized undergraduate degree may be either 3 or 4 years.

* You will have to directly approach the university for the information bulletin to proceed further.

Best wishes :-)
26th June 2013, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

firstly thnks fr undrstndng sir , finally wt u r sayng? Whethr am eligible r nt? Pls mail me ur numbr r post here, it wil b useful fr many stdnts. Thank u sir
27th June 2013, 12:54 AM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Hi,

Ofcourse, you can do M.A. English after doing B.Tech., but it is better if you do postgraduation in engineering.

You have done a professional course in engineering so it is better of you continue to do higher studies in the same field. It will give you expertise and will get a very good job also.

Doing M.A. in English is ok but it will dilute your qualification and will not put good effect on your career prospects.

But as you have asked about MA then these are the eligibility criteria for it -

You should have done graduation with 50% marks from a recognised university.

So, it think again and then decide. Its a question of your future.
27th June 2013, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

thnks fr ur concern sir, actually am nt at all interestd in b.tech, becoz of sm reasns i had done it. My aim want 2 become a Junior Lecturer. Thnks fr being respondng sir.
28th October 2014, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

yes its possible i am from andhra pradesh i completed my b.tech in e.e.e stream i am presently doing m.a english all u need is p.g.cet notification and then u can
join in m.a english
16th April 2016, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir, I did my B.sc. in Radiation Technology from NIMS University distance education. Is I`m eligible for MA English from DU. Kindly tell me all details pls. I want to do this course this year from DU, also tell me about entrance material and way of preparation.

Thank you.
16th April 2016, 10:51 PM
akash001ac

Dear Sir, I did B.Sc. in Radiation Technology from NIMS University Distance Education, Now I want to do MA English from DU. kindly tell me Is I`m eligible for this course...?
Also tell me about Study material for Entrance Test, and other all kind of help u can did for me...!

Thank you...!
21st March 2017, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir, I had completed my BTECH in 2010. I have been working in IT ever since.. Now I want to do MA in English.. Kindly let me know if I am eligible. I wanna purse the course via distance education.. Is it possible??
12th April 2017, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

I did BBA and now I want to pursue MA English course, but English wasn't there during my graduation, am I eligible for admission in any college/university through regular or distance mode, please let me know such colleges or universities.
11th June 2017, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

Is a person eligible for Lectureship if he doesM.A. in English from IGNOU after B.Tech
26th June 2017, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for social science teacher,i have done b.tech and masters in POLITICAL SCIENCE
26th October 2017, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

I have done b.tech in ECE .Now I am pregnant .So I want to do correspondence M.A. degree .Is it a right decision?? And which subject should I choose ??....(Now I am preparing for ssc and bank exams)
20th August 2018, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

What are the literature courses available for the B.tech graduate? Please need some help
20th June 2021, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

Hello, I just completed my BE. But I'm not sure about engineering.
I'm interested in English. Can I really apply for MA in English? Please someone can elaborate the process or conditions. That'll be a great help.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?