13th December 2011, 07:37 PM
Sayyed Shahrukh

What should I do after diploma in computer engineering?

Hello Friends,
What I should do after the diploma in computer engineering?I am interested in Software Engineering.

15th December 2011, 06:01 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What should I do after diploma in computer engineering?

Since as you mention that your interested towards Software hence go through the State wide examination held only for diploma students(E.Cet) for entry into Engineering course.You can prefer Computer Science Engineering itself to see yourself as a Software engineer.Subjects which will be covered in Engineering is similar to the subjects which you have covered in your diploma but the only difference is that diploma lacks depth when compared to Engineering.

You can even prepare for entrance exams like IIT JEE and AIEEE conducted National wide.Both these exams will be tough for you since you will rarely cover subjects like Maths and Chemistry in your diploma.To get selected in colleges which are under this examination you should definitely go though training courses else securing a rank in IIT and AIEEE is tough.For IIT's, NIT's and Universities under the State you cannot enter directly into the second year of Engineering.You can only join in the second year of Engineering for the colleges which are under the University level under lateral entry.For these type of colleges certain number of seats i.e 10-15% of the them will be reserved for lateral entry.

There are many opportunities for Engineering students both in Government sector and Private sector for example you can go through exams like CDS, CSAT and other such examinations conducted by the UPSC and SSC.
15th December 2011, 09:48 AM
dev99

Dear Friend,
After diploma you can join any B-Tech college for degree course in cse you can enter as an lateral entry candidate and this provision is also there in IIT's else you can directly go for campus drive those are hold for diploma graduates.
Thanks.
15th December 2011, 10:45 AM
Sanwariya

Hi!!

As you are interested in Software Engineering, It will better if you go for Diploma to Degree and pursue your higher education in Computer Engineering..

There are other options also available before you like IIT-JEE, AIEEE to pursue your career in IITs and NITs..

Therefore , without any hesitation , listen to your heart and do accordingly..

Regards,
15th December 2011, 01:20 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayyed Shahrukh View Post
Hello Friends,
What I should do after the diploma in computer engineering?I am interested in Software Engineering.
dear friend,

There are so many option after completing the diploma in Computer Science. Here it is :

1. Higher Studies.
2. Finding for a job.

1. Higher Studies :

After completing your diploma I think it will be better for you to go for higher studies like B.Tech. and then M.Tech. or M.B.A. or M.C.A. etc. As you have an interest in software engineering then I think after diploma you must have to take your B.Tech degree and then master degree and you will shine in your life.
Besides this, you must have to read the following books :

1. Software Engineering by Rajib Mall
2. Software Engineering by Pressman
3. Software Engineering by Pandey and Sharma.

These two books which I have mentioned in the above is very much important for you. If you complete these books then you will get more interest in this field.

2. Finding for Jobs :

I think it will not better option for you because you will get a less salary if you join any company after completing your diploma. Besides this, I have also mentioned some good companies where you will get chance :

* T.C.S.
* Wipro
* C.T.S.
* Infosys
* Accenture
* Tech mahindra
* I.B.M. etc.

good luck.
8th January 2012, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

am just studied diploma in computer technology,,,,but am not intrested in degree,,plz tell me the most scopable course in my future
8th January 2012, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

What should I do after 10th to become a software engineer ?
4th February 2012, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

I m studying in 2nd year computer diploma....
What should i do after diploma & i m not interested in B.E.???
Plz email me on [email protected]
17th April 2012, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

What shouldI do to became a software engineer after ssc? tell me more about Diploma course of software engg. Reply me on [email protected]
19th May 2012, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my Diploma in computer Science and engineering.some one told me i can join MCA. is it true. let me know.
29th May 2012, 01:09 AM
Unregistered

WHICH SUB HAS TO BE STUDY IN DIPLOMA IN COMPUTER ENGINEERING
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?